Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 11:23:03 AM
714692 Posts in 53102 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  VHS tapes that will never be on DVD... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Author Topic: VHS tapes that will never be on DVD...  (Read 106092 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #135 on: October 22, 2009, 07:26:33 PM »

The uncut ver. of Gamera vs. Guiron. I have the old vhs tape and it's longer and has lots of blood in it.

New DVD Example ... Guiron fights Space Gyaos when the kids first crash land. Guiron deflects Space Gyaos lasers, hits Space Gyaos leg then Space Gyaos flys away with 1 leg, end of fight.

Old VHS Example ... The fight is much better imo, starts out the same but after Gyaos leg is cut off, Guiron jumps at Gyaos and cuts off his wing, lots of blood, then Guiron walks up to the injured Gyaos and cuts of the head! wait, now it gets good. The kids from Earth just watch in horror as Guiron cuts up Gyaos in 3 parts! blood everywhere, Guiron picks up some of the slop and smells it then throws it away like it stinks.

No joke my vhs tape has all that on it, and it's in English.

Is the DVD version called Attack of the Monsters? If so thats the old AIP dubbed version, the vs VHS is the Sandy Frank dubbed version, worse dubbing but less editing.

I'd like to see the MST3K Gamera's on DVD but I heard that Sandy Frank wants too much money for them. apparently hes p**sed at the show for making fun of him personally, the guy cant take a joke.

As I hear, Sandy Frank no longer holds the rights to the Gamera dubs.  The holdup apparently is the Japanese, who don't believe in tarnishing the image of their kaiju franchises (at least not unless their paid more money than niche DVD producers can afford to pay).  It appears that the Godzilla MST3K's may never be released, but the Gamera ones are merely unlikely. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
justin
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2009, 11:06:05 AM »

I wish these 3 bad classics would get a DVD release.

1. NO HOLDS BARRED - the Hulk Hogan wrestling masterpiece.  TongueOut

2. NEVER TOO YOUNG TO DIE - the 1986 action flick with Gene Simmons as a hermaphrodite & John Stamos (with a mullet) as the hero.

3. LETHAL WOMAN - A rip-off of 'The Most Dangerous Game' where men can have their fantasies fulfilled at this island but end up getting hunted by these women who have been raped/attacked by men. A low budget action flick from 1989 starring a young Shannon Tweed (yes, she gets naked).   Thumbup
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2009, 03:24:37 PM »

OnsTrots
« Reply #138 on: May 14, 2010, 05:54:37 PM »

Didn't see anyone else mention it and don't know if it's a bootleg or not, but relatively recently a Region 2 version of Nukie went up in South Africa on SA sites kalahari and take 2. I got my copy the same day as Razor Sharpe and Mr Hell. It was a good day. 

Oh and I'm pining for a Deadly Prey dvd release as well. And a proper (with subtitles) Shaitani Dracula release. I want to know what Dracula-on-safari was actually saying...
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2010, 08:12:54 PM »

There's too many pages to sift through because I'm at work and I don't have the time, but I hope nobody's mentioned these already..

Student Bodies
Nightmare At Shadow Woods
Cherry Hill High
Scream (1983)
Dreamaniac
Rana: Legend Of Shadow Lake
Spasms
To All A Goodnight
Lunch Wagon

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2010, 11:40:51 PM »

I did not see these two titles:

Cybernator

Shadowzone

Soul Taker

Murdercycle

and

R.O.T.O.R.

I will add pictures later.

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2010, 12:13:57 PM »

There's too many pages to sift through because I'm at work and I don't have the time, but I hope nobody's mentioned these already..

Student Bodies
Nightmare At Shadow Woods
Cherry Hill High
Scream (1983)
Dreamaniac
Rana: Legend Of Shadow Lake
Spasms
To All A Goodnight
Lunch Wagon

You can get some if not all of these from online DVD-R sources who have imported them from other countries.  Try websites like Cinema de Bizarre and Video Search of Miami.  I have seen Cherry Hill High and Spasms on sites like these very recently.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2010, 12:19:52 PM »

"F... AND LOTS OF IT" is on DVD.  I imagine many of the others are available in unsanctioned versions; SPERMULA certainly is.

A CLOCKWORK BANANA, SPERMULA, CHATTERBOX are available on DVD-R from Cinema de Bizarre and other online sources.  Coincidentally, my copy of CHATTERBOX just arrived in the mail, along with THE LEGEND OF BLOOD CASTLE, COLLEGE DORMITORY, A CANDLE FOR THE DEVIL, NEW YORK CALLING SUPERDRAGON, MAMA'S DIRTY GIRLS, and BLOOD CEREMONY.  Another good source is Video Search of Miami.  Stumpy Disks also has a website with tons of this kind of stuff . . . but my first experience with Stumpy Disks has been rough and I'm still trying to get the movies I ordered 6 weeks ago.  Apparently, the guy who runs the website is on vacation in Europe until next week.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
The Burgomaster

« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »

You might as well also add 95% of the sword-and-sandal and historical epics ever made, at least in R1.  This genre gets no respect here for some reason.  This despite the fact a lot of these movies have been released in R2.  Yet not even the usual peddlers of ports seem to care, releasing instead inferior quality FS boots of Nth gen VHS dubs.

Hercules Unchained
Colossos and the Amazon Women
Vulcan, Son of Jupiter
War of the Zombies
Sins of Rome
Theodora, Slave Empress
Gold of the Caesars
Revolt of the Slaves
Romulus & Remus
The Seven Magnificent Gladiators (Lou Ferrigno)
Rape of the Sabines (Romulus & the Sabine Women)
Shame of the Sabine Women
Seven Slaves Against the World
Spartacus and the 10 Gladiators
Slaves of Babylon
The Loves of Salammbo
Cleopatra's Daughter
Siren of the Nile
&tc

But at least some of the above have had shady bootleg quality releases.  The sexy peplums seem to be totally awol in R1. .

Quo Goddess
Caligula, The Untold Story
Nero and Poppea (Neron y Popea)
Caligula et Messalina
Messalina, Messalina
Caligula's Slaves
Helen, yes. . . Helen of Troy
&tc

Sword-and-sorcery/barbarian movies aren't treated much better.  The following are AWOL in R1 last I checked:

Throne of Fire
The Invincible Barbarian
The Barbarians
Sorceress (1982)
Ator, The Fighting Eagle
Ator 2
Iron Warrior (Ator 3)
Warriors of the Lost Kingdom 1 & 2
Deathstalker 3
Archer & the Sorceress
Hearts & Armor
Hundra*
Battle of the Amazons*
Amazons Against Supermen*
Stormquest

(*) Is a movie really released if not a single brick and mortar store ever carried it or could special order it before it got listed as being OOP by it's niche label?

And, possibly due to world evens, the entire genre of Arabian Fantasy seems to be unrepresented on DVD.  I say "seems" because you can often find some of these movies in collections or special release sets that collect movies for certain actors.  So I'm not even sure which are and aren't available on DVD.

HERCULES UNCHAINED (and maybe a few of the others you mentioned) are in Mill Creek's WARRIORS 50 Movie Pack.  I have this set.  Not great quality (full screen and the color is somewhat washed out) but available if you really want some of these movies.

The Burgomaster

« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2010, 12:29:13 PM »

Blood Beach: I just heard of this movie and now I can't get it out of my head.  I really want to see what this one is about and I'm sort of being forced to use YouTube to see it as my last option.  A movie about a killer beach?  That just grabs my attention.  Yeah someone mentioned it earlier, but I think it should be noted that someone else is curious about it.

You can get a DVD-R copy online.  I've seen it on some sites within the last week or two.

Raffine

« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2010, 07:13:59 PM »

Coincidentally, my copy of CHATTERBOX just arrived in the mail

I've always wanted to see CHATTERBOX, if only to hear Virginia sing the hit song Wang Dang Doodle.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2010, 07:20:19 PM »

Roboman, "The kill machine with the megaton mind". It's apparently so archaic that I can't even find a picture of the box in any search.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2010, 09:20:51 PM »

You can get some if not all of these from online DVD-R sources who have imported them from other countries.  Try websites like Cinema de Bizarre and Video Search of Miami.  I have seen Cherry Hill High and Spasms on sites like these very recently.

Wow.. that's just.. sad.  Wink

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2010, 09:30:17 AM »

I can think of a few..

The Lonely Lady
Death Drug
The Vals
The Sex Machine
Screwball Hotel
Off the Wall
Rush
Fighting Mad
Household Saints
Equalizer 2000

Does anyone know who owns the rights to the entire Paragon Video collection? I thought that those movies would make a great catalog to restore to DVD. I can't think of any of there titles that have been remastered and they have a TON of great-bad movies.

Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #149 on: June 18, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »

Doesn't Code Red have plans on releasing Fightning Mad?

The Day The Clown Cried
Song Of The South (Fight For Your Life gets released but SOTS still nothing  Lookingup)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  VHS tapes that will never be on DVD... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.