Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:33:50 AM
715454 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spaghetti West (2005) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spaghetti West (2005)  (Read 2607 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: August 11, 2007, 08:48:10 PM »

SPAGHETTI WEST (2005) - Good little documentary produced by IFC about Italian Westerns. They tell us how Westerns in America started going towards TV Western series in the 50's and Italy started making their own Western films to fill the gap. After a number of years filming Sword and Sandal epics in the desert region of Spain they used the same location for many of their Westerns. These movies were essentially the origins of our modern day action films here in the states. They cover the different stages of the Spaghetti Western also from the lone stranger to the later political and comedy Westerns. This is a nice documentary for those who are not that familiar with the genre. For me it didn't cover some of the more obscure Italian Westerns I was hoping to see and hear more about.

Thumbup Thumbup (8 out of 10 Stars)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 09:36:22 AM by Scott » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 11:36:37 PM »

I suppose that might be ONE of the few decent offerings made by IFC, but I LOATHE that channel!!  It's the only movie channel I get on my satellite package, and MAYBE one in twenty of the movies it shows are worth watching.  I find independent films, for the most part, to be whiny, pretentious,  depressing, or just boring, and sometimes all of the above!   Hatred

Maybe if they played a TROMA film every now and then . . . . Lookingup

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Scott

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 09:14:22 AM »

Moved this over to the Bad Movies section due to the genre.

Also I paid $20.00 for this DVD and for me it wasn't worth it because they cover material that I've already read about in books. Even for new fans to the genre it may be worth $10 instead of $20. Better yet wait and see if IFC will show it again on TV.

Neville

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 11:21:42 AM »

Moved this over to the Bad Movies section due to the genre.

It had to be you, of all people...  Buggedout

(Sobs quietly against a shelf of Leone DVDs)

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Scott

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 01:53:01 PM »

Neville, I meant that in a good way. These films are really wild compared to "good" films. By "bad" films I mean ones that are extreme, odd, wild, strange, and the like.  Smile

Neville

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 02:09:15 PM »

Mmmm...

Alright then.  Wink

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 01:54:55 PM »

I was lucky enough to catch this and record a copy when they aired it on IFC.  It's a great documentary.  At the time, I had only been a spaghetti western fan for a couple of years, so I did learn a few things from it, but I think it would be fun to watch for anyone interested in the genre, regardless of how much they already know. 
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 08:59:08 PM »

I suppose that might be ONE of the few decent offerings made by IFC, but I LOATHE that channel!!  It's the only movie channel I get on my satellite package, and MAYBE one in twenty of the movies it shows are worth watching.  I find independent films, for the most part, to be whiny, pretentious,  depressing, or just boring, and sometimes all of the above!   Hatred

You must have bad luck catching anything good on there.  Here is few genre movies I've watched there in the last year.

Slumber Party Massacre
Humanoids from the Deep
The Boogens
American Werewolf in London
Bubba Ho-Tep
Ginger Snaps
Below
Wendigo

They've been having Sonny Chiba movies lately too, I think Karate Bullfighter has been playing this month.

You should go to IFC.com and checkout the schedule, they should be showing some horror movies in the run up to Halloween.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 10:55:31 PM »

Their offerings have been a bit better of late.  HAVOC has been on four times in the last week and a half - I hate the bratty kids in the movie, but Anne Hathaway is awfully easy on the eyes! Lookingup

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 12:22:33 AM »

Well, IFC shows films I don't like, don't understand, and don't want to miss...!    TeddyR  CITY OF GOD is just one of the amazing films I've discovered on IFC, and these last few months I've looked at HALLOWEEN and SLEEPAWAY CAMP...yup... on IFC !!   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 11:10:41 AM »

This was an excellent documentary but I do recall them having something similar covering Kung Fu flicks.  Anyone see that one?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Scott

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 04:02:06 PM »

Yes, they did do a good Kung Fu film documentary which I did a small post about.

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,115369.0.html

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spaghetti West (2005) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.