Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:23:44 AM
714780 Posts in 53106 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL! « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25
Author Topic: ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL!  (Read 49921 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2021, 09:11:27 AM »

Any calls for violence or a coup, at least on Mr Trump's part, are entirely in the imaginations of the democrat party...

I'm afraid that's not so.

"The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not."--Liz Cheyney, R. Wyo.

"On January 6, 2020, the President of the United States encouraged an angry mob to storm the United States Capitol to stop the counting of electoral votes. This angry mob turned violent and caused destruction to our nation’s symbol of democracy. This insurrection led to countless injuries and the death of several people, including two of our U.S. Capitol Police Officers. There is no doubt in my mind that the President of the United States broke his oath of office and incited this insurrection. He used his position in the Executive to attack the Legislative. So in assessing the articles of impeachment brought before the House, I must consider: if these actions--the Article II branch inciting a deadly insurrection against the Article I branch--are not worthy of impeachment, then what is an impeachable offense?"--Adam Kinzinger, R. Ill.

These are just a couple of examples of Republican legislators blaming Trump. There are more, and more will be coming soon.

I was too young, but when I asked him about it my father explained to me that Republicans supported Nixon for a while, but when they turned on him, it happened fast.

RINOs are not Republicans. They are Democrats with an R behind their name.

I think that Trump supporters are the real RINOs and always have been. Are the Q-Anon folks really Republicans, or just crazy losers who have latched onto Trump's "personal magnetism"? Nevertheless, accepting your view of things, "Republicans" are an even smaller minority than they were before. Such an obsession with ideological purity will ensure that Republicans, as you narrowly define them, will be an annoyance who will never wield political power on a national scale again.

The more stringent the loyalty test to be counted as a Republican, the weaker the party will be, which is one of the reasons Trump has been a disaster for the GOP.

Since we're stuck in a two-party system and will probably never get the multiparty democracy we need, we need a vital (and sane) Republican party. I can't enjoy the civil war in the GOP. I think they will have to purge Trumpism (not the rank and file voters, I mean the politicians and the rhetoric) and rebuild the party, like Reagan did after Nixon.  The entire situation is sad and scary.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2021, 09:28:12 AM »

Any calls for violence or a coup, at least on Mr Trump's part, are entirely in the imaginations of the democrat party...

I'm afraid that's not so.

"The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not."--Liz Cheyney, R. Wyo.

"On January 6, 2020, the President of the United States encouraged an angry mob to storm the United States Capitol to stop the counting of electoral votes. This angry mob turned violent and caused destruction to our nation’s symbol of democracy. This insurrection led to countless injuries and the death of several people, including two of our U.S. Capitol Police Officers. There is no doubt in my mind that the President of the United States broke his oath of office and incited this insurrection. He used his position in the Executive to attack the Legislative. So in assessing the articles of impeachment brought before the House, I must consider: if these actions--the Article II branch inciting a deadly insurrection against the Article I branch--are not worthy of impeachment, then what is an impeachable offense?"--Adam Kinzinger, R. Ill.

These are just a couple of examples of Republican legislators blaming Trump. There are more, and more will be coming soon.

I was too young, but when I asked him about it my father explained to me that Republicans supported Nixon for a while, but when they turned on him, it happened fast.

RINOs are not Republicans. They are Democrats with an R behind their name.

I think that Trump supporters are the real RINOs and always have been. Are the Q-Anon folks really Republicans, or just crazy losers who have latched onto Trump's "personal magnetism"? Nevertheless, accepting your view of things, "Republicans" are an even smaller minority than they were before. Such an obsession with ideological purity will ensure that Republicans, as you narrowly define them, will be an annoyance who will never wield political power on a national scale again.

The more stringent the loyalty test to be counted as a Republican, the weaker the party will be, which is one of the reasons Trump has been a disaster for the GOP.

Since we're stuck in a two-party system and will probably never get the multiparty democracy we need, we need a vital (and sane) Republican party. I can't enjoy the civil war in the GOP. I think they will have to purge Trumpism (not the rank and file voters, I mean the politicians and the rhetoric) and rebuild the party, like Reagan did after Nixon.  The entire situation is sad and scary.

I genuinely hope out of this, some sanity can be restored to your political class. A healthy democratic process needs viable alternatives to vote for, even if you disagree with the other side. Accepting that other people with other views can love their country just as much as you do but see a different way forward should be a given.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2021, 11:28:36 AM »

Sad thing is-this is far from over. They have the National Guard in DC- but I'll bet you dollars to donuts they will do some crazy s**t somewhere else.
(Not you, Cerebus . You'll be at home.   Wink
Me too.)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:44:06 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2021, 11:43:53 AM »

they've started boarding up the capitol building in Madsion, here in Wisconsin Bluesad

I'm guessing something similar to this going to happen in all the other states

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2021, 11:48:16 AM »

The State Police in Michigan say they are ready. But knowing the cops around here...they ain't.
Michigan is a big militia/ Neo Nazi haven.  Bluesad
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 11:50:18 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
pacman000
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2021, 12:10:46 PM »

Defense of Trump’s speech arguing it was not meant to entice violence, comparison with similar rhetoric from Democrats, argument that even an enticement to violence is, & should be, protected speech. There is a slippery slope fallacy at the end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=spgNSXx_0No
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2021, 12:19:30 PM »

Defense of Trump’s speech arguing it was not meant to entice violence, comparison with similar rhetoric from Democrats, argument that even an enticement to violence is, & should be, protected speech. There is a slippery slope fallacy at the end.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=spgNSXx_0No

Bulls**t. Your excusing.
Charles Manson was convicted of murder for brainwashing people to go crazy.
Ghoulinani said 'trial by combat!' at the same rally. Hatred
If that ain't inticement- I don't know what is.

the speech-

Small | Large

After Nosferatu spoke, this  z-rate cowboy jumps on stage talking s**t like a used car salesmen.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 12:45:28 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2021, 12:21:43 PM »

Have you seen the letter the joint chiefs of staff have signed and sent to all troops?

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2021, 12:33:25 PM »

Have you seen the letter the joint chiefs of staff have signed and sent to all troops?
Yes. I have.
I can't believe what I see. I was a kid watching Vietnam on TV. I was a teenager when I watched Nixon get impeached. I saw that on TV too. Because it pre-empted the Jack Palance Dracula when Nixon resigned.
I have NEVER seen nothing like this.
This man is a traitor.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2021, 12:48:37 PM »

Yes. I have.
I can't believe what I see. I was a kid watching Vietnam on TV. I was a teenager when I watched Nixon get impeached. I saw that on TV too. Because it pre-empted the Jack Palance Dracula when Nixon resigned.
This man is a traitor.

Thing that gets me, is he isn't a Hitler. He is a Mussolini. He looks rediculous and acts it too. Just goes to show that people really don't learn the lessons of the past.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2021, 01:01:00 PM »

Yes. I have.
This man is a traitor.

Thing that gets me, is he isn't a Hitler. He is a Mussolini. He looks rediculous and acts it too. Just goes to show that people really don't learn the lessons of the past.
He is a Mussolini.

Does this body language look familiar-?

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2021, 01:19:22 PM »

Sad thing is-this is far from over. They have the National Guard in DC- but I'll bet you dollars to donuts they will do some crazy s**t somewhere else.
(Not you, Cerebus . You'll be at home.   Wink
Me too.)

No, the barkers are telling the masses to stay away from the marches for a while, telling us that's just what the propagandists want us to do so they can spin it into something it aint.........

We're not all followers of some Star Trek Character.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2021, 01:29:03 PM »

(Not you, Cerebus . You'll be at home.   Wink
Me too.)
No, the barkers are telling the masses to stay away from the marches for a while, telling us that's just what the propagandists want us to do so they can spin it into something it aint.........
We're not all followers of some Star Trek Character.

Are you sure?

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 01:31:16 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2021, 01:55:38 PM »

What makes them think that dressing like democrats will help them hide in a Trump rally?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2021, 02:08:40 PM »

What makes them think that dressing like democrats will help them hide in a Trump rally?

Why would dressing in right wing costumes have them dressing as a left wing group?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ALL HELL IS BREAKING LOOSE AT THE CAPITOL! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.