Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:41:43 PM
714447 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  GREAT IDEA TO IMPROVE BADMOVIES « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: GREAT IDEA TO IMPROVE BADMOVIES  (Read 4188 times)
Bazarov
Dedicated Viewer

« on: August 20, 2006, 06:14:26 PM »

How about we start a torrent section so if you like any of the movies you read the reviews on you can download them from this page, that way you can not just read about all these bad movies but download them from here, if we keep it quite and only hardcore users who have been here for a while have the password to log in this could make badmovies.org (pardon all those who are lactose intollernt) LEGEND DAIRY, I have tons of movie torrents, I got snakes on a plane 10 am the day it came out in theaters, though i went to see it any way BUT JUST IMAGINE THE WHOLE MOVIE REVIEW LIST ALL AVALIBLE FOR DOWNLOAD IN ITS INTERLY ITS A PROJECT WE CAN ALL GET DONE IF WE EACH TAKE A FEW FROM THE LIST AND UPLOAD THEM
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 07:58:57 PM »

Interesting idea.  Highly illegal in most cases but interesting.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 08:15:07 PM »

I don't think Andrew will like this idea at all.  I don't like it, either - theft is not my thing.

You know, most of the movies I watch have a LOT of hard working people in the credits; I don't mind buying/legit renting to 'support' them.  True, my $$ may not go to them directly, but it does create a market, which in turn keeps investors interested in the industry.  And those investment dollars DO directly pay the salaries of grips, camera operators, production assistants, etc.

Sometimes you really do express your opinion of the value of something by how much money you are willing to spend for it.  By wanting things for free (as in beer), you basically are saying "this is worth nothing to me."

One man's opinion.  (ulthar checks buckles on fire-proof suit).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Bazarov
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 09:56:05 PM »

I know its unlawfull but look at it this way WE are A secret Society, the freemasons and bohiman grove and the bravairan order can get away with all the s**t they do why cant we, plus it took me so long to see some of these movies, i am a religous fan I make sure to hit as many as possible,but ordering spending mad money to get a rare movie only to realize it was ok, When I see a dam good film I go out and buy it when I see a good film and its still in theaters ill use it for a date it gets twice the money, transfuring your illeagle film to dvd is a pain in the ass, I down load these films, sit back and say meet the feelbles or story of rickey are dam good films i will go out and I will  buy them, consider this also a way to get people in touch with videos I CAN not FIND any WHere,  Like my child hood hunt to see uninvited aka sex boat with a cat on a plane, i dunno i think this would skyrocket our community to one of pure sharing of good films among good people with half the hassle, i can not spell by the way, when i am drunk, comma
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 10:16:58 PM »

Setting aside that I agree w' Shadowphile & Ulthar on the legal issues, there's also the issue of bandwidth.
It would probably mean that Andrew would need to find a more expensive server host, which would in turn mean more & bigger advertisements, plus the possibility of BadMovies.org becoming another pay site.
I think Andrew does more than enough for this site as it is.
In addition, there's also the considerations to be made for those of us who either still use dial-up, or who are stuck with a six year old machine that has a few gremlins.

Besides, there's already a few sites that do that sort of thing, such as http://www.cultofuhf.com/ , http://www.publicdomaintorrents.com/ , http://www.cinemanow.com/ , & http://www.ghoulapaloozatv.com/ .

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
LilCerberus

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 10:42:42 PM »

Ah, sheesh!
Here, visit this site- http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org -& call us back after you've started your fourth step.

The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Bazarov
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 11:15:31 PM »

ok thank you for showing me those sites, oh  by the way i can't do that aa s**t, god is dead, so there goes step what 2 faith in a higher power, and I was just trying to help the kids that cant afford to have a bad movie habit
Bazarov
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 11:16:15 PM »

ok thank you for showing me those sites, oh  by the way i can't do that aa s**t, god is dead, so there goes step what 2 faith in a higher power, and I was just trying to help the kids that cant afford to have a bad movie habit
sinkwater
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 11:29:15 PM »

AA IS FOR COMMIE SCUMBAG QUITTERS!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOZE FOR LIFE!!!!!!! AND DOWNLOADING MOVIES ONLINE FOR FREE IS THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT.... ITS THE AMERICAN WAY.... IM NOT SPENDING $10 TO HELP JACKIE CHAN AND JIM BELUSHI BUY MORE HOOKERS
Bazarov
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 11:48:46 PM »

amen sinkwater amen
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 12:20:24 AM »

AA is an organization frequently mentioned in sentencing agreements for drunk drivers.  This is actually a violation of any law regarding the seperation of church and state.  It also has a failure rate of 95%, which is identical to the failure rate of trying to quit drinking by yourself.

I agree that the price of buying movies is prohibitively high.  There is an easy solution to that, one that does not involve piracy.  DON'T BUY THEM UNTIL THE PRICE DROPS.
peter johnson

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 12:22:29 AM »

I don't usually respond to this sort of thing, but here goes --
     As dull and boring as it may seem, not stealing from people who work to create this stuff is probably better than theft.  Most of these things are designed to be seen on a large screen in a theatre, not squanking along on a DSL line with tinny speakers and blurry graphics.
     Neither Jim Belushi nor Jackie Chan like hookers & certainly don't concern their lives with being able to afford them, but this is beside the point --
     If a person has spent time and energy to create a bad thing or a good thing, and wishes to charge X amount of dollars for said thing, then we have the option to either not pay or pay and acquire.  
     I think we may be a bit too staid for you guys, sinkwater and Bazarov.  If you guys love Bad movies and B films etc., then please do stick around and contribute, but I think Andrew put the kibosh on "sharing" stolen goods quite some time ago, and this really isn't the place to discuss it.
Yours in Bad Theatre
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 12:43:22 AM »

I disagree.  This is the perfect place to discuss it but also the perfect place NOT to do it.  

There are enough places where you can rent most of the movies reviewed on this site for a week for a dollar that you don't need to steal them.  I'm fairly certain my sanity wouldn't handle watching Frankenhooker and Cherry 2000 more than once in a lifetime anyway, unless they were really bad in a good way....
LilCerberus

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 12:56:20 AM »

That's the other reason ;-)

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 06:28:31 AM »

Quote:
I know its unlawfull but look at it this way WE are A secret Society, the freemasons and bohiman grove and the bravairan order

Indeed we are... but I don't believe we have givin you the... "initiation" yet...

Quote:
uninvited aka sex boat with a cat on a plane,

OH! I have that last film, not Uninvited but...

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  GREAT IDEA TO IMPROVE BADMOVIES « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.