Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:48:49 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cool Movies and Models @ Monsters in Motion « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cool Movies and Models @ Monsters in Motion  (Read 1835 times)
John Morgan
« on: January 16, 2002, 07:28:34 PM »

I know a post below on B-Movie Models covered this but I thought I would show you what you can get from them:

This is a model of Godzilla that when finished will be a FULLY POSEABLE figure of the Millennium Godzilla.  The model was only released in Japan.  

Right now, my model looks like this:

With the help of some guys in a Kaiju Model Group on Yahoo, I hope to make it look like the first picture, (Which is off the box).

The instructions, however, look like this:

It's going to be fun.  (I do have a guy in Japan translating them for me.)
John Morgan
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2002, 07:30:00 PM »

Monsters in Motion has also given me some advice too on how to build it.

Service after the sale too!
Lee
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2002, 12:20:09 AM »

Good luck with the model John! Remeber smile while you are doing it. Have a little fun with it. It's what I do to lessen the stress when I have no idea what the hell I'm doing! :)
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2002, 06:31:55 PM »

Way cool stuff,man. Wish i had the cash and time to do half of the monsters they have. And the mecha and veihacles.....and ...oh, why go on. At least i can look...for now...hummmm.....
Hairzilla
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2002, 10:24:05 PM »

I know exACTly what you mean, Flange'. While at a sci-fi con that came to my area last summer I saw a number of inCREDible "kaiju" models and display figures that I would have LOVED to have been able to buy! If memory serves correctly, in addition to seeing the actual model that John has provided the stellar pic of [Thanks John, it rocks! Good luck!] which looks even cooler live and in person, there was also this beeeUtiful display figure of the modern day Gamera that had me wishing I was independently wealthy.

Speaking of these particular monsters, I've been wanting to post this for some time now, just to see what the general Phorum populace [or just the giant monster fans] might think, and now seems to be as good a time as any...

With the successes of both the modern day Godzilla and Gamera films [And, believe it or not, the Gamera series is actually better!] plus the fact that the main individual responsible for the latest, highly acclaimed 'zilla film, currently showing in Japan, also pretty much single handedly made Gamera respectable, I would LOVE to see Toho and Daei studios agree on a Gamera vs Godzilla film!

Done with the same obvious care as the Gamera series or Godzilla 2000, this WOULD be the GREATEST monster movie EVER made!

On one side there's the REAL Godzilla: Basically indestructable, as well as immortal, due to his healing factor ["Regenerator G-1"...Gad, that has to be up there with the WORST names ever given to anything in a monster movie!] impervious to all known weaponry [Well, except for the Oxygen Destroyer.], and able to fire nuclear level blasts...

On the other side is the modern day Gamera: An artificial life form created for the purpose of guarding the Earth, who also spits atomic level fireballs and can, if necessary, harness the energies of the freakin' WORLD into a concentrated super blast to destroy his opponant. [Not to mention that he can also be guided by a human being if the have a certain tailisman, giving him an additional advantage.]    

Man, I WANNA see these two clash on the big screen! But, a movie pitting Godzilla against Gamera could ONLY end in a stalemate due to the fact that, in all probability, neither studio would be willing to have THEIR monster be the loser. So, what do you guys think, which one would, logically, come out on top? Every time I choose one, I rethink it moments later....

Ok, I just got psyched out about a giant monster movie that'll NEVER even be considered....I love this place! Heheheh
Flangepart
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2002, 12:44:41 PM »

See, i'm not alone! Hair, do you read G-FAN? I get it every two months at the Laughting Ogre., my one stop Comic Store. When they had their "Kaiju rumble", with winners chosen by the percentage of fan's voteing on each pair of monsters, G Vs. G was a draw! They wrote each fight as a short piece, and gave the ruleing percentages at the bottom. I think Godzilla Vs. Gamera was 51% to 49% respectivly. We Kaiju fans know : Its too close to call. And Toho will never let Godzilla loose, not in any undoubted way. Such a film could be done....but how? What would the script look like? Ah,well....we can dream, can't we?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cool Movies and Models @ Monsters in Motion « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.