Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:53:12 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The "V" Word................ « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The "V" Word................  (Read 1806 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: May 23, 2006, 07:46:49 AM »

Using the "V" word today. Leaving very early Thursday morning. While I'm away I just thought I'd comfort you all with my May viewings. Just 8 this month.

Da Vinci Code ********
Kamikaze Girls *********
It Could Happen to You (1994)********
Fatal Contact: Bird Flu in America ******
The Head Hunter *****
Rebel Rousers *******
The Teahouse of the August Moon *******
Grand Masters of Wrestling ***

odinn7

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 03:15:52 PM »

Menard!!!!!!!!! Come here quickly!!!!!!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 03:18:06 PM »

Should be back on the board June 6th.............Till then watch more GIGLI.

Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 03:21:27 PM »

Ha! Scott, you're coming back just in time to see The Omen. And to celebrate my 21st birthday! 06/06/2006!

Quick, somebody accuse him of Vacation

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 11:28:38 AM »

Wait....maybe he's on va.......no he wouldn't do that, would he?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Scott

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 01:48:10 AM »

Happy Birthday Scottie...........

Well, to sum up our trip I'll keep it brief and try to keep it on a movie topic. We went to California where we stopped by a few movie sites, National areas, Museums, Historic areas.

MEL'S DRIVE-IN - Arrived in L.A. In Hollywood. There are like 3 of these food places in California, but it's the one in San Francisco that they made AMERICAN GRAFFITTI. Still a fun place to eat. They use to have the waitresses come to the car like in the 50's, but they don't anymore. They do make you valet park you car which was different. Good 50's food.

TRONA PINNACLES NATIONAL LANDMARK - It's were they film the ending of STAR TREK: THE FINAL FRONTIER. it's not far from Death Valley National Park.

LONE PINE, CA - In the Alabama Hills just down portal road many movies were shot. LONE RANGER and many many Westerns. They even have Hopalong Cassidy's house there. GUNGA DIN was filmed there also. We ate at the Totem Cafe in Lone Pine where they have all the stars signature written on the walls of the cafe. Some of the names on the walls were Richard Boone, Jack Palance, Alan Hale, Gary Cooper, and many many more. They filmed the movie TREMORS in the Alabama Hills and the director lives in town as I met someone who lives right next to the director. There is also a road called Movie Road that takes you thru the Alabama Hills and a map that tells you were each film was made. Besides the great rock formations you have the Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains in the background including the highest peek in the 48 states Mt. Whitney which we drove up to the portal for some great high views and waterfall.

After that we stopped along many spots on route 395 up to Lake Tahoe, then down to Marshal Gold Discovery along the American River to Yosemite National Park.

HEARST CASTLE - Wow, great place where all the stars and famous people of the era visited on the central coast. The only movie filmed there was about one minute of SPARTACUS which took them 11 days so the state never allowed another movie crew to film there again.

RONALD REAGAN MUSEUM AND LIBRARY - This is an great place. In the museum you have all of the uniforms from all the Calvary greatest calvary films ever made. Including John Wayne's outfits and even John Agars. A must see for Western fans.

We saw a number a places including Emerald Bay State Park, Bliss State Park, Pfiffier Burns State Park, San Luis Obispo Mission, Getty Art Museum, Ronald Reagan Museum, Yosemite National Park, Trona Pinnacles Natural Landmark, Mono Basin National Area, Pinnacles National Monument, Alabama Hills, Mamouth Lakes, Mt. Witney Portal, Lake Tahoe, Marshal Gold Discovery State Historic Park, Placerville, Carpenteria, 17 Mile Coastal Drive, Hollywood.

odinn7

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 07:42:45 AM »

Sounds like you had a good time. Welcome back, Scott...now...get to those movies!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Scott

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 09:11:45 AM »

Thanks Odinn7. Somehow I must view 170 DVD's sitting on my shelve. It's a big task, but someone has to do it. Hoping to find a couple good ones in there.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 12:06:18 PM »

Close Scott, no other theatrical films would be shot at Hearst Castle, but 21 years after "Spartacus," the experimental film, "Pools," would be shot there in 1981. And the theatrical movie, "The Hearst and Davies Affair," would be shot there four years later in 1985.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 12:31:27 PM »

I mean the made for television movie "The Hearts and Davies Affair" would be filmed at Hearst Castle. But no more theatrical films have been shot there after "The Spartacus."
Menard
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 11:11:36 AM »

trek_geezer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wait....maybe he's on va.......no he wouldn't do
> that, would he?

Nah, just without an internet connection for a while; and what connection I am borrowing for today has been so f**ked up by the actions of an absolute moron that I may be knocked offline before I finish this short post.

I will be scarce on the board until I get an internet connection setup.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The "V" Word................ « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.