Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 08:21:02 AM
715905 Posts in 53160 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Family Guy Movie!!! ~Dances A Jig~ « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Family Guy Movie!!! ~Dances A Jig~  (Read 1740 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: June 04, 2003, 08:36:59 AM »

Just read online that since Family Guy has sold over 400,000 copies of the DVD since it's release mid April, and because it has been getting huge turnout on Cartoon Network (Drumroll Please!), SETH MCFARLAND HAS DECIDED TO MAKE IT INTO A FILM!

This is fantastic news.  One of the only T.V. shows that I ever made a point to watch.  Fox really screwed this show, and it seems that McFarland is shoving it in their faces.  This is the best news I've heard in a long time.  YIPEE!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 03:17:54 PM »

Oh come on!
No one is even the least bit excited about this!?
I just hope it's not live action (shudder of horror)

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
raj

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 03:33:28 PM »

I just can't stand Family Guy.
(I also hope they don't do a full length Simpsons -- changing formats can kill a show)
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 04:02:01 PM »

I need to find some money and buy the dvd set...but I have money put away already for the strangers with candy season one set coming out in a couple weeks, then family guy is next on my tv on dvd list once paychecks come along (I'm a jobless recent college grad).  I would like to see family guy as a movie, probably wouldn't get to it in the theaters (i never see movies there) but would make a point to get it on video.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2003, 05:11:46 PM »

I wacthed about ten minutes of that show once, just to try to give it a fair shake.  It was trying so hard to be The Simpsons, and failing so badly

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Paquita

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2003, 06:11:54 PM »

Family Guy is okay! everybody says its trying to be the simpsons but how can a cartoon involving a family with a fat stupid husband and kind of attractive wife not seem like the simpsons? well! like the flintstones was a small family with a fat stupid husband and a kind of attractive wife! im not making a good point.  but it CAN be funny a lot of its pretty stupid but its watchable!  if you watch it more you'd notice the humor is much different from the simpsons! its geared toward more of an immature adult audience. like me! and theres more fart and poo jokes!

love colleen
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2003, 07:31:32 PM »

Family guy definately has humor in there that is a lot more than just fat jokes and that. I read a quote from Seth McFarline(sp!) talking about how he thinks some of the shows humor is really sophisticated, and that they may make a penis joke, but they'll try and put a smarter joke in there too.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2003, 11:52:28 PM »

Like Paquita said, I don't think Family Guy is like the Simpsons except that it's animated and is a take-off of family sitcoms.  The doofus father has been a TV icon pretty much since the very beginning.  

I don't know how good a full-length movie would be--they'd do well if they could be even near as good as the SOUTH PARK movie.
timtim
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2003, 05:27:59 AM »

Is this true, I haven't heard anything.

As for my take on Family Guy. It did some like the type of show I'd hate, and it did have a lot of movie and TV parodies, and that generally is a really easy type of humor, I think it was the obscurity of some of the references that made it funny. What other show has made reference to the child molestor episode of "Different Strokes", or had a scene where the Kool Aid Guy bursts through the wall of a courtroom to exclaim "OH YEAH!!!" It depends on what you want out of a TV show. If you like the show to have an actual plot and characters that you care about, then Family Guy is probably not going to be your show. But if you just want to laugh, they did a pretty good job of cramming in gag after gag to fill up a half hour.

I will say that they kind of pussed out on the DVDs, though. They made some edits to some of the episodes, they cut out a Bin Laden joke from one episode (which originally aired before 9/11), and a Kennedy assassination joke from another. Not to mention that Seth MacFarlane and the cast recorded commentary tracks for all the episodes, yet Fox only saw fit to include 8 commentary tracks on the DVD set. Maybe it's because of the gratuitous cursing throughout, although it is pretty funny to hear Alex Borstein say "Peter, what the f**k???" in her Lois voice.

Hey, Brian Ringler, I'm glad I'm not the only one looking foward to the Strangers with Candy DVD, I was beginning to think I was the only one who heard of that show. Now all we need is an Upright Citizens Brigade DVD!
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2003, 07:41:06 AM »

Here is a quote from joblo.com, where I found the info.

"Hell Yeah! Gimme, Gimme, Gimme! Following the success of the four disc DVD set that was released last month (over 400,000 units have already been sold), and the solid numbers that repeats are garnering on The Cartoon Network, THE FAMILY GUY creator, Seth MacFarlane, has told Variety that he has been entertaining the idea of a straight to DVD feature length film based on Peter Griffin and his miraculously dysfunctional family. It is still in the very early stages but due to the continued, and overwhelmingly obvious interest in the show, it is under serious consideration. Sweet! I have held (and continue to hold) a grudge against Fox Television for the way that THE FAMILY GUY was handled by the network (I could never find the show after the first season because the network, literally, changed it's time-slot more often than it's underwear), but hopefully the studio will step up and ante-up the cash needed to make a full length film. Who knows, maybe getting cancelled will be a blessing in disguise and will instead spawn a series of new, direct-to-video releases in which MacFarlane and Co. could push the boundaries even further than they did on network television. A second multiple disc DVD that includes a never-before-seen episode is slated for release this fall."

moel
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2003, 10:31:32 PM »

Family Guy is better then The Simpsons are now, but not as good as The Simpsons once  were. Two different shows, two different  types of humour...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Family Guy Movie!!! ~Dances A Jig~ « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.