Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:41:11 AM
714471 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Revenge of Dr. X (1970) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Revenge of Dr. X (1970)  (Read 889 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: April 11, 2006, 02:06:17 PM »

THE REVENGE OF DR. X (1970) - Phew......this one was written by Ed Wood Jr.. It's about a NASA scientist who needs a break and goes to Japan, but before leaving he picks up a Venus Fly Trap. In a greenhouse on a mountain top in Japan near a volcanic mountain our scientist grows a flesh eating monster. Western actor James Craig plays the mad scientist and he has a Japanese woman assistant and an Igor type running around. There is one scene where the scientist is out at the beach looking for something for his experiment and comes in contact via his assistant with four baretopped Japanese woman who help him out. The funny part is that he doesn't seem at all distracted by this as he explains what he's looking for and they all dive into the reef area. The monster would have been a bit better had the film been in b/w and they didn't play this silly music all through the film. It's part of my 50 Chilling Movies Pack. There are some classic Ed Wood dialogue especially right at the beginning of the film. I'm not advising that you see this film, but if your on a mission to find all Ed Wood material then this must be on your list.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:13:56 PM »

I watched this CHILLING CLASSICS selection a few weeks ago.  The monster was absolutely ridiculous, but what else would you expect from anything that Ed Wood was involved in?  I thought this was an excellent late-night (I think I started watching it after midnight) bad movie selection.  Pure stinko entertainment.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Revenge of Dr. X (1970) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.