Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:48:17 PM
714968 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7751 Members
Latest Member: ilovemyself2oo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2120347 times)
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4215 on: October 06, 2011, 09:35:56 PM »

This is a classic and dare I say the first ever action movie? Not sure about that, but Seven Samuari is easily one of the most influential movies ever made and one of the best.

5/5

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Vik
« Reply #4216 on: October 07, 2011, 03:12:11 AM »

Wizards
I dug it. Loved the trippy ending.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4217 on: October 07, 2011, 07:33:58 AM »

"Scream 4"
Small | Large

Sidney, Gail, and Dewey are back, along with a whole new set of good lookin' teenyboppers/potential victims, for yet another round of brutal stabbings and biting sarcasm.

Unnecessary, but enjoyable sequel.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Vik
« Reply #4218 on: October 07, 2011, 12:34:46 PM »

Phantasm
Pretty weird, which I guess was the point. Not bad.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4219 on: October 07, 2011, 02:52:55 PM »

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4220 on: October 07, 2011, 06:21:15 PM »

Phantasm

I love the Phantasm series. You should keep going. It gets weirder and the plot elements get progressively more ridiculous. The Phantasm movies, for me at least, are a great combination of being bad movies with plenty to make fun of, yet also have some cool atmospheric elements, and of course, Angus Scrimm, which is worth the watch alone.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Vik
« Reply #4221 on: October 08, 2011, 03:34:10 AM »

Phantasm

I love the Phantasm series. You should keep going. It gets weirder and the plot elements get progressively more ridiculous. The Phantasm movies, for me at least, are a great combination of being bad movies with plenty to make fun of, yet also have some cool atmospheric elements, and of course, Angus Scrimm, which is worth the watch alone.
I didn't know there were any sequels, I'll definitely check them out  Wink
Vik
« Reply #4222 on: October 08, 2011, 07:21:12 AM »

Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride
Awesome documentary on Hunter S. Thompson.  Thumbup
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4223 on: October 08, 2011, 09:42:41 AM »

Rev- The Baby was kind of the Happiness or Sleepaway Camp of it's day. It's revolting and that's the point. Amazing that it has a PG rating.

Jim H- I know what you mean about 9th configuration but I ended up really enjoying it.

Until When.. (2004)- This is a pretty typical low budget documentary about Palestinians. There's a loose theme about the "right of return" (for Palestinian refugees in neighboring countries to be able to come home) but mainly it's just talking with various normal seeming (non Hamas or political type people) Palestinians about their lives. It's sad because for whatever reason, whoever you blame, these people are kind of left to hang. They will have a job that takes 20 minutes to get to, then one day the Israelis will say the road can only be used by Israelis and now they have to take some other road that takes like 2 hours. They also talk about how they used to live in nice villages with trees but now they have to live in these ugly walled off areas. People talk about the Israel-Palestinian conflict in symbols and stuff, these people don't really exist or people kind of wish they didn't it seems. They are like inconvenient.

It's slight but interesting. 4/5

Countryman (1982) - This is the kind of movie thats a little too poorly paced and amateurish to quite reccomend but it's very colorful and authentic, kind of the same feeling I had about Paul Morrisey's Mixed Blood. Mixed Blood took place in 80's NYC, this one in Jamaica. The plot is not all that strong, two white people incluiding a hot girl are on the run from the corrupt Jamaican authorities for some reason. Countryman, who is a fisherman with some crazy mystical vibe/ powers, helps them.  Basically, the stuff with him in it is good, the scenes with the authorities are boring. I enjoyed it but I have had less time to see movies lately and so I felt the faults a little more than usual.

3.75 /5
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:48:52 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4224 on: October 08, 2011, 11:52:23 AM »

Rev- The Baby was kind of the Happiness or Sleepaway Camp of it's day. It's revolting and that's the point. Amazing that it has a PG rating.

I know it has its strong defenders but I don't really get it.  Revolting?  There are a few strong scenes nothing up to grindhouse standards.  But as far as rating goes, yeah, it probably should have been "R."  In 1973 the "PG" rating had only been in existence for 1 year and I guess they weren't really sure how they were going to use it yet.  There's no nudity and only implied sex, but there is violence and cruelty.  I someone smokes a cigarette in it, so it would probably get a NC-17 today. 

MST3K: THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS: Someone pushes a button (offscreen) and things happen in Coleman Francis' mind-numbing sci-fi epic starring Tor Johnson as the Beast ("that's just smart casting," Mike observes).  Probably about what you would expect; the movie doesn't give them a lot to work with so there are lots of generic "this movie sucks" jokes.  There are two shorts: a spendthrift teen boy gets a lesson in money management from Ben Franklin, and the Puerto Rico tourist board tries to get people interested in the "Island of Progress, USA."  Back in the lab the mads are campaigning for "Proposition Deep 13," which apparently involves showing bad movies to hostages in space.  The Shout! Factory DVD contains two extras: "No Dialog Necessary: Making an Off-Camera Masterpiece" and "Coleman Francis: The Cinematic Poet of Parking," which are definitely worth watching to gain some insight into poor Coleman Francis.  With the extras this disc is easily 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4225 on: October 08, 2011, 06:36:06 PM »

I just finished this.....and honestly don't know what to make of it

Question

if the whole movie was supposed to be about the twist at the end it works on some levels but doesn't on others

3/5???

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4226 on: October 08, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »

Inception: I finally sat down and watch this thing (I had the DVD since Christmas, what was my problem?).  It was incredible and so fasincating.  I loved listening to everyone talk and trying to figure out all the things going on, even before they explain it themselves.  While it is a bit talky, I didn't mind it since it was so much fun to listen to them explain their world.  Like Paprika, I am going to have to watch it a few more times, however, to get every single detail down.  Regardless, I loved this movie and I am sort of disappointed with myself about not seeing it sooner.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4227 on: October 09, 2011, 04:07:44 AM »

Quiet Cool (1986)

James Remar is a NY cop who travels to some woodland village to help a woman and kid who's family have been killed by guys growing marijuana. That's about it for the plot, which is just my assumption of what was going on as nothing is properly explained because there's barely any dialogue in the whole film and all the scenes are extremely rushed. There's zero character development and I got the impression the screenplay was written in about 5mins. I was very disappointed with Quiet Cool. Two or three decent actions sequences and a great theme song by Joe Lamont make this a 2/5.

Vik
« Reply #4228 on: October 09, 2011, 04:12:56 AM »

Phantasm 2
Maybe I was in the mood, but I liked it better than the first one. Weird, entertaining movie. The scene with the chick rubbing the bald head probably creeped me out more than anything else.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:23:07 AM by Pillow » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4229 on: October 09, 2011, 09:07:15 AM »

TO DIE LIKE A MAN (2010): A pre-op transsexual drag queen lives with a suicidal junkie.  There's an interesting story here but it's buried underneath an unnecessary gimmick: all the characters mouth their lines but no sound comes out (we read their words in subtitles).  This alienating device robs the actors of half their expressiveness and is more annoying than it sounds.  2/5. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.