Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:17:17 PM
714384 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you like to see an uncut version of « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Movies you like to see an uncut version of  (Read 7428 times)
Brian Ringler
« on: January 13, 2002, 11:19:07 AM »

A lot of movies are chopped to hell and sitting in the studio is the footage that had to be cut to get that R or PG-13 rating.  What movies, that haven't been, do you think should get released as an uncut version?  I think a version of Cherry Falls should be released with all the gore intact.  Also I think an R-rated cut of Can't hardly wait should be released.
Trumpy
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2002, 12:01:03 PM »

Houston 620.
AndyC
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2002, 02:10:19 PM »

All of the slasher films of the 70s and 80s.
chris
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2002, 02:20:10 PM »

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (cut for running time, not gore)
StatCat
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2002, 02:33:51 PM »

Most of the movies I ever wanted to see uncut have already received the treatment with new releases or I just buy a copy from a source that has it uncut. I would still like to see original Japanese versions of some of the godzilla films that were changed drastically be released though.
Darkstar
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2002, 03:47:22 PM »

Given that I live in the UK, I would like to see any movie uncut...

I would like to see Braindead with the original opening, the one set in the dark ages.
Future Boy 3000
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2002, 05:01:40 PM »

Chasing Amy. I know it doesn't have any gore, but I'd like to see the Pre-credits scene set at Comic Toast and Hooper's longer rant about black comic book characters. (time did them in)
Brock
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2002, 06:52:41 PM »

I'd like to see a DVD release of Romy and Michele's High School Reunion where they put the lesbian love scene back in.

Ok, so technically that scene never existed, but if they made a fake one for the DVD special edition, and put it in anyway, I betcha it'd sell a lot better.
Kolos
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2002, 09:36:26 PM »

I'd like to see uncut versions of most everything released on DVD in the "Wade Williams Collection", because as hard-core enthusiasts know, those titles have all been edited, altered, what-have-you.
Trumpey
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2002, 12:13:47 AM »

Also "The Master Killer".  The best parts of this kung fu classic are the training chambers where Gordon Lui does all this crazy s**t.  I guess the HK and also UK versions were longer with chambers that weren't in the American one.  It's Gordon Lui's best, no doubt.
BlackAngel
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2002, 05:42:40 AM »

Not movies, but tv shows I'd like to see in movie:

New York Undercover (with Malik Yoba and Michael DeLorenzo together) (R)
N.Y.P.D. Blue (R)

(Both of them in uncut versions too)
Gerry
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2002, 02:36:12 PM »

HOLLOW MAN
AndyC
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2002, 04:02:08 PM »

Actually, I would have thought that movie would have been better with fewer gratuitous shots of Kevin Bacon's weiner. Couldn't quite tell if he was 'uncut.'
AndyC
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2002, 04:06:34 PM »

I'd be curious to see David Lynch's take on Dune with some of the missing footage added in. That would, of course, depend on whether the footage consists of the missing scenes that would better explain the characters' actions and make the movie more coherent.
Neville
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2002, 06:50:06 AM »

I own a VHS restored version of "Dune" which is 135'. Looks that it has not aditional footage and that it is more or less the same old film. Anyway, it looks like the additional footage does not precisely improve the film. There are many websites which explain the main differences between the different "Dune" cuts, and they are very interesting. This one is the best I've found:

http://www.duneworld.org/movie/
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies you like to see an uncut version of « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.