Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:57:46 PM
714501 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movies are these? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What movies are these?  (Read 2755 times)
JR
« on: January 23, 2002, 11:30:48 PM »

I watched tons of cheesy and bad horror movies as a kid and have memories of quite a few films that I can't recall very much about, including the titles.  I have a couple books, like the Psychotronic Video Guide and Phantom of the Movies Videoscope, that have helped me figure out what these movies were, but I can't figure a few out still.

1.  From 80's probably-- There are people having lots of hallucinations or perhaps they are supernatural things happening in a haunted house or something.  One happens when a guy is underground, I think.  He sees stop motion food products, like a doughnut, maybe, dancing around.  I wish I could remember more, but that's all I have to go on.  Hopefully somebody knows what I'm talking about.

2.  Also from the 80's I think-- This one I figured out what it was a while back, but my ADD has caused me to forget it again.  Anywho, a boy gets kidnapped by two old people in a car.  The one old guy has a disfigured hand.  They use a rag with chemicals on it to knock him out.  It seems like they were at the Alamo or some historic place before it happened.  This movie I think has a showdown between some bad guy and the kid's dad at the end.  Possible that it had to do with spies or something.

3.  Late 70s-80s--  I don't think it is the same movie as 2, but it has another boy having to fight off some guy when he breaks into his family's motor home.  I saw it on A&E a few years back.

Movies I've figured out include The Pit, The Believers, Invaders from Mars (80's version) which may give you a time frame of the movies I watched as a kid.
Ringneck
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2002, 11:50:15 PM »

JR, Number 2 is, I think "Cloak and Dagger".  The boy is running from spies because his video game (called cloak and dagger) is secretly implanted with spy data that displays when you hit a certain level.  He is on the look out for a spy with a gympie hand when an old couple befriends him, and actually believe his story.  Once in their vehicle he sees the old woman dowsing a rag with drops from a bottle and she pulls off here dainty with, you guessed it, a gympie hand.  He then gets knocked out.  The scene you mention, a chase in a mall, and the basic plot are about all I remember.  I think the Comic Book Store Guy from the SImpsons is based on a similar character from this movie.

BradLaGrange
Mofo Rising
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 12:46:33 AM »

It's a long shot, but number one could be YOUNG EINSTEIN.  I know there are a lot of hallucination scenes in this movie, and at one point "young" Watson has a hallucination that he has being attacked by dancing food.

That's my only idea.
John
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2002, 01:34:59 AM »

2 and 3 sound a little bit like "Death Valley", an 80's Slasher film with Wilford Brimley, Catherine Hicks, and Edward Hermann.
JR
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 02:05:57 AM »

"Cloak and Dagger" and "Death Valley!"  Thanks guys, that was quick.  Yeah, I know the first one isn't Young Einstein, it was definitely a horror film... Maybe it wasn't a hallucination and I've just used that to make the scene make more sense.   Hopefully it is a movie and not a TV show or something.  I know I was pretty young when I saw it.  I think it was a group of teenagers in a house or castle or something and the part I'm thinking of the guy goes down like a mine or something under the house.  The little food guys seem cute at first and then they just go apes**t on the guy, I think.  Man, I'm reaching here.  I wish I could remember some other scenes from it.
Dwight Fry
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2002, 09:28:31 AM »

...but Young Sherlock Holmes (1985), directed by Barry Levinson, written by Chris Columbus and produced by Spielberg.
Lee
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2002, 10:41:46 AM »

OK I'm going a little off topic here sorry. JR, I don't think your ADD is why you couldn't remeber more than a few details of those movies. Like you said you were younge when you saw them and when your younge you tend to not pay attention to a whole lot of details. Granted ADD is an attention disorder(I have it to) but I don't think this is part of it.
JR
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2002, 12:58:36 PM »

Actually, it has nothing to do with my ADD.  I watched these movies with my two older sisters, and whenever I bring them up, they don't remember them at all, so at least my memory of them is better than theirs.
JR
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2002, 01:12:02 PM »

Sorry Ringneck, I can see that's what you meant, now.  Thanks for clearing it up Dwight.  I can't believe it was Young Sherlock Holmes.  I went to the iMDB and checked it out, and as I read some of the comments, more of the movie came back.  Granted, I had to have been around four or five when I saw it, but it scared the living hell out of me.  That's why I thought it was a horror movie I guess, because all I remembered were the deaths and army of pastries.  What's sad is that I knew I'd seen Young Sherlock Holmes and had seperated the plot of him and Watson from the actual case they were probing, and thought they were two different movies.  I really need to watch this again, and laugh at the stuff that scared me when I was little.  I'm sure it's much worse in my head than what was actually on the screen.

Thanks a ton, guys!  If I have anymore vague memories of movies (and I know there are a couple that I just can't think of right now), this looks like the place to figure them out.
Lee
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2002, 04:07:01 PM »

I bet your sisters remeber every single moment where you did something they didn't like. I'm still getting in trouble for stuff that happened so long ago I don't remeber doing it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movies are these? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.