Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:40:17 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WEEKEND VIEWINGS « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WEEKEND VIEWINGS  (Read 1351 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 16, 2006, 11:04:09 AM »

Here are a few that I watched over the weekend:

* THE ALPHA INCIDENT - This is a real low-budget piece of crap from director Bill Rebane (THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION).  The story involves a deadly microbe from the planet Mars that infects a group of people at a remote train station.  The plot has gigantic holes in it (for instance, the government decides to transport the deadly microbe in a freight train and the only security is one government agent who falls asleep and allows a railway worker to get into the storage car and infect himself).  Run away from this movie.  But if you MUST watch it, you can find it in the CHILLING CLASSICS 50 MOVIE PACK.

* HELL'S HOUSE - This is a good one for fans of old, black and white, juvenile delinquent movies (in the tradition of THE DEAD END KIDS).  The story involves a rural teenager whose mother dies, forcing him to move to the big city to live with his aunt and uncle.  He gets involved with bootlegger (Pat O'Brien) and his girfriend (a very young and thin Bette Davis).  The kid ends up in reform school where we get to see how the boys are subjected to inhumane treatment.  I enjoyed this movie.  You can find it in the HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS 50 MOVIE PACK.

* THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME - A much-copied story about shipwreck survivors being hunted by the owner of a mysterious island.  This classic black & white film stars Joel McRae as well as Fay Wray and Robert Armstrong (who were also in KING KONG together).  Another enjoyable movie (with a running time of about 1 hour).  You can find it in the HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS 50 MOVIE PACK.  

* PAT GARRETT AND BILLY THE KID.  See my separate thread about this one.  A solid, violent Sam Peckinpah western.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 02:38:02 PM »

"Hell's House"

The teenager was played by 17-year-old Junior Durkin, a well-liked young actor in Hollywood, who would tragically die three years later in an automobile accident in San Diego, California. Also killed was Jackie Coogan, sr., the father of Jackie Coogan, jr., who would be injured, but survive the accident.

This was Davis' second year and sixth film in Hollywood. Durkin would be one of the first to recognize Davis' talents as an actress. He was quite fond of her, so fond of her, during the film, he went around with an obvious bulge in the front of his pants, when in her presence.  While the footage of this was excised  from the final film, the outtakes made the circuit of Hollywood stag parties for many years.

"The Most Dangerous Game"

While many of the stars of "King Kong" appeared in this film, many of the people who worked behind the scenes on "King Kong" worked on this one as well. Indeed, the sets for this film should look quite familiar. As the same sets were used both for "The Most Dangerous Game" and "King Kong."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 04:54:44 PM »

Don't think I've seen THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME, but what Burgomaster said reminded me of BLOODLUST which probably came later.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 05:55:30 PM »

Scott:

BLOODLUST is basically a remake (rip-off) of THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 11:29:46 PM »

I'm going to put THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME on my list.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WEEKEND VIEWINGS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.