Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 12:29:31 AM
715970 Posts in 53161 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Question for Andrew: George Kennedy « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question for Andrew: George Kennedy  (Read 968 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: October 27, 2003, 08:30:08 PM »

I've noticed that you REALLY hate George Kennedy but you never give a reason as to why.  (at least none that I've read so far)

In one of your more recent posts you couldn't even bring yourself to fully type his name.  Usually you refer to him as the antichrist or another similar name.
Hehe!

I myself never really gave him much thought and have only seen him in the Naked Gun films that I can remember.  I never really minded him as an actor.
(GASP!! Blasphemy you say!!)

I was curious to ask you why you dislike this man so much?
I'll bet he's actually a really nice guy in person.

Would you meet him if you had the chance and what questions would you ask him?
He'd be a great addition to your interviews section!

Post Edited (10-27-03 19:32)
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 08:46:06 PM »

Were I to meet the gent, I'd probably foam at the mouth and chase him around with a crucifix.

Honestly, he has done some fine acting work.  However, in one short period (about a month, I think), I was subjected to a body of what must be his worst movies:
Death Ship
Uninvited
Cats Don't Dance
The Terror Within
Demonwarp
Bolero
Savage Dawn
Airport 79

I might have added in one or two and missed one or two that were in that binge.  I know that Death Ship, Airport 79, Bolero, Demonwarp, and Cats Don't Dance were definitely in there.  And the hell of it was that I had not planned on making a "George Kennedy Festival" out of the time period in question.  It just sort of happened.

My motto:  George Kennedy Happens.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
B-grade
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 09:00:53 PM »

We'll that explains it.  I was always confused by it.  I mean Death ship is bad but not that bad.

I had a similar accidential George Kennedy experience but it was onl;y with two movies.  With only two movies the appearence of George was amusing and entertaining.  

I actually really like A Terror Within. In fact i just purchased the movie poster for $7.
Terror Within Two is also great. I love how they learn nothing from the first one plus it has the fastest baby into an airduct scene in history.
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2003, 01:58:42 AM »

COOL HAND LUKE? Or the first AIRPORT? (George was at his Patroni best in the first film).

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2003, 10:00:45 AM »

COOL HAND LUKE is one of my favorite movies, and I'd say that George Kennedy's performance is one of the top 10 supporting actor performances I have ever seen.

Unfortunately, George Kennedy has suffered the same fate as many fine actors from the past (Rod Steiger, Ray Milland, Farley Granger, etc.) As he got older, he started to sink into B (and Z) movie infamy.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2003, 10:01:50 AM »

but andrew, you like the Uninvited...despite GK's appearance? not enough to ruin the entire flick for you eh?

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 04:16:12 AM »

To Andrew's defense and the detraction of G.K. *shudder*, I'd like to add "The Human Factor" to that list.  A movie that was brought to us by the same group of mobsters that distributed Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  They should have stopped while they were ahead.  Unless the movie was meant to be used as a torture device on one of their enemies and was only accidentally released, which is very possible.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Neville

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 10:28:33 AM »

Wasn't he on "The Delta Force" as well? Of course, so was Lee Marvin...

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2003, 11:34:48 AM »

Yeah, and he was in "The dirty dozen" with Lee Marvin, too.
George Kennedy...the human sugercured ham.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Question for Andrew: George Kennedy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.