Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:26:13 AM
714501 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Movies  (Read 1107 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 15, 2006, 05:53:49 AM »

Picked up some cheapies in  the bargin bin nearby and watched a few last night

The Devli Bat(1940) - Bela Lugosi is a scientist who's discovery of a perfume that he sold the rights to for cash led many people but him to get rich.  So for revenge he creates a giant bat attracted to a particular scent, which he puts into an aftershave he gives to his intended victims.  The Bat then attacks and kills the people wearing the scent.  Decent FX for the time and Lugosi shows again that his acting chops were way above his typecasting

Bullet Down Under(1994) - Martin Bullet (Christopher Atkins) plays a cop from the US who goes to Australia after accidentally shooting an innocent kid.  There he teams up with Jack Moran ("Jacko" Jackson of Energeizer Battery fame, Oy!) to hunt down the killer of Jack's partner.  Pretty straightforward and mindless 'cop buddy action' movie.  Christopher Atkins looks like a young Luke Skywalker, Jacko can snarl but not act, but the movie is made more interesting by a lot of intentionaly funny tongue-in-cheek dialog, and a surpsingly sexy Virgina Hey, somewhere in her career between "Warrior Women" of Road Warrior and "Zhan" of Farscape

Also managed to catch the beginning of poor Boris Karloff iin the very bad, very cheap The Fear Chamber.  Also on the disk with The Devil Bat is Lugosi in The Ape Man, and picked up a very young Jack Nickleson in an old Roger Corman film, "The Terror" which I'l watch over the next few nights

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 08:10:56 AM »

I reviewed Bullet Downunder sometime last year. The DVD I have has a terrible soundtrack, but the thing that bothered me most about the movie was Jacko's naked ass ruining Virginia Hey's nudie bits. Talk about rough sex!

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 06:01:31 PM »

The DVD I have has a terrible soundtrack,

Mine too...seemed to be dstrorted even at low volumes

but the thing that bothered me most about the movie was Jacko's naked ass ruining Virginia Hey's nudie bits. Talk about rough sex!

Very true!  Thanks for reminding me

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  New Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.