Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 01:49:26 PM
715941 Posts in 53161 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Outlaw of Gor « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Outlaw of Gor  (Read 1024 times)
Sven André
« on: July 13, 2003, 09:24:27 PM »

Rented this great unknown fantasy epos seqel today. On the inside of the cover someone had scribbled down this fine mini review:

"This is one of the old school desert-warrior-dwarf movies. This is like a sneak preview into the future after WWIII (about 2010). That's the reason I tell you to watch this movie and learn how to survive in the desert... (get a motorbike, shotgun, lots of gasoline and water. See and learn)"

Not that there was any motorbikes in the movie so it's a bit irrelevant.

My own review:

Tarl Cabot, the physics teacher that got transported to the world of Gor in the first movi, is hanging out a bar with his annoying geek friend, Watkins. After leaving the place the two are suddenly - and without any sfx at all - transported to Gor, where they meet up with cabots girlfriend Talena, the elder and that obnoxious dwarf guy, Hup. But trouble is stirring in the realm of Gor. The evil priest Xenos (Jack Palance!) and the wicked queen Lana are plotting to overthrow the king. King Marlenus is murdered by Lana, who uses the gullible Watkins as a pawn and blames Cabot for the murder. Cabot and Hup flee into the desert, where they fight slave traders. meanwhile back in the city the imprisoned Talena has to fight a bunch of scnatily clad women. Lana and Xenos sends a bounty hunter to capture cabot. Her evil plan is to let him fight barehanded against a band of viciois gladiators.

As might be expected, everyone in this movie is wearing silly leather outfits and incredibly fake looking plastic armor (although at least a few costumes looks pretty good). Outlaw of Gor was probably shot (I guess) somewhere in New Mexico or maybe Tunisia, as all great barbarian epics tend to be. The acting is generally lame, but I've seen much much worse (Deathstalker &c).

Stuff I learned from watching this movie:

- Dwarfs natural habitat is inside wine barrels
- Bounty Hunters are really good at heart
- To kill/k.o. a warrior, knock him twice at the shoulder
- To kill someone with a sword, be sure to stab beside the body
- Merchants don't care to watch out for thieves

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0098048
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 06:21:54 PM »

Ha ha, you know what? the boys and girls at MST3K Msted this flick and I've not yet been able to order a copy of it, I'm gonna remember this next time I get the chance to order a few tapes. It sounds like a riot.

And having Mike, tom and crow there makes it all the merrier. BTW they also Msted deathstalker >:)

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2003, 06:40:32 PM »

I saw it about a month ago.  Pretty silly.  Pretty stupid, actually, but I've seen much worse so I have no complaints

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Krempa
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 08:01:52 PM »

The MST3K version of, "Outlaw of Gor," is one of my favorites.  It's also the episode where Mike finally gets comfortable in front of the camera, or Cam-Bot, if you will, and makes ridiculously funny cracks at the movie.  The best by far is when Cabot is driving after they leave the bar, Watkins is annoyingly babbling for almost a minute, and Mike comments, "Any chance of Barney Rubble there going through the windshield?"
Flangepart

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 10:30:09 AM »

And don't forget "Buffalo shots!"...oh, wait, that was "Deathstalker". My bad.
Oh, i have GOT do dig up my MST of Gor. Done been too long without!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 10:16:28 AM »

oh lord.
i have heard the movies are bad yet entertaining.
i simply beg you all not to pick up the books and then act as if you could possibly actually live that way.

..."Tease" - JohnL
JohnL

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2003, 06:54:03 PM »

>i simply beg you all not to pick up the books and then act as if you could
>possibly actually live that way.

What? You mean keeping slavegirls? I could get used to that. ;)

Post Edited (07-17-03 18:55)
yaddo42
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2003, 07:50:18 PM »

Never seen the movies, but I remember as a kid the only local place that had the Gor books was one old drugstore that still had a huge wire bookrack filled with trashy horror, fantasy, action, and romance novels. I used to love to walk up and down the row, staring at the over the top covers, and imagining the images on the covers as little movies in my head.

I probably a good thing I didn't actually read them as a kid, I would have grown up even more twisted than I already am.
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2003, 07:54:04 PM »

keeping slavegirls isn't so bad.
some girls like bdsm indeed.
oooh, it's the attitudes, though.  and people really really believe that stuff!

..."Tease" - JohnL
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Outlaw of Gor « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.