Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:40:01 PM
714450 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Seven Doors of Death (The Beyond) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seven Doors of Death (The Beyond)  (Read 3027 times)
Scott
« on: January 18, 2002, 11:19:21 PM »

Viewed my Diamond copy of SEVEN DOORS OF DEATH by Fulci. This was an ok film. Some really grotesque scenes. The music stunk (IMO). The copy I had was a wide screen version and visually was good. The zombie scene at the end you might like, it was well done. At times I was thrown off by the phony dubbed southern accents, but that was ok. Most of all I had trouble connecting with this film. Though I'm glad to have it as part of my new collection of DVD's. It's missing something. Let me see an Ed Wood film over this Fulci film anyday.
StatCat
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2002, 11:56:43 PM »

I recently saw the tin edition for $15 at best buy but they only had one so I'm not sure on how available it is. I like most of the music in the beyond but some of it isn't too great like you said. I prefer zombie over it based on my own personal tastes. I'm not much of a Fulci fan myself but I do like zombie, the beyond and house by the cemetery. Pretty much everything else I've seen by him so far hasn't impressed me. (demonia, cat in the brain etc.)
Scott
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2002, 12:12:25 AM »

Yes, ZOMBIE is a truely great zombie flick. I just seen at my local video store THE BLIND DEAD and the sequel for $9.99 distributed by Anchor Bay and I believe I'll be picking that up soon. The copy of SEVEN DOORS OF DEATH that I have I bought for $6.99 and is a Diamond Entertainment version. One of the best scenes in THE SEVEN DOORS OF DEATH is the simple scene were the mob are approaching the house in boats. Great photography/cinetography.
StatCat
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2002, 12:21:06 AM »

Pick up tombs of the blind dead and return of the blind dead, for $10 you can't go wrong wth those films. Alot of nice atmosphere and the templar knights are unlike any zombie you'll ever see. Horror of the zombies and night of the seagulls are the 3rd and 4th films that weren't released on current video/dvd but they are worth looking into if you liked the first two movies.
John
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2002, 01:30:53 AM »

Is the Diamond DVD of "SEVEN DOORS OF DEATH" the same Uncut version of "THE BEYOND" that Anchor Bay has released?

Because, if the Diamond DVD of this Lucio Fulci film is Uncut, then at $6.99, it sounds like a great deal.
Scott
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2002, 09:07:14 AM »

well, they have alot of eyeballs hanging out in the Diamond version and many other hideous deaths. If this film has been cut I would be surprised.
StatCat
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2002, 10:20:05 AM »

No I don't think the diamond version is cut it's just using the alternate title that was originally cut when it hit video in the 80s.
Scott
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2002, 10:29:20 AM »

The Blind Dead and Return of the Blind Dead is a double feature put out by Anchor Bay at $9.99
Abby
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2002, 05:08:08 PM »

It's not cut -- it was taken from the laserdisc re-master, thus it's quite a good Diamond bargain.

The Blind Dead double set is great, too.
Brian Ringler
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2002, 02:17:10 AM »

The anchor bay dvd is listed at 88 minutes long while the diamond dvd is listed at 80 minutes long.  So it seems the diamond dvd is cut.
Scott
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2002, 08:57:26 AM »

Well this Diamond version has so much in the way of the grusome and grotestque that I find it hard to believe that they could possible come up with more flesh mutilating scenes without becoming DEAD ALIVE film. Can anyone verify this? Either its been cut or someone can't tell time. The Diamond version does say 80 minutes.
Chris K.
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2002, 01:14:02 PM »

I have seen the Diamond DVD of THE SEVEN DOORS OF DEATH and I was unimpressed. I cannot remember if any sequences were cut out of the Diamond version or not, but the picture quality was not great and the suppliments are VERY LIMITED.

The uncut and restored to crystal clarity of Anchor Bay's DVD is the one you want to go for if you really liked the film. With AB version you get the original title, original music, and uncut format. That and the suppliments are great. I really can't spoil it for you, but if you can get the AB DVD at a cheaper price then by all means get that version.
Scott
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2002, 02:17:37 PM »

Sounds good for those who really loved the movie. I have not seen both versions so i can't compare the two really. I was satisfied with the quality of the Diamond version.  The film in general won't let me pay more since because the music turned me off and now I have a good idea of the film after seeing the cheaper version. As far  just viewing it and getting the atmosphere of the whole film then Diamond is good at $6.99. I really can't imagine anything being cut out of the Diamond version. The film is chuck full of blood and guts.
John
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2002, 03:17:26 PM »

I did some research and I found out that the Diamond DVD of Lucio Fulci's "Seven Doors Of Death" aka "The Beyond" is indeed the Uncut version of this Italian Horror film classic. It's true, that there are no extras on the Diamond DVD, but if you are looking to own one of Lucio Fulci's best films on DVD, then the Diamond DVD is great deal for the money. From what I've heard the picture and sound quality is quite good, and it's an improvement over the old VHS release, and it's Uncut as well. The extras on the Anchor Bay DVD are great to have as well, it all depends how much you want to spend on the film.

I think I'm going to pick up the Diamond DVD of "Seven Doors Of Death" the next time I see it, if I can't find the Anchor Bay DVD cheap, then I think I'll pick up the Diamond DVD.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Seven Doors of Death (The Beyond) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.