Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 07:39:41 AM
715901 Posts in 53159 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings ( 5 Films ) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent Viewings ( 5 Films )  (Read 932 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: May 28, 2003, 11:18:30 AM »

I seen most of all of these films recently, but not all of any of them. Here they are:

YONGARY, MOSTER FROM THE DEEP (1967) - Wow, if you like GODZILLA movies then this lesser spinly legged Korean monster is a must. This is one of the best bad films I have ever seen. The monster is to much. Flames come out of his mouth and you can see the tube protruding from his mouth. Yongary also does this little dance after he removes the chemicals that give him a big rash. The model scenes are classic. Do not miss this one. Encore Action Channel just showed it today.

RIO CONCHOS (1964) - This is a very good Western. Richard Boone is even better in this one than in HOMBRE. It resembled the film COMMANCHEROS a little. The action is good.

HOUSE OF USHER (1960) - This is the best of the "Usher" films that I have seen and it is directed by Roger Corman. The images really stand out. Well done film starring Vicent Price.

YOUNG GUNS (1988) - After seeing PAT GARRETT AND BILLY THE KID this portrayal of Billy the Kid by Emelio Estevas didn't appeal to me, but the action and the other characters are good. I hope to see this one from the beginning soon.

THE GIRL IN THE INVISIBLE BIKINI (1966) - This film has Boris Karloff, Nancy Sinatra, and a few other familiar faces. Its a silly film with gorillas, mummies, and a ghost in a invisible bikini. Its like the beach bikini film a year earlier DR. GOLDFOOT AND THE BIKINI MACHINE a year earlier. Rough viewing. I'd have to be quite bored to sit through the whole thing.

Feathertop
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 05:05:03 PM »

I agree with your take on YONGARY!  One of the most laughable things about it I thought was the positively SLAVISH way the Korean makers of the film imitated the worst aspects of Japanese "Big Rubber Monster-Suit" movies, right down to the annoying little kid in short pants!
Sven A
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 06:34:46 PM »

Please elaborate on the invisible bikini
Does that mean a nekkid ghost babe?
lester1/2jr
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 07:17:14 PM »

A true b movie moment is when yongary starts dancing to the surf music.

The Delmonas cover "Dr Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine" it's awesome cover
Scott

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 07:28:12 PM »

The invisible bikini is on a ghost. Sorry no gratuitous nudity.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 07:45:43 PM »

I actually have this on laserdisc.  It can be very slow at times (whenever the title monster is not on the screen or at least affecting what is on the screen), but some parts of that movie are really fun.  Few other guy-in-a-suit giant monster movies are so inept.

And Yongary dancing gets me laughing every time.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 08:58:29 PM »

They had some cool jet fighters, but one of the most absurd scenes is when Yongary reaches down and stabs some poor guy with his horn.

BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2003, 12:37:07 PM »

Yongary.
Interesting. This is the only one I haven't seen. As for the rest . . .

Rio Conchos
Little remembered. Less appreciated. Still a great western. Forget the woman. It is the men in it, that count. Richard Boone, Stuart Whitman, Tony Franciosa, Jim Brown, Warner Anderson, Rudy Acosta,, Vito Scotti, and Edmond O'Brien. And in uncredited roles: Timothy Carey and Mickey Simpson.
If one likes Richard Boone, then watch him in reruns of "Have Gun Will Travel," which I believe plays on the Hallmark Channel on Saturdays. Now there was a western.

House of Usher
The least of the Poe adaptations (IMHO),. I found "Pit and the Pendulum," "Masque of the Read Death, " and even "Tomb of Ligeia" superior, but, it was the one that started that great collaboration between Roger Corman and Vincent Price.

Young Guns
"A Brat Pack" western w/ Emilio Estevez, Kiefer Sutherland, Lou Diamond Phillips, Charlie Sheen, Dermont Mulroney, and Casey Siemaszko. Of course, it is the oldsters in it, that make it worth watching. Terence Stamp, Jack Palance, Patrick Wayne, and, especially, Brian Keith, that make it worth a viewing. Who would have thought, that when Pat Wayne started acting, he would, one day,  be older then most of his co-stars. Successful enough, it spawned a sequel called "Young Guns II," which I have never been able to bring myself to watch.

"The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini." Yes, she is a ghost. Yes the bikini is invisible, but, this is 1966, so you don't get to see anything beneath the bikini, as I remember it.
Like "Young Guns," an interesting mixture of youngsters: here, Tommy Kirk, Deborah Walley, and Nancy Sinatra, and oldsters: Jesse White, Harvey Lembeck, Francis X. Bushman, Benny Rubin, and Patsy Kelly. And I don't remember whether they had any scenes together, but, it would be the last film that Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone would appear in together, dating back to their first joint appearance in 1939's "Tower of London.'

Enjoy all the films.
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2003, 03:03:53 PM »

YONGARY. Compleat with Korean Kenny,wind up tanks, real-flame oral inserts and wall board metropolis.
Acting talent not included.
Colorised reprint sold seperatly.

Post Edited (06-01-03 15:04)

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings ( 5 Films ) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.