Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:24:51 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  They Live « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: They Live  (Read 1569 times)
Jon Franks
« on: January 29, 2002, 11:28:30 AM »

Andrew,
    My friends and I recently watched several B Movies... all of the movies amused us in their own way... but none so much as They Live with Rowdy Roddy Piper... he puts on a pair of sunglasses he finds outside a church and can now see all of the aliens that have been living among the humans.... In this movie is the best line I've ever heard... he walks into a bank with a shotgun and the sunglasses on and says,"I've come here to chew bubblegum and kickass...", which at this point my friend stopped the movie to rewind it and listen to it again as we all sit in aww, laughing our asses off. But the line wasn't even over.... "I've come here to chew bubblegum and kickass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.", Not to mention one of the longest fight scenes I've ever seen in a movie takes places with Piper and his only friend in the movie. I say its a must see.
                                                       B Movie fan,
                                                              PFC Jonathan Franks
Skaboi
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2002, 06:15:05 PM »

They Live is a fantastic little film, and quite humurous in it's own way.  But, I do believe the line went "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."  Just thought I'd clarify
Lee
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2002, 06:43:52 PM »

This movie ROCKS!!!!! Tobad Roddy hasn't had very many scripts come his way that were as good as this one. Roddy is proof that somebody can be a pro wrestler AND be able to act.
big franks
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2002, 08:47:21 PM »

I know he really should get more scripts... Piper is God.
Jim Hepler
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2002, 10:37:35 PM »

Best of all, he made the line up himself.  The fight scene punches are all real hits, the only pulled ones are the face hits.  Nifty, eh?  Hehe.
movienerd
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2002, 09:15:48 PM »

Hellow Mr Jonny Carpenter doesn't make the bad flicks. O.k except Invisible Man Movie.
andy80
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2002, 06:59:34 PM »

If They Live makes you laugh that much, you'd probably die from watching 'No Holds Barred' with Hulk Hogan.  That movie is in a class of its own.
Andrew
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2002, 10:40:35 PM »

Oh yes, this one is a near classic.  The bubblegum line is a awesomely funny, though one of my favorite parts is when Piper looks at money through the sunglasses to see "THIS IS YOUR GOD."

Sooner or later I'm going to have to review it, but no plans at present.

Andrew
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  They Live « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.