Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:09:58 PM
715869 Posts in 53157 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cosmos War of the Planets (1977) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cosmos War of the Planets (1977)  (Read 1822 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: June 18, 2006, 05:59:36 PM »

I found an old thread (back in 2003) for this one and can't believe Andrew has never reviewed this one.

Captain Hamilton (or Leighton depending on which dub you have) is a pain in the ass. Seems he doesn't like taking orders from Earth commands main computer (called The Wiz by the way)so they assign him to a ship making repairs on Navigation satellites (or something).

Anyway, while on their mission they get diverted to see what a rogue planet has to do with two alien ship that attacked them earlier. They find a once great civilization that is under the control of a giant robot/computer (looks like the control panel on Darth Vaders chest only with legs). They hook up with the teldpathic natives (some guys painted gray wearing speedos and pointy ears) in order to destroy the robot and free them, only to leave all of them but one behind when they are successful and the planet blows up (he even gets flushed out the airlock later on).  Thanks for nothin' Earthmen!

Boy this thing has some of the stupidest dialogue you ever heard, "Try to communicate with them using any means necessary! And use the radio if you have to!" At one point when they are getting strange radio signals from the rogue planet Captain Hamilton tells the crew to ignore the computer's analysis because it's probably drunk.

What I learned from this movie:

Navigation satellites (or whatever they were) are evidently powered by lead\acid batteries.

World dominating giant Supercomputer/Robots don't have very good hearing.

All you need to take out a giant Supercomputer/Robot that's been dominating an entire planet for centuries is a well placed circuit board slung from a make shift slingshot. (Actually that didn't kill him, he transferred his consciousness into an injured crewman who gets flushed out the airlock with the aforementioned sole surviving inhabitant of the planet.) *

* By the way, getting flushed out the airlock didn't finish him off either, but apparently the captain was the only one who noticed that fact.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 06:51:22 PM »

This is in the SCI-FI CLASSICS 50 MOVIE PACK.  I haven't watched it yet, but it sounds like I should put it near the top of my "need to watch soon" list.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
trekgeezer

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 06:54:59 PM »

You'll love it Burgo, it's full of Italian cheese. I got it on a $1 four movie DVD which included Assignment Outer Space (another Italian made one), Journey to the Prehistoric Planet, and Message from Space (which I already have,but have never watched).

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 08:54:07 PM »

It's definately worth a viewing Burgomaster. WAR OF THE ROBOTS is very similar and made about the same year. Also in Italy.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 10:38:49 PM »

I have the "War of the Robots" and "War of the Planets" set that came out not too long ago.  Honestly, I think that I will be reviewing the prior film first.  It has been on my mind from time to time, because where else do you have an entire robot army of Dutch Boys?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 03:24:37 PM »

Oh, i must MST3K this! The cheese....the cheese...
Like the guy who pops a tic-tac when it looks like they will get trashed. What,he  wants to face death with fresh breath?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
trekgeezer

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 07:02:44 PM »

I like when the guy working on the satellite gets battery acid on his suit and starts screaming, the captain turns and smiles at one of the female crewmen.

I also liked the virtual sex using the blue ball.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cosmos War of the Planets (1977) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.