Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:45:49 PM
714456 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Concerning the end of "Arrested Development" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Concerning the end of "Arrested Development"  (Read 1175 times)
nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 29, 2006, 09:04:37 PM »

I can't think of any sitcom I loved more than "Arrested Development." I'm always concerned about a favorite show of mine wearing out it's welcome (the way "The Simpsons" tragically did), but I had faith in the writers of this show and believed they could keep it fresh for at least a season longer. I was really hoping Fox would sell the show to Showtime so it could live on to at least a 4th season. But after reading this article I'm glad the show is dying. I'll always have my 3 fantastic seasons to watch on DVD, I don't really need a 4th anymore.

(BTW, if you don't read the entire article, at least read up to the 5th paragraph- that's the knife in the back.)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117940467?categoryid=1417&cs=1&s=h&p=0

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:06:17 PM »

Wow. I thought that arrangement was Showtime was a done deal.

Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 08:28:44 AM »

LH-C,

The arrangement with Showtime is almost solid, but there hasn't been an offical word just yet.  It seems that Mitch Hurwtiz got tired of sitting around waiting for a yes/no on the deal, and has left the show.  This is pretty much the last dying breath for the show, as Mitch was it's creator and the brains behind it all.

I'm sort of glad to see the show go.  I've been a HUGE fan and I absolutely love the first two seasons.  But, they changed writers in season three, and the show lost a lot of the magic it originally had.  I actually missed the last few episodes that were aired on the same night, as I didn't see any advertising about it.  The last episode that I saw, was the quite underwhelming "special episode" with the 3D-Glasses gags, and the "someone is going to die" thing.  I know that they were going for a cheesy, end of the series type thing...but it just didn't work for me.

I'll buy season three to put on my shelf beside season one and two.  Hopefully in those last few episodes that I missed, they cleared up a few questions.  I mean, is Maeby really George-Micahel's cousin?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
peter johnson

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 12:01:55 AM »

This soo sucks big time --
Phil Proctor from Firesign Theatre was JUST hired on in a recurring role as the preacher who put on the beauty pagent at the State Fair -- he was supposed to reappear in subsequent roles as a cult leader ---
Damn
We gets no respect . . .
peter crane/drenny johnhoj

I have no idea what this means.
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 10:23:07 AM »

Television... never my favorite place for entertainment. I'll be honest though, I haven't seen AD for awhile and I really don't miss it.... the same goes for the Simpsons. Officially, when someone asks me if I want to watch a show on tv, I tell them I have better things to do.... like go outside, talk to human beings face-to-face, work, exercise, eat, sleep, read, explore...
dean

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 11:16:14 AM »

Just Plain Horse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Officially, when
> someone asks me if I want to watch a show on tv, I
> tell them I have better things to do.... like go
> outside, talk to human beings face-to-face, work,
> exercise, eat, sleep, read, explore...

Yeah, I barely watch TV anymore at all, except for a few minor shows when they do happen to be on.

Though us having five main channels here [not counting cable, which I don't have] then that probably makes sense:  I am a big fan of watching DVDs of TV shows though [just got through AD season two coincidentally]

Wait a second!!

Just Plain Horse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>Officially, when
> someone asks me if I want to watch a show on tv, I
> tell them I have better things to do.... like go
> outside, talk to human beings face-to-face, work,
> exercise, eat, sleep, read, explore...

What, actually do things of benefeit?  What the hell are you doing here then!!! Go and watch a crappy movie immediately!!  

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
daveblackeye15

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 12:00:18 PM »

My house has had to cut the cable to save money. I don't miss cable that much however there are a few shows I do miss. Like the excellent "Avatar the Last Air Bender", "The Boondocks', "Moral Orel" was kind of interesting. I have been wanting to watch "The Shield" and "24" for a few years but I can just pick up the DVD sets.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 12:39:55 PM »

Dave,

Good to see someone else who is a fan of Avatar.  My wife and I both love that show.  Same goes for Boondocks and Morel Orel, which is one of the funniest shows on TV in years.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 09:31:37 PM »

Since you're a fan of those Skaboi, how is the second season of Avatar so far? (no spoilers)

I'm glad I had my cable long enough to catch the spectacular season finale!

And does every episode of Moral Oral still end with the Dad's pants dropping? I've only seen up to the disturbing episode where Oral get's a job at the store.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 09:36:18 AM »

Dave,

Sadly, I haven't watched any of Season 2 yet.  We've been super busy lately and haven't had much time to watch TV.  I do need to pickup the first season on DVD though...

As for Morel Orel, yep every episode ends with the pants dropping.  I'm not quite sure what is up with that.  It certainly has some very disturbing overtones.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Concerning the end of "Arrested Development" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.