Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 05:42:29 AM
716087 Posts in 53165 Topics by 7773 Members
Latest Member: AlfieQul62
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE ICE HOUSE (1969) - Another obscurity! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE ICE HOUSE (1969) - Another obscurity!  (Read 3559 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 24, 2011, 08:37:59 AM »

Here's another obscure gem I got from Something Weird.  It's a great grindhouse movie and the film print has some wonderful scratches and splices, which add to the grindhouse experience.  In fact, the notes on the back of the DVD case say something like, "seeing The Ice House with scratches and splices is better than not seeing it at all."

The story begins with a woman in a bikini and her 3 male friends stopping at an ice house (to buy ice of course).  The guy who works there ends up getting in a fight with the 3 male customers and ends up defeating them (he uses ice tongs during the fight!)  He dumps the unconscious guys in their covertible and empties a barrel of ice cubes over them.  The woman in the bikini hits him on the head with a beer bottle, which causes him to see colorful, psychedelic spirals.

That night, the Ice House guy goes to a party where he thinks the bikini-woman will be.  She doesn't show up, so he joins in an orgy (with his underpants on).  Then he goes to the nightclub where she works and watches nude women dancing to a song called "The Scrub."  Bikini-woman also does "the scrub" in a shower on the stage.  Ice House guy follows her to her apartment, sneaks in while she is in the shower, then takes off his clothes and gets in the shower with her.  Later, he see the psychedelic spirals again, goes crazy, and strangles her.  Of course, he hides her body in the ice house!  And one of the cops investigating the woman's disappearance is the killer's twin brother!

This movie includes murders, full frontal nudity, obvious mannequins representing frozen corpses, b-movie actors Jim Davis and Scott Brady, and even JENNIFER ANISTON'S MOM (Nancy Dow).  An incredible experience.  Thank you again, Something Weird.

Here it is under its alternate title, THE PASSION PIT:

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 09:55:23 AM »

I've seen it. Its a sadistic piece of s**t.
Needless to say-I loved it. It's so low budget over the top-I cant be offended by it. It's just so blantly expliotation-I like it. Thumbup
If yer a fan of Something Weird Video-try SHE MOB-the best of the worst. Big Shim is a scream!

Small | Large
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 09:57:52 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 11:36:10 AM »

I've seen it. Its a sadistic piece of s**t.
Needless to say-I loved it. It's so low budget over the top-I cant be offended by it. It's just so blantly expliotation-I like it. Thumbup
If yer a fan of Something Weird Video-try SHE MOB-the best of the worst. Big Shim is a scream!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUArXeMtbAo

Actually, I think this may be in my Netflix streaming video queue!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE ICE HOUSE (1969) - Another obscurity! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.