Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:11:37 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  War of The Worlds/Sorry, Wrong Number « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: War of The Worlds/Sorry, Wrong Number  (Read 1515 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 29, 2006, 12:32:22 AM »

I'm pretty "up" about this one --
Heck, it's only a Regional Theatre (Northern Colorado) thing, but I think quite daring and experimental:
I've been cast as part of a huge ensemble (20 actors, technicians and Foley people) to perform War of The Worlds and Sorry, Wrong Number as a staged production double-feature, as a live radio broadcast.  We'll be doing it in a 400 seat theatre, with period costumes, mics, sound effects, etc., as if it were the 1930's again.
Plus, I get to play my Theremin as the heat-ray and entrance of the Martians!!  
Even if this is a collossal failure, people, this is the kind of go-for-broke Art-stuff that I live for --
plus, one of the characters I do -- we're using the Koch script -- is that of the "gunner" in the basement who postulates the "new world order" to come -- a part so juicy I swoon --
Yours in Hog Hebbin
peter johnson

I have no idea what this means.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 03:34:43 AM »

Sounds exciting!
I'm kinda' hoping to give it a try myself.
I recently signed up for acting lessons at the Firehouse Theater Project, here in CVA.

I tried once back in the early '90s, but in order to pay for lessons, face cards & a portfolio, I wound up in this high stress manufacturing job in another town that ate up all my time, not to mention the distance more repairs to my bike, often paid for out of my acting career fund.

C'est la vie.

By the way, is it okay nowadays to run face cards & portfolios off your home printer, or do they still make you go to the pros for that stuff?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 07:03:32 AM »

Sounds cool Peter, break a leg man!

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
peter johnson

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 12:57:46 AM »

Headshots and resumes, depending on what sort of thing you're going for, are perfectly acceptable to print off of your home setup --
     Personally, I suggest 100 weight paper for the headshots, as the lighter stuff is too flimsy.
     Portfolios and cards are more for modeling work, which I've done very little of --
     For straight acting, what you need is a good plain black and white shot of you from the shoulders up that really looks like you.  No glam shots.  Whoever has your headshot should be able to have the shot in their hands and look up and see you walk in the door and know that it's you immediately.
     Resumes on the back of the headshot attached with 3 staples.  3 because they may want to tear the resume off & file it separately & tack your headshot on the wall along with others to look at their ensemble cast.  
     Resumes to include stage, radio, industrial, feature, commercial, student, training, etc., all in separate categories -- you want to show a range of stuff, so pick and choose and make it all fit on one sheet.  Punch up stuff pertinent to the job you're going for, so you may wish to produce different resumes pertinent to different jobs to go with the same headshot -- eg.:  If you're auditioning for a commercial, probably not a good place to highlight your lauded appearance in "Waiting For Godot".
     Hope this is helpful
peter crane/denny johnson

dean

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 03:40:35 AM »

War of the Worlds?  Gah, bah, fah!  I'm a War of the Worlds obsessive myself... words elude me as to how awesome this would be.

That sounds fantastic!  And full of Theremin and foley goodness as well...

Are you guys recording the session?  If so [which would be great] hows about a posting?

Also, does that mean you've actually appeared in "Waiting For Godot?"

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
peter johnson

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 12:51:49 AM »

Re. Godot --
No.
Not since college have I done any Beckett, which I find a shame, as he's among the most brilliant stars of modern theatre -- I've done Endgame as well, several times in fact.
Ever see the Buster Keaton film that Beckett wrote/directed?  Just called "Film" -- very much its own thing.
I wanted us to record and re-broadcast on the local radio stations, but the Howard Koch Trust, which owns the script rights, would make that cost-prohibitive.
So, yes, there may be -- ahem -- "private" recordings of these shows, there won't be anything offically available --
I'll let people know, but some poster here whose name I forget once wanted me to autograph a ROBOCHIC box for a VHS and it never showed up.  
Puzzled me.
Anyway, go over & buy some Demons of Stupidity stuff, as that's by one of our posters as well --
Support yer local artiste!!
peter crane/denny johnson

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  War of The Worlds/Sorry, Wrong Number « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.