Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 10:23:48 PM
715336 Posts in 53131 Topics by 7758 Members
Latest Member: Augustxlj
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 130
Author Topic: Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About  (Read 490116 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1590 on: September 10, 2019, 07:53:44 PM »

If moisture farming is such a popular line of work on Tatooine, then shouldn't the climate be overwhelmingly humid?

Only near the wrinkly folds of Jabba the Hutt's skin.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1591 on: September 10, 2019, 08:03:40 PM »

It's been overwhelmingly humid here in NJ... 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1592 on: September 10, 2019, 10:56:17 PM »

Tottooine is so arid it takes a lot of vaporators over a large area to make moisture farming work. Also I would. Imagine a good spot would be in an area with good airflow and wind patterns to bring in what little humidity exists there.

Kind of odd that as easy as space travel is in star wars and how large ships can be no. One is importing water from cometary ice abd outer worlds in the system.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1593 on: September 11, 2019, 03:14:27 AM »

^ I wouldn't get technical about Star Wars- I mean, half that film should be silent, being you can't hear lasers and explosions in space...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1594 on: September 11, 2019, 03:22:46 AM »

It's been overwhelmingly humid here in NJ... 

In Pretoria too and it's supposed to be spring.  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1595 on: September 11, 2019, 10:30:33 AM »

^ I wouldn't get technical about Star Wars- I mean, half that film should be silent, being you can't hear lasers and explosions in space...
Yeh really.  Plus, they're sh!t.   TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1596 on: September 11, 2019, 11:28:22 AM »

Whenever I see Star Wars I think of how there was on some distant planet born a baby boy who grew up hiking the fields of his hometown, played with friends, learned to ride his zero gravity bike, lost his first tooth, played vacciball on the school team, had a pet rivnak who played fetch with him, he had a crush on a girl from Bat'kr, he made middling grades in high school and couldn't afford college, so he worked dead end jobs, got married and when his first kid was on the way he said you know I'm going to give this child a better life than I had, so he signed up for four years in the army to learn some skills, get college paid for, and he wrote his wife every day, sent his paychecks home, missed his family and reverse counted the days til his leave, and one day he was lying in his bunk when an intruder alert sounded while he was writing his dad a letter, and he grabbed his helmet and blaster and rushed down the corridor of his base, hoping this would be resolved fast so he could finish his letter, and bam, Han Solo shot him in the chest and he died.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1597 on: September 11, 2019, 11:43:48 AM »

Whenever I see Star Wars I think of how there was on some distant planet born a baby boy who grew up hiking the fields of his hometown, played with friends, learned to ride his zero gravity bike, lost his first tooth, played vacciball on the school team, had a pet rivnak who played fetch with him, he had a crush on a girl from Bat'kr, he made middling grades in high school and couldn't afford college, so he worked dead end jobs, got married and when his first kid was on the way he said you know I'm going to give this child a better life than I had, so he signed up for four years in the army to learn some skills, get college paid for, and he wrote his wife every day, sent his paychecks home, missed his family and reverse counted the days til his leave, and one day he was lying in his bunk when an intruder alert sounded while he was writing his dad a letter, and he grabbed his helmet and blaster and rushed down the corridor of his base, hoping this would be resolved fast so he could finish his letter, and bam, Han Solo shot him in the chest and he died.
Makes me wonder where they got those haughty-toity officer class from...

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1598 on: September 11, 2019, 01:02:40 PM »

Two things about that. 

ONE the audience would not accept a "silent" dogfight. Lucas researched it and found people liked the loud dog fights.

Two the ships sensors gathered data from the  area and created a virtual sound environment to aid the pilot in maintaining 3D situational awareness.

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1599 on: September 11, 2019, 01:08:50 PM »

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1600 on: September 11, 2019, 06:59:16 PM »

One of my students thought he would troll me by wearing a "TRUMP 2020" hat to class today.

He's like: "Hey Mr. Smith, look at this!"
I said:  "You are entitled to support whoever you want politically and express that however you like; that's the beauty of our system.  However, you cannot wear hats in the classroom no matter WHAT is printed on them!"

Everybody had a good laugh.
Troll attempt: FAIL.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1601 on: September 11, 2019, 09:23:42 PM »

Two things about that. 

ONE the audience would not accept a "silent" dogfight. Lucas researched it and found people liked the loud dog fights.

Two the ships sensors gathered data from the  area and created a virtual sound environment to aid the pilot in maintaining 3D situational awareness.

So why get tech on it when in reality it's just a big budget version of FLASH GORDON serial and accept the fact it's not hard sc-fi and just high tech pablum ? That's like making excuses for any stupid movie to make up s**t for the sake of money. I NEVER go into a sci-fi movie thinking -"well-lets nit-pik at the science." Where's the fun in that?
 And that I can dig. Honest bulls**t.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1602 on: September 11, 2019, 09:30:29 PM »

My cousin, who went on to have serious addiction problems, used to love to spin around and around when we were young hanging out at our grandparents' house, and she liked that feeling of falling over dizzy with the world turning around her, but when she'd talk me into trying, I'd just feel sick afterward, and in fact it can make me feel queasy remembering doing that. Shrug, just was thinking about that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 09:44:21 PM by ER » Logged

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1603 on: September 12, 2019, 04:49:40 AM »

I kinda hope your cousin beat  her  addiction issues. I've got some.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Poo Person
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1604 on: September 12, 2019, 06:27:10 AM »

One of my students thought he would troll me by wearing a "TRUMP 2020" hat to class today.

He's like: "Hey Mr. Smith, look at this!"
I said:  "You are entitled to support whoever you want politically and express that however you like; that's the beauty of our system.  However, you cannot wear hats in the classroom no matter WHAT is printed on them!"

Everybody had a good laugh.
Troll attempt: FAIL.

TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 130
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Make A Random Statement About Something Nobody Should Care About « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.