Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 06:50:00 AM
715974 Posts in 53161 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Starship Troopers 2 DvD review « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Starship Troopers 2 DvD review  (Read 928 times)
Gecko Brothers
« on: May 26, 2004, 10:29:40 AM »

I managed to rent Starship Troopers 2 from a video rental.

The Plot
-Five Years after the first movie, hummanity is loosing and a new bug appears that takes it's lessons from the thing. It takes over a body and causes them to crave sugar and kill people.

The Special Effects
-This is actually the main star of the movie. It looks as though it had a decent budget . They had some reall neat effects. Though it is not as good as Lord of the Rings, it is more on the lines of well a sci-fi origional like Battlestar Galaticia.

The Movie
-It is actually not to bad for a direct to video. It had a short shooting time and was rushed. You can tell the filmakers were hasty. It was supppose to be a horror than a action film. Emphasis on "was suppose to"

Acting
-The acting is a mixed bag. Some decent and some are stupid.

Offensive Material
-There is quite a few curse words. There are some full female nudity and a couple of ripped bodies.

Humor
-It has some funny things. It is not like the first one with news report. It mostly involved trying to be the Evil Dead (tossing a moving head itno the microwave to see a bug splat).

Extras
-It has making of, commentary of writer and director, special effects transformation, photo gallery, and trailers. It is pretty full considering it's origin.

How to Spend
It is worth a rent, unless your a big ST fan. Just keep expectations low. I mean sci-fi origionals movie low (It is better than Webs!)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 10:34:01 AM »

Been wanting to see  STARSHIP TROOPERS 2. It did come on cable recently.

The original was very good. I didn't like the orignal at first because I was expecting a more serious gun ho Sci-Fi film at the theater, but then rented it on video later and really started to enjoy it for what it was.

Post Edited (05-26-04 10:36)

Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 04:19:40 PM »

I thought Troopers 2 was a pretty good movie - just so long as you're not expecting it to be anything like the original.  None of the original cast, none of the original budget.  

Lots of gore - I was surprised at that.  The characters weren't bad, though it took a while to get to know them.  Plot was basic, but okay.  I'd say the for the amount of money they had, and the script, they did a pretty reasonable job.  For straight-to-video.
Max Gardner
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 07:09:02 PM »

I figured ST2 would for all intents and purposes be something along the lines of Starship Troopers minus the satire.  I was surprised to find Neumeier wrote this one as well, so I'll check it out for that, if nothing else.
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 07:53:12 PM »

The only thing about the special effects I forgot to mention the cap guns. The look more fake than a fan made star wars rifle but that doesn't matter because the marine looked mean with the guns anyway.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 08:03:13 PM »

I think its great to hear abotu adirect to video movie thast not only doesnt suck but is fun.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
MeAndMyMeatCleaver
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 01:06:49 AM »

I have a confession: I havn't seen the original... :-(

<<Insert great, oversaid Evil Dead2/DeadAlive quote here>>
Fluffy Catfood
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 04:26:21 AM »

Is Jason Lee in this movie? A friend said he is meant to be in it.
dean
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 11:12:09 PM »

I thought there were a few people from the original in it? I thought I saw a few actors there from the original?

Ah well, I'm just going to have to rent that now! :P
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 05:04:12 PM »

None that I know of. Mostly it is just the writer
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Starship Troopers 2 DvD review « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.