Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:00:27 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Myspace « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: OT: Myspace  (Read 3727 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: June 29, 2006, 07:43:40 AM »

When it first came out, Myspace.com was crap.
Not anymore!

I used to think it was just for teenagers but the ability to add some really cool content has emerged over the last year.
Now you can add music, videos and a whole bunch of other neat things!

This may be especially helpful for you bad movie lovers who like to post on here but want your seperate personality and things you like kept intact on a different page.

I highly recommend creating your own page.
It's super easy and you might surprise yourself with the results.

Check out my page here

I just started it so it's a work in progress.
Hopefully I'll keep it maintained.
(I wonder if it's just a fad)

By the way, an interesting fact about the band Orange Avenue who play the song on my page, the bass player was in a gaming clan with me for quite a while.
They used to be called Breaking Ground but had to change their name for legal reasons.

People like AndyC who love old arcade games...make your page!
Or...
Mr. Shumate from Coldfusionvideo...make your page!
Scottie who loves photography...make a page!
DaveBlackeye who loves Godzilla films...make a page!

What do you think?
Will you make a really cool page for us to check out?
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 08:09:05 AM »

No Myspace pages for me although I do have a cheater log-in page that I use for scambaiting purposes but I don't think I will ever make a serious one. I know plenty of people who do have them and have made really nice pages but I will pass as it's not for me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
dean

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 08:32:33 AM »

Hehe... blogging culture is so funny.  I still have a thing against myspace though, but that may be because of some of the people I've been hanging around with lately.  Some of them are what I'd class as 'hardcore bloggers' and I get the impression they are pretty elitist in their blogging [eg laughing at all the 'stupid teeny bloggers on myspace']  

They use blogspot.com mostly, and the age of blogger/content ratio seems much more suited towards my type rather than the OMG LOL That ROXXORs stuff which quite often annoys me about a lot of myspace.

It's funny.  They even have what's called "Grog Blogging" which is basically a pub crawl where bloggers can go away from their computers and actually meet each other in person, since quite often alot of them would read blogs of people they don't even know.  It seems like there's a fairly big blog culture around the place, and it's funny listening to a discussion about proper grog blog etiquette in which should you introduce yourself by your nickname/blog name first, or your real name first?  It's pretty damn funny listening to that stuff really.  A friend of mine even got fired once for b***hing about his work in his blog, so now he has learnt the hard way of attempting to keep an anonymous-ish profile online.

A good mate of mine told me about a funny short story/film idea he had in which the entire world is destroyed except for a handful of bloggers who are locked in their house, writing about their lives and reading other people's writing about their lives, and they don't even know that it's a wasteland outside.

Hehe... as you can probably tell, I may have been tempted to join their ranks but I barely have enough time to waste here anyway, so it's all a bit beyond me really.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 08:50:32 AM »

Meh.

I read quite a few blogs, but mainly non-blog blogs...if that makes any sense.  I read a lot of technology sites that are in a blog format (enagadget.com, gizmodo.com, etc) but I don't care much for the personal rambling type of blogs.

I especially dislike Myspace.com.  Just about everyone I know has a myspace page, and they each seem to annoy me.  It's just a passing fad that'll be gone in a year or so.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 09:06:44 AM »

I wasn't looking for bloggers.

I was looking for serious creativity and cool page layouts with awesome tunes and videos of whatever.
That's what I like about Myspace.
The ability to express who you really are and what you like.

It's sad that Myspace has received the...stigma...that it has.
It can be used for good you know...

Creative people like us can use it in ways never thought of.

Forget blogging!  It isn't my cup of tea.
LOL!
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 10:11:11 AM »

I learned something disturbing about myspace, facebook, and every other website where you can post all your personal information for the world to know. Well, some very big corporations are listening to what you have to say. Have you ever wondered how places like these stay in business when they don't charge you anything to join? It's because they sell information collected through their pages to big business who in turn use the info to market their products to the appropriate people. What you are doing in essence is putting on a gigantic billboard that says "I LIKE THESE THINGS THESE WAYS" to the people who are trying to sell those things. No thank you. I already get enough hassle from television commercials and highway billboards. The last thing I need is someone else telling me what I need because I at one time put interest into it.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Ash

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 10:39:15 AM »

I had a feeling you all would be repulsed by Myspace like Superman to Kryptonite.

I was right of course.

I predicted many of your responses before I even started this thread.
I wasn't for sure though.
But I had my doubts.

Contrary to what you may or may not think, I am not one of these.
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 10:55:42 AM »

Don't get me wrong Ash, I like the idea of seeing other people's interests. Myspace has introduced me to bands I would normally have never even heard of. Plus William Shatner has a a page. It's just that, people are out there mining for our information. That's unsettling to me. I enjoy my privacy enough that when I find out I'm being sold out, I recoil a little.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 10:57:45 AM »

Eh, I don't care about it either way. If a musician or band is trying to promote themselves on myspace or somewhere else, then fine I'll go check it out once in a long great while. If my friends have blogs or whatever, same thing. I tried the blogging thing about 6 years ago, and I found it to be boring.

Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 11:03:55 AM »

Scottie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I learned something disturbing about myspace,
> facebook, and every other website where you can
> post all your personal information for the world
> to know. Well, some very big corporations are
> listening to what you have to say. Have you ever
> wondered how places like these stay in business
> when they don't charge you anything to join? It's
> because they sell information collected through
> their pages to big business who in turn use the
> info to market their products to the appropriate
> people. What you are doing in essence is putting
> on a gigantic billboard that says "I LIKE THESE
> THINGS THESE WAYS" to the people who are trying to
> sell those things. No thank you. I already get
> enough hassle from television commercials and
> highway billboards. The last thing I need is
> someone else telling me what I need because I at
> one time put interest into it.

It doesn't surprise me much... our culture is about depriving us of everything until we are willing to pay out the nose for it.

Nevertheless, I have a Myspace page- which a close friend talked me into setting up. I mainly like them because I can listen to almost any song I want for free... kind of cheap, I guess.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2006, 12:15:36 PM »

ASHTHECAT Wrote:
> I had a feeling you all would be repulsed by
> Myspace
>
> I was right of course.
>
> I predicted many of your responses before I even
> started this thread.
>

Hey, Ash, since you predict our response to things you post so often, could you send me the prediction BEFORE you post a thread?  I want to see if you are really predicting the badmovies.org community response so well.

If so, you might have a future in the Psychic Hotline biz, and I'd want a cut.  ;)

You could call my role "due diligence" on your business plan.

(relax, it's a joke)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Ash

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2006, 12:18:33 PM »

ulthar Wrote:

(relax, it's a joke)

See the WyreWizard's thread.

Relax, it's a joke.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2006, 12:41:09 PM »

I hate Myspace and never will have a page but like Scottie I do like the music aspect of it. I too have run into alot of bands that I would never have heard any other way.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2006, 12:41:34 PM »

ASHTHECAT Wrote:
>
> See the WyreWizard's thread.
>

LOL.  Touche.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2006, 04:08:41 PM »

I've got a MySpace account.  Basically I use it to fill out time wasting questionnaires and send messages and stupid pictures to my friends.

I had resisted getting a MySpace account because it has such a stupid reputation, but there's just too damn many people I know on there.  Basically it's a good way to waste time and keep up with people I might not otherwise be in touch with.  Sort of a mix between a bulletin board and email.

The problem with MySpace is that it is extremely buggy and often slow.  Sure it lets people insert their own code into their pages, but that doesn't mean they know how to do it well.

I never write anything of any importance on MySpace.  For that I use that Xanga blog, where I pretty much just make fun of current events.

Like I said, it's a good way to waste time.  I currently have time to spare, so I've been keeping those pages current.  That won't always be the case.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Myspace « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.