Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:04:46 PM
714406 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Massacre to be Massacred « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Massacre to be Massacred  (Read 1412 times)
Squishy
« on: January 31, 2002, 02:57:28 PM »

"Director Bay To Go From Infamy To Massacre: Michael Bay (Pearl Harbor) is working on a remake of the 1974 horror classic The Texas Chainsaw Massacre for his Platinum Dunes film company, Daily Variety reported today (Thursday). The trade paper said that Tobe Hooper, who directed the original film (as well as 1982's Poltergeist), is working with his original co-writer Kim Henkel on a draft of a new script. There were three TCM sequels, the last in 1994 starring Renée Zellweger, Matthew McConaughey and Robert Jacks, which earned a ghastly $94,558."

From the IMDb.

"See? I was right. Job has all his children killed, and Michael Bay gets to keep making movies. There isn't a God."
--Kyle, South Park
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2002, 09:49:47 PM »

It can't be worse than the sequels.

Can it?
Cullen
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2002, 07:37:11 AM »

According to CHUD:

"Tobe Hooper, the man behind Leatherface's original carvings, is taking a pass at the remake's script with original partner Kim Henkel..."

Which might make the sting a bit worse.

The article also went on to say that Bay might not be directing, though who knows on that.

All we can do is keep our fingers crossed.  "Planet of the Apes" was going to be remained for years before it actually was, and there are plenty of movies lingering in Development Hell.  Plus, there is always the remote chance that the movie might turn out as good, if not better than the original.  It's happened before.

Once or twice.

Usually to movies that are trash to begin with.

No, I'm not going to buy the Brooklyn Bridge.  I already OWN it.

(Source: http://www.chud.com/news/jan02/jan31tex.php3)
Chris K.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2002, 11:58:03 AM »

Ok, I will admit that I am not a huge fan of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. Is too overrated and pushy to be a cult film, but I found the movie to be good (a three star on my list, my highest is six stars). But if Michael Bay gets to direct the remake, then yes their is no God.

I see no point in letting this bastard working on the sequel. I mean, Bay is the same guy behind ARMAGEDDON and PEARL HARBOR. And even though ARMAGEDDON did fairly well in the box office, didn't these people check the box office results for PEARL HARBOR! That crappy, anoying, dull-as-ditchwater flick did so bad in the box office with devistaing reviews from both critics and the general audience (it made the top "Worst Film of 2001" in People magazine). So why let a director with NO TALENT, NO CLASS, NO IMAGINATION, and NO COMMON SENSE direct a remake of THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. Why even remake it? Has nobody seen the results of such remakes as PSYCHO and THE HAUNTING? What is Hollywood coming too!

If their is going to be a remake, then let Peter Jackson handle it. At least he would be able to add some humor into the idea.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2002, 01:35:31 PM »

*Sigh*

When will they get it through their skulls: the reason the original TCM was so successful was BECAUSE of its low budget-- It looked like someone's home movies, something that can't be said for Bay's stuff. Other contributors were the no-name cast, the understated camerawork, the power of suggestion over overt gore, the actual characterization of the psychos... This won't be pretty.

At least they had the sense to give the Dawn of the Dead remake to the mind behind "Tromeo and Juliet," who should at least pull off the subversive humor.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Massacre to be Massacred « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.