Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 03:28:26 AM
714971 Posts in 53115 Topics by 7751 Members
Latest Member: ilovemyself2oo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2120445 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8145 on: November 05, 2014, 08:13:38 AM »

Mine Games (2012) - some college kids go to a cabin out in the woods, and then they find an abandoned mine nearby so they have to explore that. There's some supernatural mumbo jumbo going on; the actress who explains most of it has such a thick accent I could barely understand anything she said. Kind of a cool plot actually, though you'll have to wait until you're halfway through the movie before that even starts. Problem is the characters - they're the most non-developed nobodies imaginable. When your most notable character is a drunken party guy, you've got problems. Still, the blond chick was pretty cute. 2.5/5 - assuming you don't turn it off before the plot even starts.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8146 on: November 05, 2014, 09:59:46 AM »

Plan 9 from Outer Space (1959) - watched the colorized Blu ray version (hope I didn't dilute the creator's artistic intentions). Ah what can you say, hilarious sets, terrible acting, supremely stupid plot. Stupid, stupid humans!!! 3/5.

So hard to rate: you could give it 5/5 or 1/5 and I would totally understand either score. I see you split the difference.

THE WIZARD OF GORE (1970): Montag the Magician runs a grand guignol act where he appears to chop volunteers up onstage before viewers' eyes; they return to their seats unharmed, but then die of the same injuries later that night. Incompetently made as a vehicle for cheesy gore set pieces (decapitation, drill press through torso, etc.). Even H.G. Lewis fans usually don't talk this one up much. 1.5/5.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:26:56 AM by Rev. Powell » Logged

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8147 on: November 05, 2014, 11:16:45 AM »

"Carrie" (2013)
Carrie (2013) - Trailer #1 : Chloe Moretz and Julianne Moore

The 21st century update of the Stephen King story still packs a decent punch.  Chloe Grace Moretz is great as the troubled telekinetic teen, and Julianne Moore's portrayal of Carrie's religious nut Mom is even scarier than Piper Laurie's take on the same character in the 1976 version.
A lot of remakes suck but this one was actually pretty damn good.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #8148 on: November 06, 2014, 05:54:00 AM »

Speaking of remakes, I just saw the Evil Dead (2013).  Not bad, about on par or maybe a bit better than the original (of course, nowhere near the awesomeness of Part II).

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8149 on: November 06, 2014, 08:17:16 AM »

"Bait" (aka "Bait 3D," 2012)
Bait 3D Official Red Band Trailer #1 (2012) - Shark Movie HD

A far-fetched but fun Aussie thriller that combines the disaster-film and creature-feature genres. A massive tidal wave traps a group of people inside a flooded supermarket, and if that didn't suck enough, there's a hungry Great White shark in the store with them. Watery, toothy mayhem ensues as the shoppers try to plot their escape without becoming Shark Chow. A solid B-Movie!

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8150 on: November 06, 2014, 03:14:12 PM »

"Arachnoquake" (2012)
Arachnoquake Official Trailer (2012)

An earthquake caused by natural gas "fracking" unleashes a horde of giant, subterranean fire breathing spiders (yes, really) that descend on New Orleans, and it's up to Tracey "Carol Seaver from Growing Pains" Gold to stop them. Yet another cheesily charming tongue-in-cheek SyFy movie from the director of the far superior "Ghost Shark."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 10:55:40 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #8151 on: November 06, 2014, 10:59:17 PM »

"Triple Dog" (2010)

Triple Dog Trailer

A gang of slumber partying teen girls play a "Truth or Dare" style game that gets quickly out of hand. The trailer makes this one look like a horror/thriller, but it's just a disappointingly girly drama, worthy of the Lifetime network. Nice performances by the young cast 'n all, it's just not "my" kind of movie.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8152 on: November 07, 2014, 08:14:16 AM »

Insidious 2 - There's a lot to like about this sequel but man it is really monotonous and oppressive. Every scene is the same, it's like the last 15 minutes of the last movie for an hour and a half. I liked the new character of the other ghost hunter guy and the two assistants provide some badly needed comedy relief but the overall effect was of just too much tension and not enough ...everything else.  3/5
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8153 on: November 07, 2014, 08:27:14 AM »

Creepozoids (1987) - watched this for about the sixth time. A group of post-apocalyptic military deserters (including Linnea Quigley who can't seem to keep her clothes on) take shelter in a large building, but of course there's a Creepozoid running around, along with some rat puppets that the actors hold up to themselves to simulate attacks lol. Pretty enjoyable cheesy nonsense, except for the "climax" which drags on way too long and put me sound asleep. 3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8154 on: November 07, 2014, 10:49:23 PM »

Let's see . . . this week I watched:

GLADIATOR with my world history class - a gorgeously done, if highly fictionalized, slice of ancient Roman politics, love, and revenge, dished out by Russell Crowe at his most Russell Crowish.  LOVE this movie!!

THE CROSSING with my U.S. History class - Jeff Daniels plays a very credible George Washington, trying to turn the tide of the Revolutionary War as his army disintegrates around him.  A remarkable supporting role by one of my favorite character actors, Sebastian Roche. Great American history film, and one of the more accurate movies ever made about the Revolution.

NEVERLAKE - a glacially paced Italian horror film about a lake full of idols, a hospital full of crippled children, a doctor with a deadly secret, and a naïve 16 year old daughter trying to find out what it is.  Tolerable if you are patient, but don't go into it looking for blood, gore, or boobs.

SEE NO EVIL 2 - Some huge WWE dude is back as a huge serial killer, warped by a sadistic fundamentalist mom, slaughtering his way through a group of twentysomethings who are trying to hold a birthday party in the County Morgue.  He goes through them like a buzzsaw and there are no survivors. Somewhat tedious, with some decent kills.

MALEFICENT - The other side of the story of Sleeping Beauty, from the perspective of the "evil" fairy who cursed her.  This was a lot better than I expected it to be, and my wife and I both enjoyed it immensely.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #8155 on: November 09, 2014, 08:55:07 AM »

Hot T-Shirts (1980)

Two guys own a Bar, but for some reason its not making any money. One day they decide to spice up things by holding wet t-shirt contests. Business is suddenly blooming but a group of enraged citizens are picketing the event.
Low brow comedy from the legendary Cannon Group studios. This was very low budget with a sorry excuse for a plot. It's all about girls in wet shirts flashing boobs while dancing to disco music. None of the characters stood out except for former Penthouse Pet Corinne Alphen who only had a minor part

She's very charismatic and radiant, making the rest of the cast appear dull by default. What else did Hot T-Shirts had to offer? Not much: cheerleader practice scene, guys at school forcefully holding and putting water on female students (that would be a lawsuit these days), one lame attempt at slapstick (barroom brawl) and one detective dressed like John Travolta's Saturday Night Fever character. 2.75/5
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8156 on: November 09, 2014, 09:21:20 AM »

Last night I watched LEPRECHAUN: ORIGINS - a group of American college students are traveling though the Irish countryside.  One of them is a history major and is interested in ancient Celtic artifacts; they come to a tiny, out of the way village where they are told of a remarkable set of relics near a local cave.  A helpful local offers to guide them to a cabin where they can spend the night and make the seven hour hike to the cave the next day.  They agree, but then they find themselves locked in the cabin, pursued by a hideous "little person" that seems intent on taking their lives.
    Definitely not an installment in the traditional franchise, this one is pretty good overall.  The weakness was the characters - they were totally one dimensional.  But the leprechaun was cool and the kills appropriately gruesome.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8157 on: November 09, 2014, 05:55:26 PM »

Wind Chill - prod. by George Clooney aka the Cloonmeister. Great acting, intriguing story too bad it's not the slightest bit scary. That's it. It appears no one involved had any experience making horror films 2/5
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8158 on: November 10, 2014, 01:07:51 AM »

John Carter: I got through ten minutes of it and switched it off.  Twirling

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws
« Reply #8159 on: November 10, 2014, 02:39:27 AM »

Twirl (1981)

Young women from all over the country gather in a small Texas town for the Miss Twirl, U.S.A. competition. Two local girls, Bonnie Lee and Jill, best friends since forever are also competing but their parents turn them into rivals.
Girls (Heather Locklear and Jamie Rose in early roles) in skimpy outfits twirling batons - this made for TV movie wasn't too bad actually. Erin Moran who plays 17 year old Bonnie Lee was actually 21 years old during the shoot, but looks like 31. Tough sell when she was hugging her father lol. Besides that you'll get a slutty mom with alcohol problems sleeping with one of the judges, a father pushing his daughter to the limits, a secretly pregnant majorette loosing her unborn child during twirling practice, majorette making out in van and girls singing Hall & Oates "Kiss on my List". 4/5
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.