Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:09:03 AM
714432 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: That Wacko Nigerian Government « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: That Wacko Nigerian Government  (Read 939 times)
Menard
« on: April 10, 2006, 09:11:17 AM »

I received this email, purportedly from a Nigerian Government official, about the oh so common Nigerian scam. Aside from it being laughable due to the poor spelling and hideous grammar, it is sad that the bastards who perpetrated the Nigerian scam are now re-targeting victims of the scam by suggesting that they are the Nigerian government and they are here to help them recoup their losses. It is low enough to steal from someone, but to return to target the same people again? Sheesh!!!

The Email: (I did highlight a particularly funny attempt at a name)

OFFICE OF THE CONTROL GENERAL

N .E .A .F .C .A. S .C. S. I. U.

ZONE A HEADQUATERS ABUJA NIGERIA.

ATTN; SIR/MA,

COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON.

WE KNOW THAT THIS LETTER WILL NOT BE A SUPRISE TO YOU OUR GOOD FRIEND,BUT IF YOU ARE SUPRISE ,WE SINCERELY AND KINDLY APPOLOGISE.

THIS IS A LETTER FROM THE NIGERIAN ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME AND SCAM COMMISSION SPECIAL INVESTIGATION UNIT HEAD QUATERS ZONE A ABUJA NIGERIA.

THIS OFFICE WAS CREATED BY THE ENTIRE NIGER IAN GOVERNMENT, SURPORTTED BY GENUINE NIGERIAN CITIZENS ON THE 16TH DAY OF JANUARY BEING MONDAY 2006, AFTER VARIOUS AND SERIES OF MEETING HELD WITH THE PRESIDENT CONCERNING THE FRAUDULENT PETITONS BY THE VARIOUS FOREIGN BODIES OF DIFFERENT COUNTRIES,CONCERNING HOODLUMS AND SCAMMERS HERE IN NIGERIA.

SIR/MA,THIS OFFICE WILL LIKE TO KNOW IF AT ANY POINT IN TIME YOU HAD EVER INVOLVED IN BUSINES TRANSACTION CONCERNING TRANSFFERING OF MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT WITH ANY NIGERIAN CITIZEN OR YOU HAD DONE ANY BUSSINES TRANSACTION WITH ANY NIGERIAN CITIZEN AT ALL, OF WHICH YOU HAVE BEEN PAYING YOUR MONEY TO THEM AND HOPING THEM TO TRANSFFER MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AND YOU ARE SUSPECTING IT TO BE A SCAM, FRAUDULENT OR 419. PLEASE IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN THIS, THIS OFFICE WILL LIKE YOU TO SEND THESE REQUIRED INFORMATION TO US.

1. YOUR FULL NAME,

2. YOUR PHONE AND FAX NUMBER.

3.THE AMOUNT YOU PAY TO THEM.

1.YOUR BUSSINES ASSOCIA TES HERE IN NIGERIA FULL NAME

2.HIS/! HER PHON E AND FAX NUMBERS,

3.HIS/HER PICTCTURES IF YOU LIKE.

MY FRIEND,IF YOU CAN PROVIDE ALL THESE INFORMATION FOR US, WE PROMISE TO HELP YOU GET THOESE SCAM ARRESTET,BUT THIS CAN BE ACHIEVED ONLY IF YOU SINCERELY COPERATE WITH US AND HELP US TOO TO HELP YOU.

WE MUST HELP YOU WE PROMISE.

BE INFORMED THAT SINCE ON THE 3RD OF FEBRUARY 2006, WE HAVE ARRESTED SO MANY OF THESE PEOPLE AND SOME THAT REFUNDED THE MONEY THAT WAS COLLECTED BY THEM AND THE MONEY HAS JUST LAST WEEK BEEN GIVEN TO THE FOREIGNERS CONCERNED.EXAMPLES -: MR ROBERT FROM CALIFORNIA,MR RICHARD FROM LONDON,DR. HIDE FROM BRITAIN,MRS. SUSAN BOB FROM USA ETC.THESE PEOPLE HAVE COLLECTED THERE MONEY RECOVERED BY US.

INCASE,IF YOU ARE INVOLVED OF YOU NEED YOUR MONEY, REPORT TO OUR OFFICE SO THAT WE CAN HELP YOU OUT.

BE REST ASSURED THAT THE NIGERIAN PRESIDENT AND OTHER FELLOW CITIZENS OFTHE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITIES THAT RECOVERED THEIRS WERE VERY VERY HAPPY WITH US. SO,IF YO U ARE INVOLVED AND INTERESTED,YOU CAN FREELY SEND YOUR REPORT DOWN TO THE ABOVE OFFICES MAIL ADDRESS WITH THE REQUIRED INFORMATION,

PLEASE,BE WARNED THAT THIS OFFICE IS HAVING ONLY FOUR DIFFERENT E-MAIL ADDRESSES WITH THE ZONE'S NUMBER FOR NOW AND THESE ZONESARE REPRESENTING NINE STATE (9) EACH IN NIGERIA.ANYTHING ABOVE OR LESSER THAN THAT IS A SCAM OR FALSE FOR NOW.DON'T BE DECEIVED OR SCAMMED AGAIN.YOU ARE

FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTION FOR NOW.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

YOUR FAITHFULLY,

MAJOR GEN.A.B.B. UTOMI.

- neaf cascsiu
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 09:59:52 AM »

Damn! That was a scam? I wondered why my millions haven't shown up yet.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 10:09:12 AM »

Menard, What is sad is that there are people who will fall for this.

Have you tried 'baiting?'  Check out 419eater, it's a lot of fun.  I really like the ones that get photos of their Mgimbo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
odinn7

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 02:01:09 PM »

ulthar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Menard, What is sad is that there are people who
> will fall for this.
>
> Have you tried 'baiting?'  Check out 419eater,
> it's a lot of fun.  I really like the ones that
> get photos of their Mgimbo.
>
> --------------------------------------------------
> ----------------------------------------------
>
> Professor:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
> Student:      I've been giving myself shock
> treatments.
> Professor: Up the voltage.
>
> --Real Genius

I am a member of the Eater and I have been baiting scammers...good fun. If you consider doing it, let me know and I'll help you out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 02:01:47 PM »

I've got my spam filters set to the max and I still get these e-mails.
One or two will slip through every couple of weeks.
Even worse, if I'm on Yahoo Messenger I'll get them as instant messages.

Thankfully, there's a spam button I can push.

It's funny when I think about it...
I picture a skinny Nigerien man sitting at a computer typing away while another Nigerian man paces back & forth behind him, dictating what he wants the e-mail to say.
raj

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 02:41:32 PM »

Now these are villians I'd like to see James Bond take on.
odinn7

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 02:49:45 PM »

ASHTHECAT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
a spam button I can push.
>
> It's funny when I think about it...
> I picture a skinny Nigerien man sitting at a
> computer typing away while another Nigerian man
> paces back & forth behind him, dictating what
> he wants the e-mail to say.
>

Actually, these are form letters that their Oga has paid someone to write for them. They give these letters to people they have working for them and they spend hours at internet cafes sending these out. When they get a reply, they sort through the serious ones and then pass them on to someone higher up who takes them from there. It's a fairly well organized process for the most part and make no mistake, these people are serious criminals and it is a multi-million dollar business...people do fall for these and do lose real money.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: That Wacko Nigerian Government « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.