Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:04:43 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dog the Bounty Hunter « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dog the Bounty Hunter  (Read 2375 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: August 18, 2006, 03:54:49 PM »

DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER has become on of my favorite shows. They have a good episode every time I watch it. Dog and his family are bounty hunters in Hawaii and Dog (the father) is tough, cool, and has a heart of gold.

A rather sad episode aired this week where he gets married just hours after catching a fugitive. It messed up his rehersal, but he made it in time to practice only to get a call from Alaska that his daughter had died in an auto accident just hours before his wedding. It was sad to see this episode, but if you ever get the chance to watch please do. It's a very good TV show. I don't make time to watch it, but when I find it on TV I'm always glued to the set. Must have seen about 10 episodes.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 05:17:52 PM »

My 68 year old TV hating father has decided that this is his favorite TV show of all time.  
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Scott

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 06:18:25 PM »

Ed........I think that says it all.

Dog The Bounty Hunter Small | Large

onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 07:27:11 PM »

I particularly like the way that, during his briefings with the rest of his team--Beth, sons Leland and Dwayne Lee, and "brother" Tim--he builds up the fugitives as badasses who are armed, dangerous, insane with criminal lust.  Then during the takedown they invariably go peacefully without a bit of dissention.
"Yeah, this one's got warrants for everything--,jaywalking, passing bad checks, gas passing.  This is one that could make it so's you don't come home.  Don't let it fool you that he's 95 years old, got one arm gone, and drooling in his wheelchair, he's a deadly motherf****r!"

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 01:14:03 PM »

What impresses me is the fact that his wife is not some petite little bimbo.  She's a significant chunk of woman and she gets right into the thick of things.
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:13:33 AM »

I have to agree.  The Dog is a very good show.  Duane Chapman, never give up hunting skips.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 04:26:55 PM »

I dunno...a buncha muscle head,redneck,ego-trippin,WWF rejects chasing two-bit bail jumpers...eh.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 09:58:44 PM »

That's what the show is about. They bring in many second rate bad guys who need to straighten up. Dog gives them a second chance in some cases and tries to help before they become big time criminals. Just watched two nights of DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER.

Also that is what makes the show that much more fun to watch is that DOG being quite the character himself. He has a heart of gold.

Some of you guys are ruthless especially after what he's been through lately. This guy tries to help out everyone he encounters. Best show on TV. I have to agree with Ed's grandfather.

I enjoy the show COPS, but DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER is even better. (Both have good theme songs by the way.)

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 05:53:05 AM »

Don't hate this one as much as that idiotic show with Victoria Gotti and her dimwit, poser, thug-wannabe sons (insert cliche about apples not falling far from trees). Maybe Dog and his crew will get the chance to round up these punks some day, that I would watch.

But I'm still not a fan, kind of one of the reason I dropped cable when I moved. The attitudes rub me the wrong way, but I'm that way about big talking SOBs in real life. The few real badasses I've known didn't have to tell everyone how tough they were, they either showed it or their rep from the things they had done proceeded them. Plus how stupid do you have to be bail jumper or a fugitive in the Hawaiian islands?

Plus stupid looking mullets/skullets on aging loudmouths. Trashy economy-sized big haired fake blondes with annoying voices and too little wardrobe. Bucketloads of bad tattoos. Clans of creepy looking manchildren with chips on their shoulders. Hordes of interchangeable scuzzy petty criminals with sob stories and pathetic family lives. I live in Alabama. If I want to see the things I just listed I'll go to almost any decent sized store, shopping center, large public gathering or outdoor event, hey, high school football season is about to start up again. Sorry if I come of little cranky just now, but those folks are a little too close to plenty of people I see around here.

Then again I seem to be about the only person in Western Civilization who DOESN''T enjoy the TV show "Cops".

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 08:10:16 AM »

Thank you,Yaddo. I couldn't have said it better.Mulletheads.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 09:59:50 AM »

Reality TV in any form blows goats.....
dean

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 10:36:25 AM »

"Reality TV in any form blows goats....."

Which I'm sure, will one day become a reality show in itself...

As for the show Dog itself, don't know anything about it, and regardless of how good or bad it is, I'm actually quite glad I'm not subject to American cable television.

It just seems like such a hassle to try and slog through all the terrible stuff to find the occasional gem.

But hey, what can I say?  I barely have the time/energy to watch much TV anymore anyways, and I can't really say I've seen the full breadth of cable since I don't have it and I'm not American, so what do I know?

Though I did watch Domino just before this thread popped up, which was an interesting coincidence...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 07:40:34 PM »

What do you think about Dog The Bounty Hunter being arrested? I don't like it one bit. Hope they let him go.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 08:17:15 AM »

Huh? For what?I can picture the cop asking him"Do you have any I.D.?" And him saying ""Bout whut?"

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Fearless Freep

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 01:22:18 PM »

He was arrested in Hawaii by US Marshals because three years ago he went into Mexico to get a fugitive.    The guy was pretty guilty but the manner he did ii was around Mexican Law so they charged him with kidnapping.    He posted balk and skipped town and hasn't been back to Mexico.  The Mexican authorities were pretty ticked off and they finally worked out a deal with the US to have him arrested.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dog the Bounty Hunter « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.