Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:05:27 AM
714517 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  the curse series « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: the curse series  (Read 2089 times)
ssvegita
« on: February 04, 2002, 02:22:41 PM »

Yeah has any one seen them and whatdo you think:

Curse
Curs 2: the bite a.k.a the bite
Curse 3: blood sacrifice
Curse 4: ultimate sacrifice a.k.a Catacombs
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2002, 03:44:05 PM »

"Curse" - Cthulu should find the writer, producer, and director of this film and subject them to the worst pain imaginable.  Oh, who am I kidding?  Cthulu probably LOVES this flick.  The Big Guy wanted to teach humanity the pleasures of pain, right?  There you go.

C1 is one of THE worst Lovecraft adaptations.  Even "The Unnamable" is better.

I'm serious.

"Curse 2: The Bite" - I saw the tail end of this one.  Not very memorable.  I seem to recall the hero with a rattlesnake for a hand and vomiting snakes, or something like that.  It’s all a haze, really.

Still, it was no C1.  Thankfully.

"Curse 3: Blood Sacrifice"  - Yet another waste of Christopher Lee.  Nothing you haven't seen in a dozen other movies.  If there had been some sense of style, of giving a damn, maybe something could have been made out of it.  The ending, as I recall, makes no sense at all.

(Side note: Around the mid-nineties, I read an interview with Lee in which he stated that he hadn't been in a horror movie since his Hammer days.  I shook my head over that lie, recalling C3:BS and "Howling 2".  Then I realized that Lee was absolutely right.  Both movies are closer to comedies than horror flicks.  Too bad they’re meant to be serious…)

In C3:BS's defense, at least its not C1.

"Curse 4: Ultimate Sacrifice a.k.a. Catacombs" - I haven't seen this one, even in my local video stores.  I know nothing about it.  I wish I could say the same about the above three.
Will
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2002, 03:59:20 PM »

I liked the first two for their sheer ineptitude.  I think the first one is at least funny bad, unlike The Unnamable.  I'd love to see 3 and 4 to complete my masochistic quest.  2 has some nice gore.  the snake hand is killer.
Cullen
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2002, 05:28:02 PM »

"I think the first one is at least funny bad, unlike The Unnamable."

Funny bad would have helped "The Unnamable" in the long run, I will grant you that.  I think that as a slasher movie, it's passable.  As a Lovecraft movie, it's pretty poor.

Let me just end this post by saying I've watched TU twice and enjoyed it both times.  I've seen "The Curse" once, and can only remember how completely UGLY it was.  I suppose if I watched it again I might enjoy it for the same reason you gave, Will.

Of course, I might also claw out my eyes and run screaming down the street.  

I really didn't like that movie.
Will
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2002, 06:11:29 PM »

Understandable.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, that's for sure.  I might recommend the second one, but the first one I think is just one of those things that I like but I know most other b-movie kidz wouldn't like...something like that.  It is gawdawful, to say the least.  I never saw Unnamable 2.  Is it any good (using the term loosly)?
Cullen
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2002, 07:45:22 AM »

It's more of the same, really.  I've only watched it once, and it never really did anything for me.  I don't remember it being any better than the first one, and if you didn't like the first one, it might be safe to say you won't like the second.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  the curse series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.