Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:27:36 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PRIME TIME (1977) - The comedy to offend everyone! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PRIME TIME (1977) - The comedy to offend everyone!  (Read 1901 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 15, 2006, 06:21:24 PM »

This movie is included in the recently released DRIVE-IN MOVIE CLASSICS 50 MOVIE PACK.

This movie is about an unidentified radical force taking over television broadcasts.  This results in a series of juvenile parodies of TV shows and commercials.  In a nutshell, this is a cheap version of movies like THE GROOVE TUBE and KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE.  The various skits poke fun at just about every religion, every ethnic group, every physical and mental handicap, etc.  Some of the skits include:

* A commercial for a feminine hygiene product

* A public service announcement with the motto "Fire the handicapped . . . they're nothing but trouble."

* A parody of CHARLIE'S ANGELS called MANNY'S NYMPHS (the women are all fat . . . one appears in a bikini and all 3 of them show their asses)

* A sporting event called "The Charles Whitman Invitational" in which hunters with rifles try to shoot people from a tower in a courtyard (based on a real life sniper incident).  Somehow, they got WARREN OATES to star in this segment!

* A telethon for sexual deviants

* A commercial for an oil company that uses black slaves for manual labor

* A commercial for a Puerto Rican airline (the stewardess has a gold tooth and there is a crucifix hanging on the wall in the plane)

* Various travel commercials ("Visit Ireland" . . . and they show tourists being shot at by the IRA; "Visit India" . . . and they show tourists being aggravated by merchants in the marketplace) - - you get the idea

* A commercial for a sperm bank that has a night deposit box (and other great benefits)

* A singing cowboy:  "Old Ben Lucus / Had a lot of mucus / Coming right out of his nose . . . "

* A TV show about a frontier gynecologist

* Plus many, many more.

Somehow, they managed to cram all of this into a movie that only runs about 75 minutes.  Most of it is pretty stupid, but I did laugh a few times.  If you are easily offended, this movie is not for you.  Luckily, NOTHING offends me.

Even if you hate the movie, you might enjoy spotting various character actors who have cameo roles.  Warren Oates was probably the most famous of them.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 10:29:12 PM »

The Burgomaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Somehow, they managed to cram all of this into a
> movie that only runs about 75 minutes.  Most of it
> is pretty stupid, but I did laugh a few times.  If
> you are easily offended, this movie is not for
> you.  Luckily, NOTHING offends me.

Sounds like a challenge to me.

What was the site that did a little write up on these KFM also-rans?  Cold Fusion?

I've got one of these on VHS called AMERICAN TICKLER.  Its claim to fame is that it has Joe Piscopo in it.  It's about as godawful as you would expect.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
plan9superfan
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 04:33:10 PM »

THE POCORN YOU ARE EATING HAS BEEN p**sED IN. FILM AT ELEVEN

WILO Eyewitness News. It mstters to you.
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 09:26:55 PM »

Sounds  like Tunnel Vision which featured Howard Hessman as a FCC official and Phil Proctor as the head of a network airing offensive programs.

There are several SNL and SCTV regulars in it, along with some well-known VO people (Danny Dark, Sam Riddle and Ernie Anderson).
peter johnson

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 10:09:35 PM »

Ah, Tunnelvision!  The only KFM ripoff to be reviewed in The New Yorker by Pauline Kael -- she DIDN'T despise it!
Also appearing in Tunnelvision are Betty Thomas -- ex-Hill St. Blues cop turned film director -- as a topless TV gameshow constestant trying to embarrass herself to win prizes -- She and her husband have 10 seconds to fart, or something like that -- being a Canadian, she guested regularly on SCTV --
Al Franken is in a particularly dumb swimmingpool skit with his old comedy partner Tom Davis.  
Now, does anyone out there know whatever became of Tom Davis?  Like him or hate him, Franken is doing very well for himself these days, but he never mentions Tom Davis -- remember?  It used to be "The Franken and Davis Show" on SNL -- Where is he now?
Anyway, Phil Proctor has about 6 billion credits in the IMDB -- including . . . wait for it . . .
RRRROBOCHIC!!!
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
odinn7

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 07:18:43 AM »

Peter...you're always mentioning ROBOCHIC...I think perhaps you are hot for one of the babes that played her...I'm just not sure which one yet.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
peter johnson

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 10:38:20 PM »

Eh, I plug my minor contibution to badmovies insanity whenever I can, for, as some posts reveal, there are still many here amongst us who have never seen it/me.
     As has been observed recently, very few movies here earn the coveted Single Skull as "films void of any merit".    Robochic is one such.
     Never mind the fact that it was the Number One rental in Hong Kong and Russia(!?!?) the year it was released (1990), and that fans there still write the director --
     And, of course, the biggest reason I love it is that I met and worked with Phil Proctor of The Firesign Theatre, my all-time favorite comedy group/theatre group.
     Those of you who don't know what a "Firesign Theatre" is, please go to www.firesigntheatre.com
and see for yourself.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PRIME TIME (1977) - The comedy to offend everyone! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.