Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:13:25 AM
714971 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7751 Members
Latest Member: ilovemyself2oo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2120427 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2385 on: May 30, 2010, 10:51:52 AM »

Deady Friend.

A kid with a robot falls for the girl next door. When she dies, he uses his robots brain to bring her back.

Its kinda a cross between Short Circuit and Bride of Re-Animator.
Some of the acting has to be seen to be believed !
Mindless entertainment.

3/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #2386 on: May 30, 2010, 11:45:54 AM »

The Green Slime- another film from the New Orleans Worst Film Fest, this is a tie for number two for me, tied with Reptilicus (the first is The Brain from Planet Arous  Wink), but by far the funniest scene is when you can see a Green Slime SITTING in a cart for a split second, its after the doctor dies when the lady opens up the door.  BounceGiggle 24.5/25

yeah no.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2387 on: May 30, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009): Sam Witwicky (Shia LeBeouf) tries to move on to a more normal life in college away from the Transformers but soon finds himself drawn back into their war when he starts seeing mysterious symbols in his mind, a code that the Decepticons also want.

Well I went into this with the lowest expectations possible and it proved just a tad better than I expected. Oh don't get me wrong, it was pretty terrible all around. The whole film is just mindless action sequence after mindless action sequence, with incredibly annoying and unlikable supporting characters, but worst of all is well...it's very DULL! You wouldn't think it possible for a movie with giant robots fighting constantly would be dull. Well in this case, it's definitely dullsville plus. The basic barebones comic book plot is there underneath it all and it stretches credibility to the hilt but at least there is a slight attempt to tie this into a cohesive whole. Sadly the whole thing is a colossal bore. We're never made to care for the robots, be they good or bad, as much as we should largely due to the lack of expressiveness shown in the CGI robot character's faces. Of all the robots, only Optimus seem to have any truly sympathetic and likable qualities and even there, it's just bare bones. The only thing here I liked was the basic spirit of the characters is there, albeit only in a somewhat cliched limited expressionless form, and the basic story underneath this could have perhaps worked in a more expressive traditionally animated form. As it stands though, I just consider this to be a slight notch above G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra solely because it seems just a tad truer to its source characters. That said, I'll sure glad I'll never need to see this criminally boring CGI action fest, that just seems to drag on and on forever, ever again and I'm sure glad I didn't pay anything to see it. *1/2 out of *****

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2388 on: May 31, 2010, 06:46:32 AM »

Tombs of the Blind Dead (1971) - some undead Templar knights chase some people around the Spanish countryside.  It's supposed to be night time I guess, but it sure looked a lot like daytime to me  TeddyR  They move at about 1/2 mph, but luckily for them, everyone falls down or becomes incapacitated by fear.  Or clumsiness.  It definitely crossed the line into comedy I'm afraid.  The characters were fairly well done, and the scenery was pretty enough.  Very slow moving though, and it didn't have much atmosphere.  All the blatant day-for-night stuff kind of killed that.  3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2389 on: May 31, 2010, 11:25:09 AM »

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1977)- pretty awesome. Jodie Foster plays a 13 year old girl who lives alone with her father but everyone suspects there is no father and it's just her. They all ask to meet him and she's like "he's in there he's busy". The woman who is leasing her the house is really annoying and determined to expose her big secret. Worse is this womans son, played by martin sheen, who is an obvious creep and pedophile intent on doing god knows what horrible things. He doesn't even care where the father is.

Rynn (Foster) is self taught (and JEWISH for some reason, an ashkenazi or convert I assume Question) and determined to survive. It's obviously a great role for Foster to play. Mathew Modine shows up to be her pal, there is even a modicum of chemistry despite, you know, Jodie. If you like her movies like the airplane one or Panic Room you will like this though it's not as intense and actiony. very suspenseful though. came out in '77 and is pretty f**kin punk

5/5

Small | Large

Funhouse (1981)- This is good but they kind of hadn't gotten the formula down for horror yet so at times it's a little clunky. Overall it's good and quite colorful as it takes place mostly at a carnival. The main characters are attractive but a little bland, the thrills take a while to get going and are not superbly choreographed / written. It even resembles an art film in some places (all the "freaky" faces and cackling weridos) which is not really what you were looking for. I'd hardly call it a misfire though, just not ridiculous enough to be awesomely bad or quite awesome enough to be awesome.

4/5
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:01:19 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2390 on: May 31, 2010, 11:36:07 AM »

Watched CHEERLEADER NINJAS last night.  Was good for a few laughs, but I would have liked it better without quite so much 'bathroom humor.'

Read some online reviews after watching it and was absolutely amazed that there are people who actually watched this movie thinking it was, or was even meant to be, anything other than a spoof/farce.   Truly astonishing!

3 of 5 for pure cheesy fun, though kinda tired by the end.

Also finished watching SPEAKING OF SEX.  This one was fun with some good laugh moments.  I like James Spader's acting a lot, and of course Bill Murray commanded center stage in all of his scenes.  But Malora Walters was truly stunning as the somewhat naive, pseudo-innocent Melinda.   Worth a look.

4.5 of 5 (rating high since it actually delivered some laughs, something too many comedies completely fail to do).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2391 on: May 31, 2010, 11:55:12 AM »

Don't Look Now (1973) slow boiler starring the john holmes looking guy who played the professor in Animal House.

That's the first time I've heard Donald Sutherland referred to as "the john holmes looking guy who played the professor in Animal House."  BounceGiggle

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2392 on: May 31, 2010, 11:59:23 AM »

is that him though?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2393 on: May 31, 2010, 12:18:02 PM »

REPO: THE GENETIC OPERA (2008): Rock opera about a bizarre future where a mysterious disease has made organ failure commonplace, and people live on genetically engineered organs that are repossessed if their owners fall behind in payments.  It's such a cool idea that you really want to like it, but the obstacle is that it's a musical without one hummable tune or memorable lyric.  Unfortunately, the poor execution in this one has set back the cause of gory horror/sci-fi/black comedy musicals by about 30 years. 2/5.

MALICE IN WONDERLAND (2009): Alice loses her memory and enters a psychedelic Wonderland of quirky lowlife London gangsters.  The quirky gangsters have a definite Guy Ritchie feel to them, but the clever, wordplay laden script is the main star; check out the unexpected way Alice steals the tarts.  3/5.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2394 on: May 31, 2010, 12:24:48 PM »

is that him though?

Yes.

D.S. in DON'T LOOK NOW

D.S. in ANIMAL HOUSE

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2395 on: May 31, 2010, 12:36:20 PM »

that was funny when they showed his butt in animal house, and the girl decides at that moment to go back to the guy her age
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2396 on: May 31, 2010, 03:18:07 PM »

Maximum Overdrive - (1986) 

This was a good boredom-relief movie. It picked me up when I was bored, but if I'm feeling even slightly picky I would not watch it.

It had some good music so it gets rated slightly higher for that. I have not heard AC/DC (they provided the movie's music) outside of this movie and they were good. Not great, but good. However to be fair, I was not focusing on the music and for the most part complete songs were not played.

I LOVED the scene with the soda machine. I also liked the screechy music that sometimes occurred when you knew somebody would be killed. It reminded me of the Psycho shower music.

Plot summary: Most machines all over Earth start killing people and generally rebelling. This includes ATMs, electric knives, pinball machines, and trucks. The trucks are the most prominently featured. A small group of people fight and try to escape and survive.

6.1 out 13 stars 

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Doggett

« Reply #2397 on: June 01, 2010, 07:00:11 AM »

MALICE IN WONDERLAND (2009): Alice loses her memory and enters a psychedelic Wonderland of quirky lowlife London gangsters.  The quirky gangsters have a definite Guy Ritchie feel to them, but the clever, wordplay laden script is the main star; check out the unexpected way Alice steals the tarts.  3/5.

Warning: That film contains traces of Danny Dyer.  Bluesad

3mnkids

« Reply #2398 on: June 01, 2010, 07:45:31 AM »

Warning: That film contains traces of Danny Dyer.  Bluesad

TeddyR  yeah, I tried to watch it a week or so ago and he just.. ugh, ruins it for me. I have tried to like the guy and in a couple of roles he's not bad but overall he's an overrated hack.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:00:02 PM by 3mnkids » Logged

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Doggett

« Reply #2399 on: June 01, 2010, 08:59:26 AM »

Warning: That film contains traces of Danny Dyer.  Bluesad

TeddyR  yeah, I tried to watch it a week or so ago and he just.. ugh, runs it for me. I have tried to like the guy and in a couple of roles he's not bad but overall he's an overrated hack.

He's funny in Doghouse.

And....

Nope.
Doghouse. Thats all.

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.