Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 05:30:16 AM
715897 Posts in 53159 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rodan is Coming... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rodan is Coming...  (Read 1623 times)
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 23, 2002, 04:47:05 PM »

... to DVD, apparently, according to Fangoria.com.   Rodan, along with Godzilla, King Of The Monsters, Godzilla Vs. Mothra (original, I believe), Godzilla's Revenge , and Terror of Mechagodzilla are all being released by Classic Media on September 17.  While the group of Godzilla films, I think, have been on DVD before, this is Rodan's first (American) appearance in the format.

Now I know nothing about Classic Media (as far as I know they don't even have a web site).  However, if I was a betting man, I'd say the films will be bare bones, pan and scan.  Still, For me Rodan is worth it.  Rodan himself ranks very high with me, and it's always good to see him.

On film, of course.

He leaves quite the mess in real life.

Quite the mess.

* -- June 24, 2003 is the day.  The film: Godzilla 1985 .  Or '84.  Whatever.  Brought to you by the good folks at Anchor Bay.  Rumor had it it would be the real deal (i.e Ramond Burr free, subtitled), but I have also heard that this was a no go.  This was the last Toho Godzilla movie I saw in a theater for years, up until Godzilla 2000.  It's not my favorite, but it'd be worth having.

* -- This is probably just funny for me, but here goes:

Fangoria also lists a "special edition" All Monsters Attack being released on October 8 by All Day.  When I first read the title, I got all excited, thinking it was a old Gamera film.  The IMDb disabused me of that notion.  There are two movies that had that title before.  The first is Kaiju soshingeki, better known as Destroy All Monsters .  Not a bad choice.

However, being sick, I'm pulling for the second choice.   Gojira – Minira – Gabara:  Oru kaju Daishgeki.  AKA Godzilla's Revenge.  I'm pulling for letterbox, commentary, subtitles, the whole nine yards.  Because that's what we need.  One of the worst Godzilla's.  With everything.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2002, 05:13:27 PM »

Rodan is just gonna sound ssssoooo cool blasting out of my stereo speakers!  The Classic Media releases are just reissues of the Simitar releases, still seeing them in there original Tohoscope is something.

Godzilla's Revenge I have...letterboxed.  Watch that movie and tell me, with a straight face, that John Hughes DID NOT rip it of for the Home Alone movies!  Personally I think it is quite nearly a perfect children's movie.
Flangepart
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2002, 05:29:46 PM »

Well i certinly hope so! Bout time. Hummm.....if they remade Rodan/Radon, what changes might be made for todays audiences? The pace might be faster, but would the plot have to be totaly refurbished?
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2002, 05:33:03 PM »

Chadzilla writes:

"The Classic Media releases are just reissues of the Simitar releases, still seeing them in there original Tohoscope is something."

Excellent!  I own the Simitar Godzilla, King of the Monsters and Terror of Mechagodzilla DVDs and I've had no complaints with them (except that Terror is pan-and-scan.)

Chadzilla also writes:

"Personally I think it is quite nearly a perfect children's movie."

I'm of the opinion that all of the early Godzilla's are perfect children's movies.  Not surprising, since I grew up with them.

I might, might I say, have liked Godzilla's Revenge better if I had caught it as a child.  The same could be said for Godzilla v. Megalon and   Godzilla v. Gigan, both of which I finally got to see as an adult.  As is, I find it hard to recommend any of the three to anyone, except like this: "Watch this instead of Super Gamera "

God I hate Super Gamera

Ken Begg
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2002, 08:56:12 PM »

...is a trailer compliation.  (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Per All Day:

"They’re colossal! They’re hungry! And they’re coming this way!
Here’s the most gigantic assortment of oversized beasts, behemoths, dinosaurs and indescribable space creatures ever to overwhelm your video screen.
See the Colossal Man, the 50 Foot Woman, a giant Frankenstein, Kronos, Konga, Gorgo, Gwangi, Varan the Unbelievable, and Yog, Monster from Space!
See San Francisco smashed by a massive octopus in It Came from Beneath the Sea! See Chicago sacked by gargantuan grasshoppers in Beginning of the End!
See Arizona invaded by big bunny rabbits in Night of the Lepus!
See pioneering special effects work from Willis O’Brien, Ray Harryhausen, Jim Danforth, Eiji Tsuburaya and others, from the Golden Age of sci-fi thrillers!

This exclusive DVD presentation also includes a behind-the-scenes featurette from The Land That Time Forgot, a rare atomic safety film short from the US Government, and the award-winning cartoon Mega-Morphosis!

Coming to DVD this Halloween!"
StatCat
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2002, 09:57:39 PM »

The dvds are released with the involvement of sony and they are indeed pan and scan. Not worth getting I figure if you already have the simitar set (all of those are included except rodan for G vs Monster Zeo, nice letterbox versions except on terror of mechagodzilla) but Rodan I'll pick up.
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2002, 10:18:32 PM »

Ken Begg Wrote:

"Sorry, but All Monsters Attack is a trailer compliation. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)"

Rats.  All my hopes and dreams, shattered.

Well, not really.

I mean it this time.

Honest.

Flangepart
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2002, 11:25:38 AM »

An the diet building in tokyo will never be clean agine. Ewwwwww! Find a hotel room, ya flyin' prevert!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rodan is Coming... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.