Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:46:58 PM
714995 Posts in 53117 Topics by 7753 Members
Latest Member: john
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2120572 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3000 on: November 19, 2010, 09:41:46 AM »

Re-Cycle

Its a Thai Alice in Wonderland.
A author who writes romance ha decieded she's going to try a supernatural novel. She soon finds herself taken to a world of the abandoned...
Its a dark labrynth

That pretty much sums up the plot completly.

Like AIW, its style over substance. There not a lot going on other than a lost woman trying to get home from the strange supernatural world she's in bring chased by ghosts and zombies along the way...

3/5

Superman Batman: Worlds finest

Joker is low on cash and steals a Kryptonite dragon from Gotham in the hope that Lex Luthor will pay him a ton of cash for the death of Superman. Batman works this out and goes to Metropolis to help Superman out.

Animtaion is standard, but its a lot of fun !

3.5/5

Splash

A man falles in love with a mysterious beautiful woman but her only has a few day with her as she seem to have a secret...
I'm sure you've all seen this.

Tom Hanks, John Candyand Daryl Hannah make this film work.
Its funny, romantic, charming, sweet...

4/5

Paperhouse

A girl called Anna who draws a house finds herself drwn to it each time she falls unconcious. As she falls ill, she spends more and more time in the houe meeting a boy who can't walk called Marc. At first she thinks that Mark is there because she put him there, but them comes to think that me might be real after all. After a whil, it seems that the Paperhouse is not as safe as it seems...

Anna is a sick girl who needs to try and rest but doesn't want too, Marc is a sick boy who needs to get out and try to walk and he doesn't want too.
I like this a lot, the first film by Bernard Rose who went on to make Candyman is really good.
Its atmospheric, touching and suprisingly scary. A little too scary, I think children were the target audience for this film as there's no swearing, sex or violence but even with out those things its got a 15 cert' just on its scary artmosphere.

Oh, the mum is dubbed and its a little off putting.

4/5

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pilgermann

« Reply #3001 on: November 19, 2010, 12:47:27 PM »

Ghosts of Mars (2001) - I've seen this several times and it's a favorite of mine, so I finally got it on Blu ray.  A group of cops led by Natasha Henstridge are sent to a small mining colony to pick up a well known criminal, played by Ice Cube.  When they arrive, they find that the inhabitants of the colony have been possessed by ghosts and have turned into rejects from a Mad Max movie.  Henstridge and Mr. Cube have to team up to survive.  Lots and lots of shootouts and explosions, and it's all pretty cheesy.  I love the atmosphere of the movie, it's filmed entirely at night and the red surface of Mars is only visible in the lights from the buildings.  And John Carpenter's movies always seem to have great theme music that sort of lurks around in the subwoofer sounding menacing.  Henstridge and Cube do a great job with their characters.  The DVD looked excellent, and I'm not too sure that the Blu ray is much of a noticeable improvement in the video department.  The audio seems to be a step up though, with a great surround mix that's a whole lot more active than what I remember from the DVD.  4.5/5.

I'm glad I'm not the only person out there who enjoyes that movie (although I'm a bit less enthusiastic about it than you, sir).

I watched Chinatown again yesterday.  It's just as excellent and effective as it was the first time I saw it.  A true masterpiece.  10/10  
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:06:26 PM by Pilgermann » Logged

Vik
« Reply #3002 on: November 19, 2010, 01:54:29 PM »

RETURN OF THE STREET FIGHTER (1974): When the title street fighter (Sonny Chiba) refuses to assassinate an innocent man, the mafia unwisely decides to put a hit on him.  Chiba is much closer to a good guy in this one (he doesn't sell anyone into sex slavery or rip anyone's testicles off their body), and the fight scenes are just as elaborate but not as gory and have a deliberate comic element.  These changes may make you like it more or less than the original; I liked it more.  3/5.

I love the Street Fighter movies! But I agree that the original is much better than Return of the street fighter. I'm planning to see Sister streetfighter as well.
Trekkie313
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3003 on: November 19, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »

I bought and watched Highlander: The Animated Movie yesterday. It's just a few of the episodes from the cartoon series edited together and passed off as a movie. Believe it or not its nearly worse than Endgame and The Quickening. To top it off it's nearly as incompetent as the s**tty video game it spawned. http://spoonyexperiment.com/2010/10/19/highlander-last-of-the-macleods/

Connor MacLeod is killed off and the hero Quentin MacLeod never really fights the villain Kortan . Also GUNS ARE EVILLLL!!!

It takes place 200 centuries in the future where Scotland is now partially a desert and everyone sounds bored or stupid. French Canadians shouldn't make cartoons!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3004 on: November 19, 2010, 05:44:36 PM »

RETURN OF THE STREET FIGHTER (1974): When the title street fighter (Sonny Chiba) refuses to assassinate an innocent man, the mafia unwisely decides to put a hit on him.  Chiba is much closer to a good guy in this one (he doesn't sell anyone into sex slavery or rip anyone's testicles off their body), and the fight scenes are just as elaborate but not as gory and have a deliberate comic element.  These changes may make you like it more or less than the original; I liked it more.  3/5.

I love the Street Fighter movies! But I agree that the original is much better than Return of the street fighter. I'm planning to see Sister streetfighter as well.

Actually (I was unclear) I liked RETURN more, and I'm sure I'm in the minority on that.  Most people who liked the original will like the sequel less.  One of my problems with the original is Chiba was such a dick that I was rooting for the guy whose sister he sold into slavery to kill him at the end.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #3005 on: November 20, 2010, 02:14:06 AM »

Curtains (1983)

Above average Canadian slasher about a director casting female leads for his upcoming new movie. Nice snowbound rural setting, creepy killer with old-hag mask and Samantha Eggar stealing scenes as usual. Too bad this never got a decent DVD release. 4.5/5
Jim H

« Reply #3006 on: November 20, 2010, 03:34:05 AM »

Actually (I was unclear) I liked RETURN more, and I'm sure I'm in the minority on that.  Most people who liked the original will like the sequel less.  One of my problems with the original is Chiba was such a dick that I was rooting for the guy whose sister he sold into slavery to kill him at the end.   

I'd say I liked them about equally.  I did find the ending fight in the second more satisfying, with Chiba killing like a million people.  But overall pretty equal.  Also, the guitar riff to the theme of both films is classic.

I just saw 2000 Maniacs.  Only my second HG Lewis film.  I have to say this one was not nearly as good as the other one I saw, The Gore Gore Girls.  I did like some of the humor, and it's interesting from a historical point of view, but a lot of the film is dull even for the type.  It also has one of the most unforgivable sings: poorly recorded audio.  I'll give it a point extra for the title tune.  6/10, just barely.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3007 on: November 20, 2010, 01:06:35 PM »

Sadomaster (2009) - I don't know exactly what to call something like this but it would be something like "arch-bottom of the barrel". I don't mean in a cool way I mean in a bad way. If you thought what Plan 9 was missing was dumb fake gore check this out.

I was relatively on board for the plot: Argentina has been taken over by nazis. They do so in the name of security but they are the ones secretely having the goons everywhere so they can have a reason to get people to accept the nazi ness.

The director is in denial about the budget, he wants us to imagine the scenes look more impressive than they do, but we don't do this for him. There is a cute reporter on tv, but we don't get to see more of her and the rest of the movie is all guys. Mainly doing bad karate, wearing bad bondage outfits, and shooting and pulling fake intestines from each other in a disorganized manner.

Don't rent this. It's not very good. The extra was an actually pretty good punk video by some band called vendettetes or something I can't remember. It's in spanish and the subtitles drop out all the time. edit: It is also apparently the lowest rated movie on netflix instant.

2/5

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:42:05 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3008 on: November 20, 2010, 08:13:50 PM »

last night I watched DAMNED BEFORE DAWN.  It was a moderately interesting movie about a British/Scottish/Irish (it was really hard to tell exactly what the accent was) family haunted by a banshee.  I think it was actually better than I gave it credit for at the time; I was really sleepy and caught myself fast forwarding in places to the next action scene.  Some pretty good "ghosts splattered on the windshield" moments.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #3009 on: November 21, 2010, 01:25:59 AM »

Toy Story 3 (2010)

I'm still in awe. Such a fine entertaining movie not only for kids. Loved it. It's the kind of movie made for Blu-ray so if you are HD ready, check it out! 10/5.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3010 on: November 21, 2010, 07:18:03 AM »

Deep Rising (1998) - Sea monsters kill everybody on an ocean liner, and then Treat Williams and Famke Janssen and their cohorts have to find a way off the ship before they become monster chow as well.  Fun, entertaining movie with likable characters.  It's got a good sense of humor to it.  For a 45 million dollar Hollywood movie, the DVD is crap.  Picture quality is grainy throughout, I've got several SyFy Channel original movies on DVD and they look like Blu rays compared to this.  Audio was appropriately bombastic when required.  4/5.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 07:28:53 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Starsky
Bad Movie Lover

you play a good game, boy!

« Reply #3011 on: November 21, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »

soon gona abuse this thread since im currently watching old dvds to see if i will get rid of them

next up: Lunatics with ted raimi

Lunatics sucked. To weird. No Story to be found after 30 minutes just weird crap and a once in a while campbell apperance...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:49:38 PM by Starsky » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3012 on: November 21, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »

TRASH HUMPERS (2010): A gang of rednecks in wrinkled masks that make them look like escapees from a nursing home for the criminally insane engage in random acts of vandalism in empty suburbs. A dull, pretentious slog through the rubbish: your bourgeois sensibilities may or may not be offended, but they'll almost certainly be bored. 1/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3013 on: November 22, 2010, 11:44:14 AM »

Dementia  (1955) - this wasn't perfect but I really enjoyed it. It was kind of like Carnival of Souls crossed with Ed Wood or something. It has the ridiculous narrorator intoning stuff but also had some really inspired camera work and was pretty well fascinating and not too long either only an hour or so. caught on TCM. aka Daughter of Horror

4.5/5
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 02:30:50 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Jim H

« Reply #3014 on: November 22, 2010, 02:16:21 PM »

I just bought a 4 pack of what I think are all Brain Damage films.  Last night I watched The Vampire Conspiracy.

Basic plot is kind of like Cube only with a bunch of interrelated people forced into a maze by a vampire, who sends his pack of blood slaves after them to keep them moving.  Supposedly if they make it out alive they get rich.

Definitely micro-budgeted.  However, unlike the last micro budgeted film I watched, this one had good quality audio.  That's the one thing I can't stand in even ultra cheap films, unintelligible dialog.  But, as far as the film...  The writer/director of this one really aimed high.  He tries to construct a complicated plotline, with some twists and character revelations throughout.  Unfortunately, the writing is just not that good.  There are a number of times where a character says something, and another character responds as if they'd asked a different question.  Felt like the writer really needed a second opinion, to tell him there were times when a response only made sense if you understood the plot already. 

The acting is also a mixed bag, generally landing on the bad side of the mix.  The geography of the maze is also impossible to understand, and unlike Cube it's not interesting looking.  The lighting is dull and flat and ugly - I suspect this was intentional, but I didn't care for it.  In general, editing and shooting was otherwise competent.  There are also action scenes where the characters fight the blood slaves, and these were fairly well-handled - certainly better than most film of its ilk. 

On the whole, I was not impressed.  But, I think the director has future potential.  4/10.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.