Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:07:43 AM
714526 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Da Vinci Croaks « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Da Vinci Croaks  (Read 2843 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 06:47:56 PM »

One thing about this movie is sure to entertain me -- waiting for the appearance of Clint Howard. Anybody know who he's playing this time? I should probably look that up.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 06:51:25 PM »

OK, the IMDB doesn't list Clint Howard anywhere in this movie. Put me on the side of people hating this movie. A Ron Howard film without Clint is an abomination.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 06:26:06 PM »

Hey Rance wasn't listed either. You know he usually manages to have dear old Dad in most of his movies too.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Rombles
Dedicated Viewer

Stupid fat hobbit...

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 09:04:27 AM »

I really really really hope this dies quickly.  I am a scheduler for Griffin Press, Australia's leading printer of paperback novels.  Australia has a population of 20 million, and we have printed nearly 2 million copies of this damn book.  I'M SICK TO DEATH OF REPRINTING IT!!!!!  At one point last week we had 4 separate orders in the place for a total of another 80,000 copies!  Enough is enough, please I'm begging you, if you haven't read the book and want to, please borrow a copy from someone who already owns it, don't buy it, IT ONLY ENCOURAGES THEM TO REPRINT MORE!!!!!

Brrrrrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 11:49:10 AM »

I got an opening week total of $77 million. The largest opening week so far this year. I guess some movies are just critic proof. On a scale of A to F, with A being best, the critic for the local daily gave it a B-. The critic of the local daily down the road gave it a C. The critic for the local weekly had better things to do then review this. And the critic for the local business weekly, hated it most of all. He thought the whole film just stunk.

Two of the few critics who seemed to like it, were Ebert and Roeper. Both of them giving it a thumbs up. And yet they hated "Hoot," which  they gave thumbs down to. A film which I actually liked more then I expected I would. I want what those guys are smokin'.

If you see the film, it is recommended that you read the book first, if you have not already read it.
The film supposedly makes better sense that way, as alot of the book is left out of the film.
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 12:28:52 PM »

Eh, I guess my comparisons were a little off. This movie is apparently going to be more like the Harry Pothead and the Stoned Philosopher film, except with lower critic ratings. Go figure.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Da Vinci Croaks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.