Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 11:03:27 AM
716063 Posts in 53164 Topics by 7773 Members
Latest Member: AlfieQul62
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Madonna Movies! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Madonna Movies!  (Read 1471 times)
The_Unknown
« on: July 10, 2004, 04:39:10 AM »

I dig Madonna's music with the exception of her latest turd of an album. I think she's a talented singer/performer but I and the rest of the world knows..... she can't act.

I've seen some of her films and I can confirm that yes, she can not act. I feel bad saying that but its true. She never emotes and delivers lines in a british accent on and off.

So yeah, they should add a few of her films like Swept Away or Body of Evidence on this site. Both movies I think are camp classics since I've seen them both!

So what do you guys think? Will she ever be in a really good movie and act well in it? Have any of you seen any of her movies?
nobody
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 11:05:44 AM »

The only acting Madonna has ever done that I've liked was her short roll in the commercial/movie called "Star." It was made by BMW films, part of a series of commercial/movies called "The Hire." I believe you can still buy the entire set on DVD from BMW's website. The DVD is fantastic, and it only costs $4 or $5.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 12:14:23 PM »

I like "Who's That Girl".

Don't ask me why, I just do.
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2004, 02:38:15 PM »

i love maddona, i go to every concert she does whenever she comes to my country and she is amazing,as a singe she is not great , she its not the best one, she is not even the best dancer, she is not the most beauty but she has something that makes her unic. anyway.................... as actress..........she is horrible, i dont know why does she keeps trying it, maybe if she would decide to go to acting classes, it would be a different story,but ,no, i dont think she will ever get it, a pity

pauli
Kory
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2004, 07:54:16 PM »

She did alright in "A League of their Own"... but it's because she played a dirty slut-  didn't have to act much!
Susan
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2004, 09:27:33 PM »

I only enjoy her earlier films because back then nobody was expected to act in films like that. ("desperately seeking susan" was better than "Who's that girl" even because her animated character was a little over the top in the latter..altho it had its funny moments) Popcorn flicks she shoulda stuck to, I can't stand watching her trying to be legit

The_Unknown
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2004, 06:49:02 PM »

I liked her in Who's That Girl?, The movie wasn't good or great. But it was in a campy way. :p

I think she even publicly admitted she hated that movie.
ED
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 02:03:15 PM »

Ditto,
I am not sure why but its a fun movie.
-Ed
Susan
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 08:15:24 PM »

Nurse: "What's your husbands name?"
madonna: "Louden"
Nurse: "louden what?"
Madonna: "clear"

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »

I thought she was okay in DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN and A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN.  But she will never be what I would call a "good actor."  I like a few of her songs, but most of her music is teeny-bopper, bubble-gum stuff.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Susan
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 06:08:15 PM »

Well burgo i wouldn't ever say she's a good actor..she's an 80's bubble gum actor. Fun to watch in a brainless movie.  Didn't she have a bit appearance in "Vision quest" or something singing? Would be interesting if there was a list of singers who appeared in movies before they were famous or known for their music

One song that stuck with me over the years she did for a movie is ..'tale to tell" - you don't hear it on the radio but it always makes me remember the chilling "At Close Range" movie.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 08:09:01 PM »

Susan:

Yes . . . she was in VISION QUEST.  I believe she sang "Gambler" and "Crazy for You."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2004, 08:15:25 PM »

When I read the title of this thread I immediately thought of "Who's that Girl"  

I can't explain why I like this movie, but I just do.  But I am happy to see that I am not alone.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2004, 12:01:15 PM »

One might also try Warren Beatty's "Dick Tracy." I remember her as being fairly good in that one. Maybe, because it is a bit of typecasting, as she plays a nightclub singer and gets to sing a song or two.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Madonna Movies! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.