Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:57:30 PM
715469 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7763 Members
Latest Member: Beaconztu
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  SE7EN « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SE7EN  (Read 2049 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: November 07, 2019, 12:13:46 AM »

Re-watched it tonight here with some co-workers and liked it a bit less than when I saw it in high school, but I did come up with a new theory, that it wasn't (um spoiler) Apple's mom's head in the box that freaked Brad Pitt out so much, it was Kevin Spacey's sex tapes.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 06:29:30 AM »

I think it was a quite good movie, but overall it's too... depressing. I understand the point of the conclusion, but it just leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth. I would've much preferred the original ending that was eventually changed.

SPOILER INCOMING

In the original script, Morgan Freeman's character is the one who kills John Doe, in order to save his partner's soul and sanity. It even was requested by the actors that the head of the girl is in the box, it was going to be a dog head as far as I know.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 12:08:11 PM »

I remember being swept along in 1995 by the buzz about how great the movie was, so I think my reaction when I saw it on a bootleg VHS tape in someone's apartment then was a sort of elevation via acclaim, because while it wasn't bad this time, absent all these college students telling impressionable high school me it was "THE GREATEST FILM OF THE YEAR!!!!" it felt slow and shallow in 2019. But I do think the ending where Pitt shoots Spacey works better.

Seeing the movie back then also explained to me why I kept hearing people going around saying, "Cops go before dicks!" Til then I definitely had the wrong impression about that line, though sometimes a misunderstanding is more fun.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
claws
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 12:48:12 PM »

Watched this at the theater on a very cold evening in January with a buddy and my sister. The hype back then was HUGE for the movie and the revolutionary opening credits. I enjoyed the film but thought it 'borrowed' one too many ideas from Silence of the Lambs. I also thought the killer was made out like a super-super villain, which I felt made it even more fiction because real serial killers don't really act like that.

For the extra thrill we were followed by an unknown car on our 35 minutes drive home through a rural area. We finally made a stop in some village where a few people were standing, and the unknown car took off at high speed. Very creepy. The rest of our way home we pretty much had our heads turned back all the time 'afraid' being followed again. Good times  TeddyR
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 03:42:33 PM »

My favorite part of the movie was GWYNETH PALTROW's... blank in the blank.  BounceGiggle 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  SE7EN « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.