Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 05:31:55 AM
715455 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE CORPSE GRINDERS : 1972. Color. Dir: Ted V. Mikles! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE CORPSE GRINDERS : 1972. Color. Dir: Ted V. Mikles!  (Read 902 times)
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 30, 2003, 01:54:51 PM »

Man, the cream rises to the top....
Stars?: Sean Kenney, Monika Kelly, Sanford Mitchell, J. Byron Foster, Warren Bell, Ann Nobel.
Plot?: You did read the title, right? Well, its for the sake of...cat food. Weird guy sells the dead to two unscrupulious cat food makers. Cats develoup a taste for human flesh, and cat attacks make our Dr. Hero suspicious. Hey, its a Ted V. flick...and that says it all! Be sure to check out the IMDB for more data.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STUFF TO WATCH FOR !! :::::::
-----------------------------------------------
....Cats: Natures way of saying you have too much free time.
....Subliminal credits?
....So, Ted borrowed the Plan 9 graveyard from Ed Wood Jr.
....Cockny wench marries Yankee Red neck. Must be a war bride.
....Yo, fog machine, take 5!
.... Thug Vs. Redneck in the intimidation derby.
....Tessie! What you get if Torgo and Carrot top had a love child.
....Our hero. Man, that hair is SO 70's.
....Yeah, the cat attacked her. Its a Siamese, for cryin out loud!
....Um...if the cat food used embalmed bodys, does that increase the shelf life?
....Caleb the body snatcher has Michael Gross eyes!
....Ewwww! Maltby the cat food guy is a monkey boy AND a necro! Yuck!
....Ah, Funny morticians. We need more of THOSE kind. Huh?..They embalm the stiffs with "11 herbs and spices"? Does Col. Sanders know about that?
....Pet cat kills white trash mama. Film at 11:00.
....Cat guts. Must need to restring his racket....
....Poor Willie is gonna get the ultimate severance pay.
....Donna. why black underware was invented!
....Bet the lurking stranger is a privet defective.
....Where did Ted V. find all these Brits, anyhoo? Thats three Limeys so far.
....Lession learned:Never tell the homicidal guys you plan to turn them in to the cops!
....If they don't strip the bodys before they...you know...don't little pieces of clothing and buttons turn up in the cat box? If i found shoe laces in the fresh step, i'd wonder....
....Drunk bashing!
....If i was gonna slink around a possably lethel place, I"D have at least two guns and a knife!
....Caleb is gonna feed a looooot of kitties. Boy, what a Darwin award winner...
....Awww. She's too cute for cat food.
....Okey. Falling on a barrel full of human body parts, that i would say justifies that kind of screaming...
....Maltby is one lonely homicidal loon.
....D'oh! He should have been more careful. But, he's new at this hero busness.
....And the head bad guy gets a lead "Going out of busness " sign!
and, Finaly (yea).....(singing) Cat-scratch fever, da da dahh..Cat scratch fever, da da da dahhh!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flangepart says: Check it out, if your a cat lover. It might make you reconciter!
Washed out colors, 70's hair. good B-movie acting. definatly Drive-in fu!
Lots of MST material, and it will make you think about getting  pets without teeth.
------------------------------------ Back to you, Andrew! --------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Scott
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 11:13:11 PM »

I bought this film on DVD and liked it. The title alone is great on the shelve. Its a real cheap looking film, but that corpse grinding machine was something else.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 11:44:18 PM »

I must say, Mikel's movies usually sound better when described, rather than when you are watching them.  The idea behind this was good, but then you have a total of about three "cat attack" scenes and those are so lame as to put even me to sleep.  

Still, the movie makes me feel icky - so it did do something.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2003, 02:38:05 PM »

I got to see Akron Ohio's Son Of Ghoul do the hosting honers with this one. My friend Doug lent me the tape.
Son of G. does it, as Doktor Ghoulfinger calls it, "Cleveland style". Breakin with sound effects and diologue cuts. Believe me, i'd love to see this combined with the Best Brains riffing. Best of both worlds in my book!
After all, these flicks need all the help thay can get!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Tor
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 05:15:34 PM »

I agree with Andrew... I found this one to be quite tedious. But it did have one redeeming feature - the stunning moment of anti-logic in which that goon takes away the gun from the gravedigger, gives him the money, and then pulls out his OWN gun to hold him up! That brought one of my companions to tears...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THE CORPSE GRINDERS : 1972. Color. Dir: Ted V. Mikles! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.