Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:20:07 AM
714433 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I'm Back « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I'm Back  (Read 1477 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: February 11, 2006, 12:13:45 PM »

You might have noticed that I'm posting once again, after an absence of a couple of weeks. Well, we're moved, and I finally got around to unpacking the computer. Have to get used to slow dial-up access again, at least until DSL catches up with us. We are now about 400km north/northeast of where we were, having gone from an area populated by half a million to a township of a couple thousand. The temperature is pretty darned chilly, and the snow is much more abundant than it was, as you can see:

On the other hand, check out the view from our bedroom window:

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 12:52:51 PM »

Cool view Andy, reminds of my time in the Aleutians (only we didn't have trees). Is that a mini storage unit I see across the street?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 03:55:18 PM »

Yep, there is storage across the street, but it doesn't obscure the view of the town (such that it is) as much as you might think. It actually obscures passing trains more than anything, which is why I think it was built along the road like that. Quite a lot of freight moving by rail up this way.

The view out the back, along with the size and condition of the house more than make up for the odd train though. Can't wait to get out on that lake this summer.

---------------------
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 08:13:46 PM »

That's a lake behind your house?

I assumed it was a large field covered by snow.
odinn7

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 08:30:59 PM »

That's real nice. You'll need to remember to take pictures when (if) the snow melts so we can see it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 09:57:14 PM »

Yeah, I'm told it's the largest freshwater lake in the world without any islands. It's hard to appreciate how wide the lake is until you look at a reference point such as an ice fishing hut or a passing snowmobile. The opposite shore is much farther away than it seems. I'd like to take a walk out there, but having made one attempt, I think I'll need snowshoes.

---------------------
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 10:25:52 PM »

Oh, it'll melt. We're not that far north. Mind you, we're far enough that I've been trying to figure out how to change my location on Frappr, and having no luck with it.

---------------------
ThadC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 12:03:51 PM »

Looks like where I live. I spent the weekend making tunnels in the snow drifts for the kids to play in.

(((Little purple bunnies live in my sock drawer, and they tell me to burn things.)))
Crazy people have more fun.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 03:03:42 PM »

Hey, I had  to get my snow picture in too. It snowed on Friday and the director shut down our office about 1:15 even though there was no likelyhood of it sticking to the roadways.  We have basically just had an extended fall with a drought this year, so getting the ground covered with snow was a great treat for us. We seldom get snow by itself, our winter storms usually consist of freezing rain and sleet.

You can see my neighbors barn and his big expensive cedar post and iron fence. He's the local vinyl siding king and has commercials on just about every local news cast. The barn is not used as such, but houses living quarters and a set he uses for his commercials. He also has about a 5000 sq.ft. house (with no vinyl siding), a couple of large ponds linked by a channel with a bridge over it. When he first dug them I heard the dirt work was about a quarter million dollars and he spent $85,000 getting the bridge built in Wisconsin and shipped down. The guy has more money than brains.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ThadC
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »

Don't people like that just make you want to choke them to death? Give ME some cash dude. I have a car payment past due... ;)

(((Little purple bunnies live in my sock drawer, and they tell me to burn things.)))
Crazy people have more fun.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2006, 04:13:54 PM »

Good to see AndyC and ThadC back in town. Hey........what's with all the C's? : )

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I'm Back « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.