Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:47:46 AM
714508 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  JASON X RELEASE DATE! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: JASON X RELEASE DATE!  (Read 1167 times)
J.R.
« on: January 30, 2002, 11:47:58 AM »

Jason X, the tenth Friday The 13th movie will be hitting theaters April 26th. I'm sort of a sucker for slashers, and I love F13 films, but this one will suck. It's set in the future and has a robo-Jason. That's right. Robo-Jason. It's been in the can for over a year, but I'm sure that's because they wanted to give it an uncrowded market so people would see this picture I'm sure they're very proud of. Yep. That's it.
FishStik
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2002, 03:11:10 PM »

If you bought the Horror Movie Survival Guide like I've been telling everyone to you would know about him. He comes back in the year 2455, which is about 1,300 friday the 13ths from now. Here's what they say about the movie on yahoo:

"The terror of Crystal Lake is back! This time he's not just slaughtering nubile campers in compromising positions. It is the year 2455, a professor takes his students on a field trip to the planet Earth, where they discover a cryogenically frozen Jason and transport him back to their spaceship. Jason Voorhees, the silent goalie-masked killer, has been on ice for a few hundred years, but through a catastrophic accident, the he is awakened and more than willing to pick up where he left off - finding new and interesting ways to murder people.

MPAA Rating: R for strong horror violence, language and some sexuality.

Release Date: April 26, 2002 Nationwide. "

Poster for the movie:  jasonx_licensingposter.jpg

(if that pic doesn't work go to this web page   http://www.diabolical-dominion.com/News/jasonx_licensingposter.jpg
slasherfan
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2002, 12:18:45 PM »

I have seen Jason X 3 times now and it kicks alot of ass.
systemcr4sh
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2002, 12:11:20 PM »

May I ask how you have seen it if it isn't out yet?

Did you get some kind of promotional copy or something?

Do Tell!

-Dan
AndyC
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2002, 02:38:00 PM »

If you had looked closely at his message, he's in Ireland, and if you'd checked the IMDB, the movie has already opened in Europe.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this movie, and have been p**sed off every time they've pushed back the release date. I'm not prepared to dismiss the movie as "Jason in Space" until I've seen it. What I've read about it so far is encouraging. I'll reserve judgement until I see it.

No doubt, it's treatment so far is due to the narrowminded assumption that it won't do well. This will become a self-fulfilling prophecy, as it often does. It will get no fanfare, will be scorned by people who haven't seen it, panned by critics who won't judge it for what it is, and pulled out of theatres before enough people can see it for any decent word-of-mouth to happen.

The April release date is not surprising. Of course, that is the time of year that I like the best for movies. A lot of great movies are quietly released in the late winter and early spring, and there is often a pleasant surprise or two in the bunch. My expectations are usually exceeded. Then we get to the summer movies - a bunch of second-rate films with big budgets, with promotions that build up our expectations to a level the movie can't meet. Often, it is not so much whether a movie is good or bad, but whether it is as good or bad as we expected. People with low expectations might really enjoy Jason X if they view it with an open mind.

In my opinion, the series has already been ruined anyway. Anything they do in X will be a step up from Jason Goes to Hell. I can't wait to see it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  JASON X RELEASE DATE! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.