Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:48:16 PM
714493 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ultraviolet- Milla In A Fashion Show « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ultraviolet- Milla In A Fashion Show  (Read 2083 times)
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: July 10, 2006, 08:25:19 AM »

Ballbuster was running a special that was 3 movies for 9.99 so I had wanted to do Ultraviolet, Aeon Flux, and Blood Rayne. I figured I would call it Fighting Chicks In Tight Outfits...bad movies of course, but I pictured it to be fun. Sadly, the wife only allowed me to pick one and my dreams of chicks in tight outfits went out the window. Faced with the choice of only one of the 3 movies, I had no question about which one I would rent. It HAD to be Ultraviolet as I just have this thing for Milla and her ultra-fit body and tight tummy. Ok...it's already been established that I am shallow.
Anyway, I didn't expect much from this movie and as it turns out, I got exactly what I expected from it. It certainly wasn't a good movie by any means but it wasn't bad enough to get me upset about having spent the money to see it.
The CG was rotten...completely fake and not even close to being up to todays standards. There is a motorcycle chase scene that was so poorly done with CG that they would have just been better off leaving it out completely. After watching the whole movie, I understood why they couldn't afford better CG as I had seen countless leather and spandex outfits worn by Milla throughout the film. It was obvious the money went into all those outfits. Thankfully, none of these outfits covered her stomach. I couldn't see the point of all the different clothing other than to show her off but story wise, it made little sense. She would walk through a scene and have new clothes on part way through. Don't ask, it's some form of technology we will have in the future where we can carry things without them taking up any space...blah-blah...show me more tummy....anyway...
For a Wimmer film, I expected the hand to hand and gunplay scenes to be fantastic. Some were good and imaginative but most were bland. This is the man that did Equilibrium and apparently with that one, he set a standard that he was unable to reach again. You could see that Milla had obviously undergone training to do gunkata type moves and she did them well for the most part but I found numerous fight scenes that I had to replay because I couldn't see or couldn't tell what happened. Replaying these scenes did not help. They were edited in such a way as to make it so you couldn't tell. This from the man that did Equilibrium where every fight scene was not only artistic in its own way but edited in such a way that you understood the fierceness and speed with which it all took place and you were still able to see it all.
Now the acting...ok, so we already know this...Milla can't act. It's no secret, she can't act. You don't pick someone like her for your movie for her acting ability. You pick someone like her because she can do the moves and looks great in the outfits you put her in. The other actors? Well, most of them don't live long enough to judge them. The few that do make it, do a decent enough job at their parts.
Overall, despite what I have said so far, the movie entertained me and kept me interested. It was no spectacular film but it was a decent use of about 2 hours.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:18:17 AM »

odinn7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I had wanted to do Ultraviolet, Aeon
Flux, and Blood Rayne.

Me too....all at the same time.
It would take quite a libido and...stamina...to take on all three of those women in the sack.
Can you imagine the possibilities!?

It would be an experience I would never forget.  :)
odinn7

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 09:34:06 AM »

Ah, Ash...I see that you noticed my wording. I didn't word it like that by accident you know. ;)

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 09:56:04 AM »

I have Ultraviolet on my shelf, but I have yet to watch it.  I'm a big fan of Wimmer's, and I think my hesitation in watching it is that I don't want to be disappointed....

Maybe I'll check it out tonight.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 10:47:30 AM »

Skaboi...it doesn't even come close to Equilibrium as far as I am concerned. I was somewhat let down because it was Wimmer and I did expect more. As I said, it was entertaining and Milla and her stomach did look very good.

Jim H

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 12:29:07 PM »

The story goes Wimmer lost control of Ultraviolet and had it messed around with a lot by the studios.  That would explain some of its faults, but certainly not all of them.  It is rather odd how flawed the film is in so many ways, especially after Equilibrium, which is a much better film in every way and has 1/4th the budget.  

That said, I found Ultraviolent entertaining.  Bad film really, but hey.
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 02:13:06 PM »

odinn7 Wrote:

> Now the acting...ok, so we already know
> this...Milla can't act. It's no secret, she can't
> act. You don't pick someone like her for your
> movie for her acting ability. You pick someone
> like her because she can do the moves and looks
> great in the outfits you put her in.

If I had to pick one thing that I liked about the X-men movies, it was that they got actors to play the part, not look it... oh, and Tim Burton's Batman films did, too...
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 04:01:58 AM »

There just aren't enough women with talent and the ability to look good while firing a large calibre weapon into somebody's head at point blank range.

Why did Kate Beckinsale suddenly spring to mind?
odinn7

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 07:23:01 AM »

Shadowphile Wrote:

> Why did Kate Beckinsale suddenly spring to mind?

Oh you just had to do it...this was going to be a Kate-less post of mine...Kate is the goddess of tight-fitting clothes and guns but I am glad that she didn't do this film as I just want to picture her as Selene...drool...

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 09:47:34 AM »

Shadowphile Wrote:
> Why did Kate Beckinsale suddenly spring to mind?

I think she springs into most of our minds...often.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 07:07:29 PM »

Skaboi Wrote:

> I think she springs into most of our
> minds...often.

Yes she does.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2006, 08:56:30 PM »

I'd be quite happy if she sprang up somewhere a little closer than just my mind.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Ultraviolet- Milla In A Fashion Show « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.