Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:39:37 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell (1991)?? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell (1991)??  (Read 5619 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« on: March 17, 2006, 01:16:56 PM »

While doing some IMDB research on another movie, I spied this title and was intriqued.

A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell (1991)

The cast is mostly unknown one-timers (sharing credits with production jobs..my kind of flick in a way), with the exception of Alex Pirnie who had a bit part (a mutant SQUIRRELL...) in Class of Nukem High Part 2.

Brett Piper directed and some of his other writing/directing credits look interesting as well.  His credits include mostly videos, but features include They Bite (1996) which might be a little raw, and has the ever lovable Ron Jeremy in the cast, Mysterious Planet (1982) and Raiders of the Living Dead (1986) (as writer, not director).

I don't usually browse IMDB for movies to hunt for, but these caught my eye. Anyone here seen any of these (or those by director Samuel Sherman) and can offer comments?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
raj

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 01:33:58 PM »

jcpenney.imdb.com ?
where did jcpenney come from?
plan9superfan
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 05:10:02 PM »

Sounds like a cheap rip-off of "Teenage Caveman"...
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 05:12:50 PM »

plan9superfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like a cheap rip-off of "Teenage
> Caveman"...

Dear God....dare you utter any reference to the evil beast that is Larry Clark?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
plan9superfan
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 05:19:40 PM »

Hey, lay off on Clark. "KIds" kicked ass!
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 05:58:11 PM »

Movies by Brett Piper are usually pretty enjoyable.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
dean

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 01:52:20 AM »

Looking at the credits I had a chuckle over the people credited as 'Secondary Reptilian Goon'.

It's just silly.

Anyways don't know a thing about these films, but for Nymphoid, I found it interesting that IMDB reccomends that if you like this film, you'll like 'Super Mario Bros.'

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Fearless Freep

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 08:41:17 AM »

I've seen this movie...don't remember much about it but I seem to remember that the title is a bit misleading...

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 11:46:51 AM »

Ya think?
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 02:14:41 PM »

Something Tells Me That A Movie With A Title Like That Sure as Hell Ain't Gonna Be Nominated For An Oscar!!
plan9superfan
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 04:30:31 PM »

No s**t, Sherlock.
The Conqueroo
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 06:51:45 PM »

Speaking of Horror Movies,"Larry the Cable Guy"has a Movie coming out this week.It's called "Larry The Cable Guy:Health Inspector".
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 10:49:02 PM »

The movie starts with a voiceover of some random scenes from the movie.  The strange thing is that this tries to support the title as a good choice.  Then you watch the rest of the film and wonder why in the heck they called it "A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell."  The only hanky-panky encounters I remember the girl was not a willing participant.  In fact, I think she either hurts them and gets away or a dinosaur eats the would be rapists.  Strange.

The dinosaurs were interesting, because I remember them being stop motion.  Nothing amazing, but stop motion and not terrible like someone's failed high school project.  The rest of the movie was just sort of a mind-numbing run around in a lost world setting.  However, I have some feeling that the movie was set after a nuclear war destroyed civilization.  That might be other movies creeping in, because it has been about 6 years or more since I watched it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Toni
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 09:08:32 PM »

This movie is HILARIOUS! It's available on Netflix if you have it. I highly recommend watching this with a couple friends and a 2 drink minimum.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »

I saw it a long time ago.  There was no nudity or sex - surprising for a Troma film - but it was kinda goofy fun.  Worth at least one viewing.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell (1991)?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.