Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 01:25:29 PM
715983 Posts in 53162 Topics by 7772 Members
Latest Member: MauriceNorton
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Question on The Matrix Reloaded « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question on The Matrix Reloaded  (Read 1368 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: May 19, 2003, 10:28:43 PM »

!!!POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!

Near the end of the film when Neo meets "The Architect", what exactly did The Architect mean when he went off on his ramble about rebuilding The Matrix multiple times?

Most of what he said went WAY over my head and was very confusing!

It almost seemed as if he said that Zion itself wasn't real and that the machines have destroyed it multiple times.

What was he getting at?

Post Edited (05-19-03 22:36)
Johnny Blister
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 10:31:51 PM »

Since  Matrix Reloaded is released in my country this Thurday,I gotta say:

What the hell are you taking about?
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 10:34:07 PM »

That's why I typed "POSSIBLE SPOILER".

This thread was meant only for those who have seen the film.

I should've put that down on the original post.
Paquita

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 12:25:14 AM »

I think what he was talking about was supposed to confuse you.  Neo had to decide whether he was lying or if it was true and only kept a secret by the survivors to keep people from losing hope.   He was saying that  the city was destroyed 5 times before but humanity wasn't wiped out because it was saved by "the one".  Each time only enough people were saved by the one to repopulate and rebuild the city.  I think he also meant that each time there was a war and the city was destroyed he tried to perfect the matrix to keep the one from foiling the plot to wipe out life that wasnt plugged in to the matrix.

i hope that helps! i was kind of confused too!!

what i want to know is at the end when Neo could kill the sentinel if it was becasue he was in still in the matrix or a differnet matrix where he still had his matrix superpowers or did he just get matrix superpowers real life?!?

love colleen
raj

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 09:25:19 AM »

Paquita wrote:

>
> what i want to know is at the end when Neo could kill the
> sentinel if it was becasue he was in still in the matrix or a
> differnet matrix where he still had his matrix superpowers or
> did he just get matrix superpowers real life?!?
>
> love colleen

That, I suspect, is what we'll find out in the conclusion.

I looked at the Architect as the god figure, who created the Matriz & the city & all.  Each time, he doesn't quite like it, so he crumples it up and starts over.

BTW, if I were Neo, I'd tell him to f' off; if he wants the Matrix destroyed, he'll have to do it himself and not pass the job off on someone else-- what, he wants a clear conscience or something?  Do your own damn dirty work, I'm off to save a hot chick.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 09:26:14 AM »

My interpretation is that Neo is the new messiah.  Of course he is God in the Matrix, but I think he also has super powers in the real world as well.  

Did anyone stay and watch the trailer for Revolutions!?!?!?  KICK ASS!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
wuggles451
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 10:47:54 AM »

the real world is also a matrix thats why smith could pass into a "real world" human body. "the prophecy" morpheous keeps blabbing about was invented by machines they think the prophecy wil lead to liberation but it really has them trapped in a life cycle they cant escape .... the matrix world , the real world none of it is real maybe neo is just a computer program himself like the keymaker or the oricle..... whoa

Funk, E.
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 02:36:45 PM »

Wuggles has my bet. The "real world" is amatrix set up to keep the "enlightened" prone humans in line by giving them a reality 2.0 that lets them think they have the leg up on the machines.
Soul Inflcted
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 03:43:44 AM »

I would have to agree..
The Architect said "Zion" had been destroyed six some times..So Zion is itself a Matrix...So there is a third level of reality (the real one?) that we haven't seen yet...I always had problems with the premise from the first Matrix about keeping people in suspended animation through and feeding them a false reality just to get from them some cerebral energy..Maybe now that isn't what is really going on after all.
Susan
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 11:57:28 AM »

SPOILER ALERT>>>>>>>

I agree about Zion being part of the Matrix- when neo stops the sentinels at the end in Zion with his "will"...as if he were IN the matrix...it seems to clue you in that  he had a little revelation which is why he turned around to test it when he should have been running for his life. I think he made the choice to believe what the architect said may be true...and that revelation takes you back to what spoonboy said. That to bend the spoon you must realize the truth - there is no spoon. Didn't it make you wonder why Neo was given the spoon as a gift? Why would you need to remind him of something he already knows about the Matrix.

That to me indicates that the real world isn't the real world after all. Concept reminds me of "the thirteenth floor". When you think about it, the levels of the matrix could be infinity. Maybe they'll never know what the real world is. Maybe they aren't real after all. ;-)

Post Edited (05-26-03 12:09)
ad
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2003, 04:01:10 AM »

The Architect gives him "two" choices when Neo visits him, but I wondered if staying in the room with the Architect was also a choice - surely if he stays in the room he won't choose anything - hence free will.

Also, if Neo is "superman" - why doesn't he just go back in time to the start of the matrix - warn his past-self or even fight the matrix from the start - assuming time in the matrix is relative to the "real" world - he could have a better chance of saving Zion.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2003, 11:58:30 AM »

I always thought it would be funny if the Terminator wre the person who created the Matrix

"Hey, I needed the money, and a good film. Dont yell at me" in an Austrian accent.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Question on The Matrix Reloaded « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.