Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 04:45:07 AM
715423 Posts in 53137 Topics by 7761 Members
Latest Member: Artisanhme
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Starting a magazine « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Starting a magazine  (Read 903 times)
Shane Altmann
« on: August 25, 2003, 08:13:15 AM »

Hey folks, I just need your opinion on something! I'm about to start a [BAD] magazine, and whilst it isn't dedicated to film or any film gendre, you can bet your ass there will be a spice of hollywood in there. The adult monthly gore-fest will include rare journalistic photos and stories, "shockumentary" previews and reviews, and in most of your cases fictional horror/splatter features. For anyone interested I'm open to questions, suggestions and ideas.

It's name [Real Death Magazine] is pretty solid to being the name we're going to use, but maybe you could offer what you would call a magazine of such nature and allow; or disallow me to take the use of it into consideration!

What are your thoughts?!

Thanks in advance,
- Shane Altmann
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2003, 01:53:34 PM »

Sounds like Fangoria.
NEC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2003, 09:34:56 PM »

I think you should just do a website. It'll save you some money.

Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 01:26:29 AM »

I think the name sounds groovy, and I like the premise.  As ASH said, sort of Fango-ish, but with a broader spectrum than just film.
I write for a website called The Brotherhood of Bad Movies, which is currently stuck in domain provider limbo for some reason we can't figure out, but it's still accessible via bbm.monoperative.net.  If you're looking for writers and you're interested, spin me an e-mail.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Steven Millan
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2003, 02:42:29 AM »

I wish you the best of luck,Shane,for it's pretty tough these days to start up a magazine: I've tried,and it's not only very expensive,but the magazine scene is pretty much dead these days.
                  As for starting up a website,it's pretty hard to do that in itself,from finding an affordable web hosting company(to put the site on-line),to grabbing folks for an interview(it takes weeks for you to hear from them,if not at all,lemme tell ya).
                   Otherwise,best of luck,Shane.
Shane Altmann
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2003, 05:59:32 AM »

Thanks for the replies! I'll definitely speak with you in the near future Ragnarok. I guess I'll give some extra responces to the feedback.

Ash the Cat: Fangoria is great! But we'll be taking an [extra] step into the [real] gorey reality of the third rock.

NEC: Hey, it might not get published locally. I've already purchased and mastered some of the top digital imaging, page building and office programmes over the last couple of years.

Brother Ragnarok: Thanks for the comments. Once again, I'll get back to you. :)

Steve Millan: I've already got some great hosting deals sorted out! I know what you mean by the magazine scene being a bit dull these days. Hopefully I can bring a little bit of light to it.

Ciao,
 - Shane Altmann
gammaray117
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2003, 10:06:53 PM »

This might seem self-centered on my part, but use my list of best action sequences for a cover story sometime. Include pictures and a little summary for each one. Don't take all the credit, though.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Starting a magazine « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.