Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 09:26:26 PM
715446 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rip off movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Rip off movies  (Read 12582 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2023, 05:21:12 PM »

subtle.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2023, 06:26:13 PM »

The Eerie Midnight Horror Show (1974)  This is an Italian rip-off of The Exorcist.  I have a couple of other eurohorror exorcist movies as well, but I don't remember their names offhand.  I actually enjoyed watching these movies more than The Exorcist, which I found to be a bit boring compared to its more stylish and cheesy eurohorror counterparts.

BEYOND THE DOOR is lota fun!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Neville

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2023, 06:41:34 PM »

subtle.

Asylum? They certainly especialize in rip-offs.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2023, 08:12:14 AM »

Apparently it was released in the same month as THE DA VINCI CODE… I mean, can you actually write cast direct and distribute a movie in one month like that? Bit strange. Maybe that’s the real mystery.  Buggedout

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2023, 10:57:38 AM »

^ Roger Corman made the TERROR (1963) in 3 days!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2023, 11:01:29 AM »

really?

wonder what took him so long....  Smile

M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2023, 08:29:52 PM »

Apparently it was released in the same month as THE DA VINCI CODE… I mean, can you actually write cast direct and distribute a movie in one month like that? Bit strange. Maybe that’s the real mystery.  Buggedout

Based on absolutely no data whatsoever  Smile I would presume that Asylum wrote and went into production on a film loosely based on the same themes and conspiracy theories as Dan Brown's novel - months (at least) before TDVC was released - and neither knew nor cared what the actual Hanks vehicle would be like onscreen. Most of their rip-offs are released at the same time (or even before!) more famous counterparts, in order to bilk the foolish or careless. When I worked at a multiplex there was a Hollywood Video across the street and I'd check out the new releases every Friday. Whenever we'd open a big picture there'd routinely be an Asylum rip-off on the shelves the same day (or sooner).
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2023, 08:40:12 AM »

the incredible awesome bats**t crazy Robo Vampire is kind of what a Robocop vs Terminator rip off would look like

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Ińárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Neville

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2023, 08:49:21 AM »

When I worked at a multiplex there was a Hollywood Video across the street and I'd check out the new releases every Friday. Whenever we'd open a big picture there'd routinely be an Asylum rip-off on the shelves the same day (or sooner).

Of course, most of them are utter crap. But I enjoyed (somehow) "I am Omega" and "Princess of Mars".

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2023, 08:49:30 AM »

Apparently it was released in the same month as THE DA VINCI CODE… I mean, can you actually write cast direct and distribute a movie in one month like that? Bit strange. Maybe that’s the real mystery.  Buggedout

Based on absolutely no data whatsoever  Smile I would presume that Asylum wrote and went into production on a film loosely based on the same themes and conspiracy theories as Dan Brown's novel - months (at least) before TDVC was released - and neither knew nor cared what the actual Hanks vehicle would be like onscreen. Most of their rip-offs are released at the same time (or even before!) more famous counterparts, in order to bilk the foolish or careless. When I worked at a multiplex there was a Hollywood Video across the street and I'd check out the new releases every Friday. Whenever we'd open a big picture there'd routinely be an Asylum rip-off on the shelves the same day (or sooner).

Interesting. maybe there’s industry tip-offs. “Psst… Spielberg’s doing a mutated wallaby flick, get in there while you can!”

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2023, 08:54:25 AM »

There is always Monster Armageddon where Asylum ripped off its own rip-offs.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2023, 12:33:57 PM »

ABBY  (1974) was a blacksploitation rip of the EXORCIST (1973).
Warner Bros. even sued it to remove it from the screen! And won! I'm lucky enough to have it on an old bootleg VHS.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2023, 06:57:22 PM »

Interesting. maybe there’s industry tip-offs. “Psst… Spielberg’s doing a mutated wallaby flick, get in there while you can!”

Oh for sure. We've seen this every once in a while... three body-switch romcoms come out the same year... two or three meteors-threatening-Earth movies in the same summer... etc etc. Even at the big studio level everyone wants to know what's on the end of everyone else's fork.  TeddyR
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2023, 08:30:35 PM »

^^ They blinded us with science in 1985. My favorites are the three teen science comedies from 1985: Real Genius, My Science Project and Weird Science.

Bonus: D.A.R.Y.L. and Explorers.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 01:41:21 PM by claws » Logged

Is it October yet?
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2023, 10:11:17 PM »

Yeah, exactly! How does one explain a spate like THAT? It's pure industry triangulation...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Rip off movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.