Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:09:48 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, and Die Hard *spoilers to all three* « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, and Die Hard *spoilers to all three*  (Read 884 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 05, 2006, 04:53:30 PM »

I'll try and keep these short this time.

Spider-Man: Overall this is a pretty good comic book adaption, it's certainly better than say Batman Forever and Robin. I think Tobey made a great Peter Parker and Spider-Man. I see nothing wrong with Kristen Dunst being Mary Jane and James Franco as Harry Osborn. It was a good idea to upgrade the Green Goblin to having a suit of advanced armor and weapons. I just wish GG wasn't so....corny in some scenes. "The ittsy bitsy spider ect.". At least this movie has good action, Spidey looks a little TOO light when he's jumping around at high speeds but that doens't ruin the film. And I'm not one of the Spider-Man fans that b***hs about Peter having organic webbing, (guys seriously chill.)

3/5. According to Badmovies that makes it a film for Saturday night viewing. This fits well there.

Spider-Man 2: Now this is more like it! Don't you just love it when the sequels are better than the originals? Everything just feels like it was done better and everyone seems to have an even better grasp of there roles than before. Peter Parker is having trouble being himself and Spider-Man. Speaking of Spidey he seems to be loosing his powers. Mary Jane is engaged, Harry is trying to keep Ozcorp on the map, and Dr. Otto Octavus has lost control of his four metal arms and has a plan that may destroy all of New York (on accident sorta). This is how a superhero movie should be done, it should be about the character and his struggles on a more personal level, with plenty of action of course. Alfred Molina makes a very fine Doc. Ock. Pretty much the one complaint I have is that it would have been nice to see a bit more of our main villain, but don't worry he get's quite a few scenes and with the help of Spidey gives us an incredible battle that first starts on a clock tower and ends with a rail train, pulling in several of the hapless bystanders into it the fray.

Great stuff! I pray that Spider-Man 3 can be at least nearly as well done as this. But it'd be seriously bad ass if with each film they got better.

4.5/5. I'd say this is the second best Super-hero movie ever made, with Batman Begins being #1. However it's often going head to head with that same movie for the "favorite" title.  

Die Hard: I got urges to re-watch this movie, so I did. And had a blast all over again. John McClane (Bruce Willis) just arrives in Los Angles to see his wife. The tower that she works at is having a Christmas party. However when a group of armed men (they're robbers, not terrorists, even though most of them are foregin, improtant note) the party sort of dies. It's pretty much McClane vs 13 mad men and this is one of those more realistic action movies, not like the invicinble John Matrix from Commando. John makes mistakes and later suffers from them, a lot of the time he's not sure what to do but he tries. A very human character. Alan Rick man as Hans is one hell of a villain. Plenty of action, gore, it's pretty much the best of the eighties action movies. And it's pretty funny too.

4/5

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 10:55:37 AM »

Die Hard is one of my favorite action movies from the 80's and it's what got me liking Bruce Willis. The movie is fun to watch over and over. I like the fact that the hero gets beat up and banged up and is not impervious to everything. It's a great movie. Thanks for talking about it Dave.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 04:04:58 PM »

My mom loves all the Die Hard movies. Usually she hates this kind of stuff.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, and Die Hard *spoilers to all three* « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.