Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:01:53 PM
714453 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad DVD Features. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bad DVD Features.  (Read 1966 times)
John Morgan
« on: January 25, 2002, 11:27:40 AM »

I asked before about cool features on DVDs and which ones are the best.  Now here is the opposite question.  

What DVDs out there have extra features that arn't up to what they could be?  

Lame comentaries, boring documentories on how they made the movie, or features that only work if you have a particular type DVD player.
Gerry
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2002, 12:51:36 PM »

I'm personally annoyed by DVD-Rom only features.  I don't have a DVD-Rom or plan to get one anytime soon, so these features are completely useless to me.
Greywizard, The Unknown Movies
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2002, 04:09:54 PM »

The three Rambo movies each have a lame feature that leads you to believe they are documentaries about the making of the movies. But they are simply short features made up of highlights of the respective movie, randomly edited together.

They also each have a triva quiz that, if you answer all ten questions in a row correctly, you see five seconds of the short-lived Rambo cartoon series. Whoo!

RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART TWO and RAMBO III each have very lame commentaries - the directors sound extremely bored, and they are silent a lot. However, FIRST BLOOD has one of the *best* DVD commentaries I've ever listened to. It's by David Morrell, who wrote the original novel, and he talks virtually non-stop about how the novel originated, trivia about the making of the movie, comparing the novel with the movie, and much more. It's not boring for a second.
The Bard
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2002, 09:59:28 PM »

An inability to control commentary and normal volume p**ses me off.
Rev. Darkstar
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2002, 07:46:04 AM »

Photo galleries are the dullest feature of any DVD, does anyone actually want 20-30 pictures of a movie they've just seen?
Lee
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2002, 01:06:23 PM »

What's up with the commentary track for Kiss Of The Dragon?! Whenever Jet is the one speaking it's great. He's really into it and you can just imagine him running around the room while he's talking about the movie! Nahon, the director, needs some caffeen.  When he's saying something he sounds like he is about to fall a sleep. He's hard to understand as well. I think he talks about what is happening in the current scene 2 or 3times the entire movie. The rest of the time he's going on about other stuff(hard to tell what he is saying he sounds barely conscious). Then there is Bridgette Fonda. I like her but she gets down right weird on the commentary. She talks about how she got real emotionall during certain scenes. Why? Your acting babe, this ain't really happening! Geesh!
It is cool to hear Jet talk about the movie though. Like I said he really gets into it and he has some intersting things to say.  To bad they didn't go with Jet's original idea for the scenes at the police station. It would have been awesome!
Pete B6K
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2002, 04:08:31 PM »

I was kinda disappointed with the commentary for Big Trouble in Little China by Carpenter and Russell. They spend most of the time chatting about old friends and not too much time talking about whats happening in the film, so much so that they even apologise for not talking about the film enough at the end.
Erik J
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2002, 11:36:27 PM »

There is a feature on the Pitch Black DVD that shows clips of a rave with the music. While the first 2 minutes of it is ok after it gets old really quick
Neville
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2002, 01:16:01 PM »

Didn't see the point in the "Rave party" thingy in the "Pitch Black" DVD. However, the box said something about an extended ending, and a friend of mine and I went completely crazy looking for it through the different menus. I don't know if that part was really included or if it was only for computers, because the box did not provide any explanation at all.

If anybody has seen that extended ending or has any info, please, say so!
Merkwuerden
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2002, 04:40:21 PM »

I encountered a couple of lame "special features", mostly on German DVD releases.

The German DVD of "The Last Unicorn" includes, so says the box, a 10 minute "Unicorn-special". This so-called special, however, is nothing more than a couple of text cards about the production. Well, it runs 10 minutes if you're a very slow reader... (but the box DID include some nice stickers).

The German DVD of "Storm Catcher" (rental version) includes a 9-minute-special feature called "Flight Sequences". I was quite curious, because all flight sequences in the movie are stock footage. So, not much to my surprise, the "special" just repeated this stock footage...

Others have mentioned the strange "Pitch Black" rave thing.
Rev. Darkstar
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2002, 05:06:46 PM »

I take that back about photo galleries, I've just got the NIN dvd and it has a photo gallery of their 2000 tour. One of the photo is of the main stage at Glasto, a gig that I was at.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2002, 06:09:30 PM »

I love DVDs that are so pressed for features, they list the RUNNING TIME as an extra.
Lee
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2002, 06:48:23 PM »

LOL!!! That is sooo stupid!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bad DVD Features. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.