Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:53:26 AM
715859 Posts in 53157 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Props « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movie Props  (Read 1275 times)
Pete
« on: September 01, 2002, 04:25:44 PM »

Thought I'd let you know there's a damn cool prop on eby at the moment: a candy-floss cocoon from Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1559212914

Unfortunately for us limeys its only available to the US, plus I don't have the money to spend $125 on movie props anyway, as much as I'd like to.  A while ago Tiny's Mask from Killer Klowns was on ebay too and I so wish I'd bought that.

Has anyone got any good props?
Where'd you get them?

Pete
peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2002, 04:50:11 PM »

i keep all my props from all my films & stage/radio/tv shows, even if i have to beat 80-year old prop mistresses to the ground in order to do so.
some cool stuff:
my complete satan's onions outfit from r.o.b.o.chick, including logo biker vest & spiked motorcycle gloves (please see andrew's devastatingly funny single-skull review of said film on this website).
phil proctor's coleslaw-stained recording schedule from pri's radio version of the wonderful wizard of oz (with mark hamil, john goodman, & michelle trachtenberg), signed by phil proctor and david ossman.
9mm shell casing from uzi submachinegun i fired in bobby "tiger" kim's kill line.
made in thailand opium pipe from musical stage version of much ado about nothing (don't ask).
ultra-realistic giant rubber iguana full-head mask from homemovies tv show.
while it doesn't count as one of mine, i do know a guy in santa monica who has one of the original robot props from fritz lang's metropolis.  this thing is probably worth more than anyone could be willing to pay for it.  he plans to donate it to the german technology museum in munich when he dies.
there's a guy here in boulder, colorado, who has a full sized gort robot prop from the day the earth stood still.  not an acquaintance of mine, though -- i get this info seond-hand.
if you dig props, go to forrest j. ackerman's website.
peter johnson
John
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2002, 02:51:05 AM »

>there's a guy here in boulder, colorado, who has a full sized gort robot prop from
>the day the earth stood still.

If I remember correctly, the same guy who makes full-sized Robby the Robot replicas was going to make Gort also. Personally, I want a full-sized B9 robot. They're way more than I'll ever be able to spend on what amounts to basically a giant toy though. :(
Vermin Boy
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2002, 07:56:29 PM »

Closest thing I have is a square cut from MST3K's "Deep 13" set's wall, which I got as a gift for ordering MST3K: The Movie from the MST Info Club when it first came out. I'm still kicking myself for not biting the bullet and bidding in one of their prop auctions they had a few years ago.
Jim
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2002, 07:39:14 PM »

That coccoon thing is awesome.

One thing I've wanted for a while are some props from Radioactive Dreams.  I have a fair amount of memorabilia from the film (the crown jewel at the moment being the $200 soundtrack..) but I'd REALLY like either Phil or Marlowe's clothes or the outfits Dash and Spade wear.  I'd imagine the masks probably are long gone as latex doesn't last (assuming that's what they're made of).  But the guns and cloaks would be damn cool to have.  

From a low budget out of print flick like that, they're either in a warehouse in some strange place like Arkansas (or Hawaii, where it was partly filmed) or were destroyed long ago.  Ah well.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Props « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.