Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:47:59 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Uwe Boll to fight his critics... phisically. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Uwe Boll to fight his critics... phisically.  (Read 3010 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 13, 2006, 04:55:15 AM »

Looks like he understood he won't convince them with his work:

Uwe Boll Fights Critics -- Physically

On Cinematical alone, Dr. Uwe Boll has been said to be, "incapable of making a good movie," (by Martha), "mostly bad," (by Karina) and "that wacky German man who likes to call himself a director and has a penchant for creating awful video game to film adaptations," (by Mark). Scott says his movies, "cost nine bucks a ticket, but are actually only worth about 99 cents," and Robert has a lot of bad things to say in his Bloodrayne DVD release post, but I bet you none of the writers on this site have been mean enough to enrage the directing doctor enough to win this contest:

Boll is going to fly the 5 most outspoken critics of his work to Vancouver, put them up in a hotel and cast them as extras in his film Postal. The catch? They have to enter the ring and box with Boll in a 10-bout match, footage of which will appear on the internet and in the movie. The filmmaker shouldn't have trouble finding critics to enter, but anyone interested has to fulfill a requirement. He or she has to have written at least two extremely negative articles about him on the web or in print in 2005. He has already picked out a few people who have posted on the IMDb and has put their user-names in the press release.

"I am fed up," Boll says in the release, "I'm fed up with people slamming my films on the Internet without see them." Well, can we at least make fun of the typos in his press releases? Nah, that isn't as fun.

You can read the rest of the announcement at http://sknr.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=565&Itemid=76

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
dean

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 05:52:21 AM »

The sad thing is that in order to beat up on Boll it means that you'd have to be a contributor to his next terrible film thus becoming an accessory to madness...

What a shameless and silly publicity stunt and one which, unfortunately for us, will probably actually help his movie sales.

Gotta give it to him for creative and inspired marketing techniques...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Fearless Freep

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 08:38:23 AM »

That is such a cool idea: )

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Three Oranges
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 11:17:07 AM »

Uwe Boll is the Idiot King of Hollywood, and I think I am becoming a fan.

His next movie should have a soundtrack by Andrew W.K.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 11:32:25 AM »

My only question would be what does he have up his sleeve?  Does the man know how to box?  And how much is he paying these people?
Neville

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 12:09:24 PM »

He's paying zero, nil, nada, only transport and accomodation. And he doesn't mention either if he is an accomplished boxer. I'm afraid.

BTW, he is not the only celebrity who wants to hit people. this was on the IMDB a few days ago, I forgot to mention it here:

Black Challenges Action Man Seagal to Ring Rumble

Jack Black is so impressed with his own wrestling prowess after training for new movie Nacho Libre he's keen to try out his fighting skills on martial arts action man Steven Seagal. The movie funnyman trained with a real-life Mexican wrestler to play the Spandex-clad hero of the new film - and how he fancies his chances against Seagal. Black tells American magazine Sports Illustrated, "I should take down someone who is strong, so Steven Seagal (would be perfect) - with his ridiculous Indian gear, ponytail and swagger. He's the best fighter in the world in his own mind, so I'll take him down two notches with my Anaconda Squeeze and Face Melter." Black also quips he has developed his own unsavory wrestling move: "The Wind of A Lion is basically a submission hold. You get the guy down, you sit on his face and then you release the lion's wind. That usually spells complete defeat."

I'd pay to see that. And that Wind & Lion stuff sounds stinky, just like the John Milius film.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 12:56:09 PM »

Am I the only one seeing this turning into a Most-Dangerous-Game-style manhunt? I think Uwe may just be crazy enough to do it...

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Neville

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 02:53:12 PM »

I found Jack Black far more dangerous...

nobody
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 09:55:35 PM »

In the talkback on Aint-it-Cool News, someone mentioned that Boll does in fact have a history in boxing, but who knows if that's true or not. I could believe it, based on Boll's appearance.

As for what Boll has up his sleeve with this stunt:

1) Boll wins the fights, which makes him look tough, and it sends a clear message to his critics: F-OFF!

2) Boll's offer to fight gets no takers, to which also serves to make him look tougher than everyone, and it sends another clear message to his critics: You're all cowards!

3) Boll loses the fights, or at least one fight, to which he simply says: At least I put my money where my mouth is.

No matter what happens he can spin this stunt into a positive light for himself. Meanwhile, though, people should be asking this question: How does this physical display of violence prove he's a worthy movie director?

"Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home."  
(David Frost)
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 10:18:07 PM »

nobody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>  Meanwhile, though,
> people should be asking this question: How does
> this physical display of violence prove he's a
> worthy movie director?

It doesn't.  But it makes great copy, and people ARE writing and talking about Uwe Boll.  Including us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 07:48:13 AM »

Maybe one of the critics will knock some sense into him.....
Neville

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 08:17:33 AM »

Alright people, I just got confirmation Boll is serious about fighting hostile reviewers (are there any other kind?). I was taking a look at the Spanish site "CineCutre" when I bumped into a new saying they've sent their work to Uwe and that he has promptly answered. Here is the message:

Okay Carlos,
we checked the webpages out. We dont speak spanish - but we believe you. Give us your personal data (Weight etc.) and you are qualified. From city in Spain you wanna fly to Vancouver. We cannot promise now that we bring you in - but you are qualified.
Best
Uwe

Amazing! And either Uwe answered in person or he has instructed his people to use his own dialect of English, which I suggest should be called Bollish (or Uwish) from now on.

Among the pages they probably e-mailed to Uwe I'm sure the following review is included. It is such a graphic de-construction of Boll's House of the dead that you don't even need to read a single line to understand their anger at Uwe: http://www.cinecutre.com/Criticas/HouseDead.htm

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Uwe Boll to fight his critics... phisically. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.