Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:04:17 PM
714387 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Well, ASH wanted bizarre... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Well, ASH wanted bizarre...  (Read 4423 times)
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« on: June 08, 2006, 09:25:21 PM »

Since apparently the board is dull right now, I guess I'll pitch in something I got from a dream I had last week. I don't remember details beyond one scene in the dream: Godzilla and a bunch of monsters (all man-sized for some reason) were caged in a burning hotel. Godzilla broke out of the cage and grabbed . . . wait for it . . . the Pillsbury Doughboy (also man-sized) and carried him outside to safety.

Since the big G obviously has a soft spot for the doughboy, I'll post this corollary: who would win in a fight: Godzilla or the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man?

Now before you go and chalk this up as an easy victory for Toho studios, remember that Stay-Puft is the embodiment of an ancient Sumerion god (Zuul?). That's gotta count for something. Also, I wasn't smoking anything, no alcohol was involved, and I haven't received any recent blows to the head. But if Hollywood can pit Alien against Predator and Freddy against Jason, why not G vs. Stay-Puft?

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:46:59 PM »

Well not to hijack this thread but I had a strange dream also. I was stuck in a mall with zombies (Yeah I know really original) with a girl who appeared to be my girlfriend. we eventually got out of the place and ended up in the parking lot to our surprise no zombies. I ran to my car which is a 04 Chevy Impala. We eventually hit the road and ran into a bunch of rednecks who were killing zombies and throwing them in a garbage truck. They forced us out of the car and soon as they did zombies start attacking us.

The zombies killed my girlfriend and took a bite outta me. I was p**sed but not at the zombies but at the rednecks. I eventually stole another car ran over some rednecks than I guess changing into a zombie started to eat their brains................

Cool dream overall :)

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 09:50:25 PM »

Godzilla, I don't care the only way Dough Boy could beat Godzilla were if D-B had the power of TWO Godzillas.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 11:56:42 PM »

Yeah, but Stay-Puft got blown up by crossing the streams of the Ghostbusters proton packs.  While I'm not exactly sure what is being emitted in those beams, it is clearly attached to a nuclear particle accelerator (unlicensed).

Now, Godzilla, he's got that atomic breath.  I'm pretty sure a few good blasts of that and the Marshmallow Man will explode into marshmallowy goodness all over the place.

So, in summary, bring some chocolate and graham crackers, Stay-Puft is going down.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 12:11:33 AM »

I once had this dream that I "was" Godzilla.
First, lemme give ya' a little backround on this story.
Ya' see I didn't learn how to drive until I was 25, so for about six years before that, I rode a motorcycle. (No, really.)
So, one of the first things ya' learn is that it doesn't matter what the law says, if you wanna live, you do not have right of way, & there are a lotta #$@%!&*Xs out there that act like they know you know it.

So anyway, one night when I was 22, I had this dream about some guy in a white van cutting me off. Naturally, I got mad, so I gunned my motor & caught up with the guy, only now I was two hunard feet tall, & I picked the van up with my mouth & started thrashing it around.
Then I woke up.

The weirdest dream I ever had was this one where I was in a bar, & I met this good looking blonde girl, & she offered to shake hands with me, but I was too afraid to becauase it was one of those days when I had forgotten to shave my palms. Then I woke up & realized that I'd rolled over on my arm in my sleep & cut off the circulation.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 07:19:56 AM »

I would like to think that the Stay Puft Man would win, but as Mofo said, Godzilla's breath would take care of him.

If it were just a physical battle and Godzilla were unable to use his breath, then I think that StayPuft might have a shot.  Say Godzilla tried to punch him or grab him; his arms would go right through the Puft gooey goodness.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 08:55:04 AM »

I once had a dream in which I was killed in a car wreck, then 'narrated' my own autopsy.  And I do dream in color.

Oddly, this not the worst dream I've even had.  I'd say the worse nightmare is a serial dream (that seems to take place in my grandmother's house) that has its own theme music.  When I dream that music, I know I'm in for about three days of not sleeping.  Very wierd.

More on-topic with the 'monster dream' theme, I used to have a repeated dream when I was little in which my Dad and all the men in the neighborhood were fighting a gigantic, multi-tentacled alien monster that had attached itself to my house.  All the kids (including me) and all the women had to stay indoors, and we had to stay away from the windows and doors because the tentacles would reach in and try to grab us.  I was probably four or five, and had this same dream maybe a half dozen times (which is why I remember it).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »

I'm not gonna dignify the staypuft vs Godzilla discussion, but there are sililarituies etween Minya and Mr. P.N. Fresh.   Put a hayt on Minya and they are not too different.
Minya (Manilla/Godzuki/what have you)- http://members.aol.com/jmarkmib/godzilla/Minilla.html
The Doughboy-
http://www.doughboy.ca/en/images/wallpaper/doughboy-wallpaper3_1280x1024.jpg

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 04:22:02 PM »

Since we're talking dreamtime here, I think a far better match up would be the big G vs. a gigantisized H.R. Pufnstuf and Freddy the Magic Flute with the winner taking on an oversized Witchiepoo!

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 05:29:14 PM »

I'd do a Doughboy vs Sta-Puft vs MIchelin Man cage match.  
By the by, sorry about my crappy typing earlier.  Its a dreadful embarassment.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 06:42:29 AM »

I'm not so sure G's atomic breath could take out the marshmallow man. I mean, if he were ordinary marshmallow, sure. However, he's supernatural marshmallow, and might have added durability. As I recall, the Ghostbusters crossed their streams into the dimensional gateway, and the resulting explosive closing of the gate destroyed Mr. Stay Puft. The Ghostbusters didn't actually fire at him (except for a few ineffective blasts). I was also lead to believe that crossing the streams did not just multiply the power of the weapons, but created some kind of uncontrollable phenomenon, which was why doing so was "bad."

Mind you, it did look like the Ghostbusters' weapons caused Stay Puft a good deal of pain (or maybe just angered him). Perhaps a large-scale blast, such as from Godzilla, could do some damage. It's possible, but I wouldn't say it's certain.

Now I really feel like a geek.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 09:51:47 PM »

Godzilla would just eat the Marshmallow Man.

The cage match I want to see is Chelize Theron vs Angelina Jolie.  No time limit.  Ten minutes in, a shower turns on, soaking the ring in baby oil.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 06:23:22 AM »

I recently had a dream that I had millions of dollars in a suitcase and went back in time to the early 1900's.
There were Model T's driving around everywhere.
I couldn't spend any of the money because it was all newer bills with all the colored security features.

In my dream I tried to spend a $20 bill and they arrested me and took the suitcase.
End of dream.
Flangepart

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »

G would kick ass on general principles. Nuff said.

I once had a dream of being on  the set of ARMY OF DARKNESS, and the interview i was doing  with Bruce Campbell turned into a blooper reel!
That is SO in character for me...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 03:37:33 PM »

I had this dream the other night about one of the Tripods from War of the Worlds walking through a field, and a small band of cowboys were trying to fend it off with Winchester rifles.

Of course, as far as Well's book was concerned, England would've been an ideal location for an alien race to launch a spearhead & establish a military base for reinforcements, but I've always wondered how it may have turned out if the invasion were launched in some sparsly populated part of America, far from any telegraph offices to alert the military, but with more wide open range to easier fascilitate massive evacuations.

After thinking about it, I think the idea that I got from this dream was that just one stray cylender ended up somewhere out west, going completely unnoticed until a group of cowpokes on a drive have a run-in with a tripod.

Of course, being a good three to five thousand miles off course, the Martians are more interested in trying to get their berings than wiping out mankind.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Well, ASH wanted bizarre... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.